• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Englands next manager :o:D :

By Alan Shearer

Match of the Day pundit

999999.gif

You can sometimes get away with one or two not playing to their maximum but I can't believe how many England players were so very poor.

Only Peter Crouch played anything like we know he can, and it's just left every last supporter devastated.

Something was just drastically missing from England. There was no pace, no urgency and Croatia were so comfortable for most of the match it was incredible.

You can question the system, you can question whether the players are good enough, you can question how much the players missing through injury hurt us.

o.gif

But the fact is England do not deserve to go through on this performance.

The players looked scared and it needed someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

We had a disastrous start but we get back into it and all you can think is that England had to keep the pressure on.

But they didn't, they sat back at 2-2 unbelievably, and the third goal summed up our performance - no-one was within yards of Petric when he scored and it just showed a lack of urgency and commitment from our players.

The pressure on McClaren now will be absolutely unbelievable, but I don't think he'll resign. It wouldn't surprise me if the FA ends his term.

McClaren - cabbage

Sven - swede

And now views from another vegetable ......... turnip :o

By Graham Taylor

Former England manager BBC 5 Live pundit 999999.gif

I have to say, having gone 2-0 down, I was very worried because we've got almost a reserve back four and goalkeeper.

Looking at them and their body language, even (Sol) Campbell who is experienced, they looked nervous - it looked like it got to them.

I never felt England were in control of themselves, never mind the game.

In 12 qualification games you generally get what you deserve.

There is a major difference between playing Premier League football and playing at the pace of international football.

You learn in the heat of the summer at major tournaments you have to learn to play at different levels and learn to keep the ball. Sometimes you keep it for the sake of keeping it.

But football crowds here won't accept that.

We've really got to do something about the future of English football at international level. Until we do that then we are going to continue going in the same way.

The same 'england fans' that pop out of the woodwork when we win.

Its a very sad day, things need to be completely revised and we need to start from scratch.

We need to bring back the ENGLAND TILL I DIE attitude and look forwrd to the future.

I,d go one further and add getting rid of the whole FA hierarchy, clean out top to bottom and get a completely new approach instilled.

I couldn't agree more. They are the one's who appoint the manager in the first place. But somehow these rejects from Billy Smart's Circus never seem to carry the can.

How sad it all is that it has come to this once again.

Now they have confirmed the expected, lets have those who appointed him in the first place shown a similar fate.

Voluntary resignations come to mind, but yes i reckon i,m only dreaming.

As a football die hard i am well pissed off and downhearted at the end result.

No excuses to defend our national team with and no pride in defeat to cling to.

I envy the Scottish supporters who can at least look back with pride on their performances and in particular their game with Italy when for me the best team lost.

Football is a cruel game and not for the faint hearted

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

The pressure on McClaren now will be absolutely unbelievable, but I don't think he'll resign. It wouldn't surprise me if the FA ends his term

Gone! See ya. You're pish. Now fuc_k off and we dont want to see you again. Thats until you take over a job in the EPL. :o But here. Take this 2 mill plus cheque. Have a nice day! What a fuc_k up. He was never the right man for England. And everyone knew it from the start. BTW SGE is a good a manager. IMHO. One of the best you have had. Whoever takes over the England job will always not be good enough. Unless they win a big tournie. And thats not gonna happen. Give up England! BTW the English press are the worst. They make people believe the hype. :D

Mr b , Chavy , markr not included :D .

It's suprising we only hear from these " England fans " when it comes to sla##ing us off :o .

Perhaps reflecting on past comments relating to the England team there are many " England fans " who like the F.A have been in denial when the signs were obvious.

This forum has a record of plenty of misguided observations unfortunately but the reality is the white shirt has been ridiculed by so called profesional players, along with Maclaren, Venables and all the heirachy.

Would anyone have listened with reason to non complementary observations without classing them as a troll / spoiler...

I think not, i,m bound to say, and observe in silence.

They deserve slagging off and shaming.

All who have stood back and kept out of the debates have known all along but for obvious reasons the eventual outcome of this farce.

There are many good hearted, honest debators who must be feeling much worse now it,s over.

Non of us deserve the let down, active commentators or otherwise.

marshbags :D

P.S.

