England.

redrus

But my guess is that they'll go for Fabio Capello.

Can he even speak English? Upto now i haven't heard him speak a word of English in any interview, even the one's linked to the England job. I'm sorry but although i'm not a big believer in the manager having to be English, he should be able to speak English.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can he even speak English? Upto now i haven't heard him speak a word of English in any interview, even the one's linked to the England job. I'm sorry but although i'm not a big believer in the manager having to be English, he should be able to speak English.

Goddle didn't speak English, he spoke gibberish and he still got the job :D

Lawrie Macmenemy and Phil Neal also had problems conversing in English and they were part of the England set up, they seemed to suffer from Echolalia as well. :o Yes, Boss.

Apparently Capello can speak 'football English'. I was listening to some ex-player (can't remember who) who knows him and said that is the case.

I'd imagine that Capello would pick up the language pretty quickly if he was to get the job. As HH said, he probably speaks some already, and being a very professional and thorough individual I think it would be no problem for him. His track record in the game is up there with the best, so it is good that hje is interested and hopefully he will be considered on his merits and acheivemnets rather than being an FA lapdog.

I think that on Football Focus tonight, the panel got it spot on by saying the bigest problem is that people like Barprick and other old duffers are given the footballing decisions and have no sense of responsibility whenthings go wrong. In fact if Barwick had any honour he'd do the decent thing and resign, as he is responsible for the farce of thelast 18 months.

Maybe Rafa is staying :o :

Mourinho 'invites England offer'

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly expressed an interest in becoming the new England manager.

Mourinho, who left Chelsea in September, said he would be prepared to talk to the Football Association.

"You will have to speak to the FA to see if they are interested in offering me the job," he told the Sun newspaper.

"I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the FA to come and get me. We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."

Mourinho would be a popular choice to replace Steve McClaren at the helm with England because of his hugely impressive record with Chelsea and Porto.

He won two Portuguese championships, the Uefa Cup and the Champions League with Porto, before leaving to win two Premier League titles, two League Cups and the FA Cup with the Blues.

The 44-year-old had been tipped to stay in club management in Europe, having previously suggested that he would only be interested in coaching his native Portugal at international level.

o.gif

FA chief executive Brian Barwick has said that nationality "would not be an issue" when it came to appointing the next England coach.

England, who have dropped down to the second pot of seeds in qualification for the major tournaments, avoided Portugal in Sunday's draw for the World Cup.

Barwick will lead the FA's search for a new coach after they missed out on a place at Euro 2008, alongside the organisation's development director Sir Trevor Brooking. The FA has already had to listen to several potential candidates rule themselves out of contention for the position with Aston Villa's Martin O'Neill, West Ham's Alan Curbishley and Newcastle's Sam Allardyce all distancing themselves from speculation.

Looks like the bookies' odds on Harry Redknapp for England will be lengthening a tad.

It's certainly taken them a long time. 'arry has been known as Bungpuss for years amongst West Ham supporters. Goingway back to the sale of Rio in fact. But no England job for him and that's for sure. Although I heard that incompetent fool Barwick saying that he wants an Englishman to take the job.

From the BBC:-

Terry wants Mourinho for England

John Terry has identified Jose Mourinho as the "stand-out" candidate to succeed Steve McClaren as the new England boss.

McClaren was sacked following England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008, and Mourinho has emerged as a favourite after saying he would consider the job.

And Chelsea and England captain Terry, who has met with Football Association chief Brian Barwick, said: "He is one that really stands out for me.

"Now it is down to the FA to contact him if they want to speak to him."

Barwick has vowed to seek the opinion of a whole host of leading figures in the game regarding potential candidates to take over the England manager's job.

Michel Platini, Franz Beckenbauer and Sir Alex Ferguson are among those he has already canvassed, and Terry admitted he had also met with the FA chief.

"I have had a meeting with Brian Barwick but that stays very private between me and him," he said.

"It was not just about managers but many things. But that will stay very private. I'm sure he will meet a few of the other guys as well but it is great to be consulted on these matters."

But it is clear Mourinho would enjoy the support of his former Chelsea charge should he be offered, and accept, the position.

Terry admitted he had exchanged words with Mourinho prior to the Portuguese's abrupt departure from Stamford Bridge but insisted there was no ill-feeling between him and his former boss.

The defender revealed he had exchanged texts with Mourinho last week and that they had recently spoken on the phone.

"I would happily work for Jose tomorrow," said Terry. "There is no problem at all between me and him. We said we had an argument that night, but it certainly had nothing to do with the decision to part company. That is why what was said was hurtful at the time.

"He texted me just the other day. 'Are you well?' 'How are the family?' 'How are the lads?' If he walked in through the door tomorrow, I'd shake him warmly by the hand."

"Jose came in and took us to a new level at Chelsea," added Terry. "I am very lucky to have worked with Jose - he is a fantastic manager and a fantastic guy.

"He could make a big difference. He's a great guy, tactically he is very aware, and he understands the game very well.

"He enjoys the day-in, day-out stuff with a club side so maybe it would not suit him, but you never know.

"We are at a very low point at the moment, but we can only go forward. The FA are looking to bring in the right man to help us do that."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can anyone else understand why we would want the views of Fergie, Platini and Beckenbauer. Why on earth would a Jockstrap, Frog and a Kraut want England to succeed. Barwick is off his tree. It wouldn't surprise me if it was them who got the FA to appoint McClown in the first place. :o

BBC SPORT Latest news

URL ref.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/i...als/7137847.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 13 December 2007, 08:58 GMT

Capello to become England manager

Italian Capello has won domestic titles in both Italy and Spain

Fabio Capello will be appointed as the next manager of England later on Thursday, BBC Sport can reveal.

BBC sports editor Mihir Bose says the 61-year-old Italian has been offered a four-year deal worth £4m a year.

Capello's appointment will be ratified by the Football Association following a board meeting at lunchtime.

Capello, who has coached AC Milan, Real Madrid, Juventus and Roma, succeeds Steve McClaren, who was sacked after England failed to reach Euro 2008.

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was the initial favourite to take over, but he ruled himself out of the running and the FA quickly turned their attentions to Capello.

The Italian expressed his interest in the job just days after McClaren's departure.

He eventually met for discussions with FA chief executive Brian Barwick and director of football Sir Trevor Brooking in London on Wednesday.

Those talks were decsribed as "extremely positive" by FA director of communications Adrian Bevington.

This for me is a great move and top drawer for a change.

England deserve the best available and nothing less, let us hope they let him do his job and leave the fooball to a man who has already achieved much success, even with the most temperamental super stars who think they know / knew best

His teams / players being multi nationalities i might add so communication shouldn,t be such a big problem.

Let em send im to Yorkshire for crash course in footballing phrases that are a definite asset for his task ahead before Feb. to learn some typical words that English players respond to, e.g,s being F##@%$#... B%$#%&*.... W*&&%@#!... Yu Useless C*&t ect. ect.

marshbags :o:D

Edited by marshbags

I agree Marshbags, this is a greAT appointment. A first class manager with a proven track record. It is even better than SGE's.

The other thing with Capello, is that he clearly will not be influenced by the media or players. He will be happy to drop players if they don't perform, and he is a manager that selects players for specific jobs. Hoefully gone are the days of playing right midfielders on the left etc, etc...

I'd imagine a few of the England players may be looking over their shoulders and thinking thaey might have to pull there fingers out a bit more. This guy wont put up with any shit. He will also be more than capable of dealing with the old duffers at Soho Square. Players like Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand ar going to have to perform on the pitch rather than talking themselves up in the media. I think maybe a change of captain would also be a good thing.

He is also more than capable of dealing with the media, and he does appear a little bit "cleaner" than lecherous SGE.

This guy is a natural born winner, he has won everything and wherever he has gone. If he can't get England winning when it really matters, then probably no one can.

I agree Marshbags, this is a greAT appointment. A first class manager with a proven track record. It is even better than SGE's.

The other thing with Capello, is that he clearly will not be influenced by the media or players. He will be happy to drop players if they don't perform, and he is a manager that selects players for specific jobs. Hoefully gone are the days of playing right midfielders on the left etc, etc...