Just glanced at the latest comments and the comaradirei is there for all to see. ( neva culd spel that wurd )

Nice one J.S. and M.J, i enjoy the banter when i read the Footie threads and know were you are all coming from :D

Edited by marshbags

Someone said they blame Andorra for not getting a draw against Russia. That's asking a bit too much, considering Andorra finished this qualification with 0 points. A draw for them against Russia would have been like for Ecuador to win the World Cup.

Anyways, it is after all a qualification that selects the best teams to progress to Euro 2008. Unfortunately, England didn't qualify because they were, let's be honest, not among the best this time. The way they played the last few games, if they would have progressed to Euro 2008, it would have likely just been a disappointment there and they may have gone out there in the first round. Same scenario, manager sacked too.

Of course, the fans expected England to qualify, just like everyone else did. But it's a qualification and may the best go through. This time, England wasn't among them.

There's still a lot of good teams in the competition worth watching, like Portugal, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, etc. The party isn't spoiled, so just enjoy Euro 2008 :o

There's still a lot of good teams in the competition worth watching, like Portugal, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, etc. The party isn't spoiled, so just enjoy Euro 2008 :o

Nope, i won't be watching for one. It looks like my days next summer are going to filled up with D.I.Y.

I'd sooner empty a septic tank by hand, than have to sit through watching Germany or France gloat.

It's suprising we only hear from these " England fans " when it comes to sla##ing us off :o .

Perhaps reflecting on past comments relating to the England team there are many " England fans " who like the F.A have been in denial when the signs were obvious.

This forum has a record of plenty of misguided observations unfortunately but the reality is the white shirt has been ridiculed by so called profesional players, along with Maclaren, Venables and all the heirachy.

Would anyone have listened with reason to non complementary observations without classing them as a troll / spoiler...

I think not, i,m bound to say, and observe in silence.

They deserve slagging off and shaming.

All who have stood back and kept out of the debates have known all along but for obvious reasons the eventual outcome of this farce.

There are many good hearted, honest debators who must be feeling much worse now it,s over.

Non of us deserve the let down, active commentators or otherwise.

marshbags :D

P.S.

Just glanced at the latest comments and the comaradirei is there for all to see. ( neva culd spel that wurd )

Nice one J.S. and M.J, i enjoy the banter when i read the Footie threads and know were you are all coming from :D

"They deserve slagging off and shaming." true , but if you are a real England football fan then you need to end on a good note and look to the future like a real football fan does .

Just slagging off is for idiots :D .

This forum has a record of plenty of misguided observations unfortunately...

Well, that must be a first amongst football supporters. :D

:D:D

Being a City fan for 44 21 years :o I've been misguided for a very long time :D

Every year, we are going to get into Europe, win the FA Cup and the League Cup. But every year we don't. This year is different though :bah:

Every year, we are going to get into Europe, win the FA Cup and the League Cup. But every year we don't. This year is different though :bah:

What?

Your going on Tour to Thailand to play in the Chang Cup? :bah:

I secretly hope we don't qualify just to prevent the remote possibility that the idiot that is McClaren is in charge for the world cup.

Cheers

Even after that I still stay up till daft'oclock hoping that they will make it. But ........

Some of the slagging is consistent and justified.

So The Clown has officially left the building. I'm not so sure about the calls for Shearer.

Why don't they go for a dream ticket Mourinho with Shearer assistant.

Cheers

What?

Nah Toady, Singha are our new sponsors. So it'll be the Singha Cup, although it sounds more like a Karaoke competition, which if that's the case, we'll win easily :o

Nope, i won't be watching for one. It looks like my days next summer are going to filled up with D.I.Y.

I'd sooner empty a septic tank by hand, than have to sit through watching Germany or France gloat.

i agree 100% ,i will not watch any of it ,will please the wife anyway ....

Nah Toady, Singha are our new sponsors. So it'll be the Singha Cup, although it sounds more like a Karaoke competition, which if that's the case, we'll win easily :D

:o:D

Do you think McClown may get a WP in Thailand as a football Manager*. or is he too crap?

*Note: the word coach omitted, as I think he is a great coach, just a <deleted> manager.

What?

I'd rather drink from the Chang cup than the league cup :o

There's still a lot of good teams in the competition worth watching, like Portugal, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, etc. The party isn't spoiled, so just enjoy Euro 2008 :D

i agree 100% ,i will not watch any of it ,will please the wife anyway ....

My wife won't be pleased , I'll still be watching Euro 2008 but with a chip on my shoulder :o .

There's still a lot of good teams in the competition worth watching, like Portugal, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, etc. The party isn't spoiled, so just enjoy Euro 2008 :D

Err, no.

I hope that we now have the Home Nations, so at least we can watch something of interest. There is no way I want to endure watching a tournament without in England in it. USA 1994 was bad enough, this though is even worse.

It's a good reason though to pull out of the EU and join another Football region that we have links to. How about Asia. :o

Edited by mrtoad

MrBoj, I hope that you are reffering to the sewage system and not the other type of septic :o

MrBoj, I hope that you are reffering to the sewage system and not the other type of septic :D

:o:D

Indeed i am Toady, indeed i am.

As usual England underperformed and lacked any guts, overpaid, overrated over confident. About time we realised England are not world class. In fact it's probably the best thing for us, mabe we will get a real Manager, stop messing around and go back to basics.

Totally agree.And who was the worst player on view,the darling of the media-Gerrard.Talking of the media,are they EVER wrong?They conveniently forget about the garbage they prattle on about BEFORE the game.Did any of them say afterwards?"You know,although McClarens a half wit,I must admit that,of the players available,I would have picked the same team".No,divert the attention away from the motley collection of mediocrity on the pitch and slap the blame firmly on the managers shoulders-who wasnt playing,incidently.'World class?'Dont make me laugh.World class players ADAPT to the games changing pattern-They dont need to be bottle fed from the sidelines.

What about Capello :o

Capello keen on England position

Former Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello has said he would be interested in the England manager's job.

Steve McClaren was sacked after England's 3-2 defeat by Croatia cost them a place at the Euro 2008 finals.

And Capello, who has won league titles with Real, AC Milan and Roma, said: "It would be a beautiful challenge. I am the right age."

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill and former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho are the bookies' favourites for the job.

O'Neill was rejected by the FA after interviewing for the role before McClaren's appointment and may be reluctant to put himself in the frame again.

Mourinho, meanwhile, has been out of work since leaving Chelsea in September following a dispute with Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

The Portuguese has the credentials to be successful, after winning back-to-back Premier League titles with Chelsea a season after clinching the Champions League with Porto, but may prefer club management to the international arena.

o.gif

A close friend of the Portuguese told the BBC: "Jose is very sorry for the result and for what happened to Steve, a coach he always respected.

"For him, the absence of England is very bad for Euro 2008, and he is also unhappy for the absence of such good players. No more comment."

Capello is so far the only potential candidate to publicly declare an interest in coaching England.

The 61-year-old was sacked by Real at the end of last season despite winning the Spanish title and he is available as he is now working as a commentator for Italian television.

However, Capello might prove to be a controversial choice to succeed McClaren, as his many successes on the pitch have been marred by some unsavoury episodes.

He led Roma to the title in 2001 - their first major honour in a decade - but then became embroiled in a dispute with club captain Francesco Totti, was accused of moving on key players and ended his spell at Roma with the club in danger of relegation.

Capello then became Juventus boss and led them to league titles in 2005 and 2006, but the club was stripped of their trophies because of their involvement in a match-fixing scandal.

Following that, Capello resigned as Juventus manager and joined Real Madrid for a second spell - having first taken the reins in 1996 - where he again claimed the Spanish title in 2007. But the success did not stop Capello from being dismissed by the Spanish giants, who were unhappy with his defensive style of play.

If Gerrard played as well as he talked before England games we would never lose. Same can be said for Jon Terry and Rio Ferdinand. I'd wish they would put up or shut up.

In the end, McClaren is only as good as the payers perform, but some of his tactics last night were so <deleted> naive and foolish he deserves all the flack he's getting, and I hope some of the players get some as well. Time for them to knickle down and prove to the country that they are as good as they say they are, and that means showing class in International games, not against the likes of Wigan, Derby or Sunderland.