I'd imagine a few of the England players may be looking over their shoulders and thinking thaey might have to pull there fingers out a bit more. This guy wont put up with any shit. He will also be more than capable of dealing with the old duffers at Soho Square. Players like Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand ar going to have to perform on the pitch rather than talking themselves up in the media. I think maybe a change of captain would also be a good thing.

He is also more than capable of dealing with the media, and he does appear a little bit "cleaner" than lecherous SGE.

This guy is a natural born winner, he has won everything and wherever he has gone. If he can't get England winning when it really matters, then probably no one can.

Another important observation, he,s only costing 16 mil over 4 years.

How many so called " under performing internationals " can you buy for that money.....What a bargain

marshbags

P.S.

As i do not post regular, please allow me to say .......

Genuine felt disappointment to J.S. regarding Rangers last night, i,m really gutted for my mates from over the border.

You,ve done well and can now have a go in the Eufa cup, it,s not such a bad alternative.

Good luck to all my pals from over the years who support them. :o

Well, they're on his case already. These taloids are morons, trying to make a mole hill out of...well nothing really :o

From the Daily Star:-

SECRET DRUGS SHOCK OF NEW ENGLAND BOSS

England managerial favourite Fabio Capello has admitted he took drugs to boost his footballing career.

The Italian, expected to be announced as the next Three Lions boss by tomorrow, made the shock revelation in a tell-all interview.

The hardliner said he boosted his fitness with now-banned stimulants while playing for big name clubs like Roma, Juventus and AC Milan.

The 61-year-old even used drugs during some of his 32 games with the Italian national team.

He admitted to taking stamina-boosting drug Micoren, but said that during his 70s heyday it was not banned.

The drug was made illegal in 2000 after a major investigation into drugs in Italian football.

Turin judges ordered the probe after a spate of rare nervous system diseases, leukaemias and cancers among retired footballers who took Micoren.

The ex-AC Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid manager said: “In my career as a player and a trainer I saw things that were done but I don’t think I should denounce them now.

“There was medicine which at the time was not considered doping and which has now been banned.

“Micoren, for example, was taken by everybody – even me when I was in the national team.

“But at the time it was not considered doping. Doping nowadays is much harder because the controls are much tougher.”

The firebrand manager also revealed how he has been plotting to nab the prized England manager’s job for years.

In the 2006 magazine interview, he predicted: “Within three years I will quit as club coach, then I would like to realise a dream that I have always had, England.”

The FA last night confirmed it had spoken to Capello after he was pictured leaving Heathrow.

He met chief executive Brian Barwick and Sir Trevor Brooking, the director of football development, at Wembley.

The FA said the talks were “extremely positive and without problems”.

What do you expect from a quality paper like the Daily Scar :o

As you said, he took stimulants that were not banned in the 70's. Big deal. I'm sure Capello will handle some of the morons in the British press pretty well.

I like the comment he made to Di Canio, when he asked him why he had been subsituted. "Your face looks like a penis", was the response. :D

Well, they're on his case already. These taloids are morons, trying to make a mole hill out of...well nothing really :o

From the Daily Star:-

SECRET DRUGS SHOCK OF NEW ENGLAND BOSS

England managerial favourite Fabio Capello has admitted he took drugs to boost his footballing career.

The Italian, expected to be announced as the next Three Lions boss by tomorrow, made the shock revelation in a tell-all interview.

The hardliner said he boosted his fitness with now-banned stimulants while playing for big name clubs like Roma, Juventus and AC Milan.

The 61-year-old even used drugs during some of his 32 games with the Italian national team.

He admitted to taking stamina-boosting drug Micoren, but said that during his 70s heyday it was not banned.

The drug was made illegal in 2000 after a major investigation into drugs in Italian football.

Turin judges ordered the probe after a spate of rare nervous system diseases, leukaemias and cancers among retired footballers who took Micoren.

The ex-AC Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid manager said: “In my career as a player and a trainer I saw things that were done but I don’t think I should denounce them now.

“There was medicine which at the time was not considered doping and which has now been banned.

“Micoren, for example, was taken by everybody – even me when I was in the national team.

“But at the time it was not considered doping. Doping nowadays is much harder because the controls are much tougher.”

The firebrand manager also revealed how he has been plotting to nab the prized England manager’s job for years.

In the 2006 magazine interview, he predicted: “Within three years I will quit as club coach, then I would like to realise a dream that I have always had, England.”

The FA last night confirmed it had spoken to Capello after he was pictured leaving Heathrow.

He met chief executive Brian Barwick and Sir Trevor Brooking, the director of football development, at Wembley.

The FA said the talks were “extremely positive and without problems”.

In the old days we could have found an apt use for these sort of Tabloid comments.

Threaded on string or secured by various other ingenious methods.

Useful only for wiping the old bits of you know what left overs and all these negative comments are worthy of..... The F****** :D sssssssssssssssssssss

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

What do you expect from a quality paper like the Daily Scar :o

Yeah it's not a paper i buy but they covered it on the BBC news this morning, on the way into work.

One day, hopefully, the media will get behind our manager instead of hounding them constantly.

Mr Boj, I would never have assumed that you would by the Star. More likely the Boston Record :D:D

I agree, it would be nice if they actually got behind the manager, rather than trying to undermine him, but I suppose that doesn't make good stories. I think Capello will basicall tell them to "Go a fuc_ka youselves". :D

I think Capello will basicall tell them to "Go a fuc_ka youselves". :o

If Carlsberg made managers, that's exactly what he'd do and would probably be the best manager in the world :D

I'm still delighted with this appointment. I really don't think you could get anyone better, and I'm pleased that for once it looks like Barprick has done a reasonable job and not hesitated, as somone of Capello's calibre is hardly likely to be on the shelf for long.

Well he's got plenty of time to settle into the job & sort the crap out. I think we've got Switzerland for their build up to that tournement that's coming up (the name escapes me now) then 6 month before any others....so I read.

Well he's got plenty of time to settle into the job & sort the crap out. I think we've got Switzerland for their build up to that tournement that's coming up (the name escapes me now) then 6 month before any others....so I read.

Not a lot to do for 6 and a half million a year, sorry that's before tax

Not a bad job for 4 million a year (and we're not talking Baht or Rupiyah here). <deleted>

When he is winning games he will be great but as soon as he loses a few game(as he will) Then the press will say why dont we have an English manager? Same as what happened with Sven. No matter who is England manager he wont be good enough unless he wins trophies and i cant see that happening. :o

Probably the best available man for the job.

However, it will not help much.

England will be the same as long as the almost empty pool of top players remain the same.

Capello is not a magician.

How many top players can he choose from behind the first XI men?

Take away the first XI, and England is not better then a 2nd rate football nation in Europe.

Oh, sorry, they already are, since they didnt make it to the European Cup.

It will take at least one generation to get back into the top flight, as the talents need to be developed properly.

England has the same amount (or even more) talents as the other big nations, but they are still only a talent when they reach 18, which is too late.

It helps though if your manager/coach is good at his job & has tactical nouse.

I would say that Capello can organise & actually set up a game plan a whole lot better than the last clown could ever do. Sven did a good job with more or less the same bunch of players but with the last pillock we went back 20yrs.

Probably the best available man for the job.

However, it will not help much.

England will be the same as long as the almost empty pool of top players remain the same.

Capello is not a magician.

How many top players can he choose from behind the first XI men?

Take away the first XI, and England is not better then a 2nd rate football nation in Europe.

Oh, sorry, they already are, since they didnt make it to the European Cup.

It will take at least one generation to get back into the top flight, as the talents need to be developed properly.

England has the same amount (or even more) talents as the other big nations, but they are still only a talent when they reach 18, which is too late.

I think the death of the English game has been greatly exaggereated. Whilst results have been poor, it is not the lack of decent players that is the problem, it has been the way they have been utilised. SGE, did an okay jod, but always seemed to lack the real balls to come up with anything other than plan A, when England were struggling, i.e Portugal and Brazil games come to mind.

McClown was an absolute joke, and the results were of his reign were entirely predictable. England will improve under Capello, and hopefully he will be able to change the attitudes of some of the top players who have becom complacent and molly coddled by the last idiot in charge.

Anyway, I'm happy that the FA have appointed him, and look forward to seeing how he starts to shape the squad.