England.

redrus

Why all the furore, the wailing,the gnashing of teeth, and breast beating?

What you were seeing was ENTERTAINMENT....not sport....It is not even ritualised tribal warfare any more.....it is merely a business,designed to inflame the passions, and to extract large amount of cash ,from the feeble minded,and unthinking, public!!

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, horrible display , horrible pitch. Croatia deserved to win no doubt about that.

Thanks for reminding us of our results all the jocks that have crept out the woodwork, plastic ones as well as real. We already know thank you

It's fair, though, isn't it? Russia looked like it was going to score a few goals against Israel but were very unlucky to concede in extra time and lose.

England has been given a chance they didn't deserve in the first place, and they blew it.

"Golden generation" - ha ha ha. One year they talk about winning World Cup, next year they fail to qualify for Europe, fair and square.

Croatians warned them a week ago that they were overcomplacent, overconfident, and full of themselves.

It's fair, though, isn't it? Russia looked like it was going to score a few goals against Israel but were very unlucky to concede in extra time and lose.

England has been given a chance they didn't deserve in the first place, and they blew it.

"Golden generation" - ha ha ha. One year they talk about winning World Cup, next year they fail to qualify for Europe, fair and square.

Croatians warned them a week ago that they were overcomplacent, overconfident, and full of themselves.

Full of Sh*t, is more like it LOL

ok. ok. I'll shut up now :o

After the Crouch goal England were playing fantastic, looked like they could get a couple more. Then all of a sudden after the goal celebrations were over I couldn't believe it, McClown comes running to the sideline telling Defoe to drop back into midfield. It handed the possession/game right back to Croatia.

Thanks a lot McClown, don't forget to fall under a bus on your way out.

A bit like Thais - they talk themselves up but outside the country their boasting means nothing. Unlike Thais, however, they don't realise that they are rather small. In football terms, of course.

The funny thing is most Thais are shellshocked because all Thais seem to believe the "propaganda by espn and star" that the english team is the best in the world. They do not seem to understand that even though the premier league is strong that the PL doesn't equal the English national team.

Waerth

After the Crouch goal England were playing fantastic, looked like they could get a couple more. Then all of a sudden after the goal celebrations were over I couldn't believe it, McClown comes running to the sideline telling Defoe to drop back into midfield. It handed the possession/game right back to Croatia.

after the bad judgement at 2-2 he still has the gall to not want to resign ......

after the bad judgement at 2-2 he still has the gall to not want to resign ......

Even worse was when he 'sidestepped' the question after the game, as to who's decision it was to tell Defoe to drop back. Everyone who saw the game clearly saw him give those instructions out!! The momentum was with England, they could and should have gone on to win the game, but the negative and naive tactics by McClown cost us. He has always been a negative thinking manager (just look at Boro when he was in charge) He really is a huge joke in my book, and if the FA do not sack him, they are an even bigger joke (which is probably true anyway) :o

Moved to Football forum

Totster :D

lets face it england arnt good enough ,,,,,,dont blame the manager ,the players are to blame ,too much money ,too many ego's :o

agree partly lazeeboy , over paid brats the lot of them. However, McClaren needs to take his fair shame for the tactics employed.

Well lads what can i say? Unlucky. Once again it just goes to show you are just not good enough. As TP said.

still it saves us the obvious dissappointment we would be facing after monumental hype of how we were gonna win the competition in the summer

Now your commentaters will still have to talk about the 66 WC. :D:o

Well lads what can i say? Unlucky. Once again it just goes to show you are just not good enough.

without trying to wind anyone up - I totally agree.

all the pre-match hype and the now post-match bewilderment, but why? england are out because - in a reasonably easy group - they weren't good enough. simple. it's no surprise.

over-rated, over-paid, no passion, no fight, no organisation.

next. :o

Well lads what can i say? Unlucky. Once again it just goes to show you are just not good enough.

all the pre-match hype and the now post-match bewilderment, but why? england are out because - in a reasonably easy group - they weren't good enough. simple. it's no surprise.

next. :o

Yep, no arguments from me.

next. :D

Yep, no arguments from me.

Or from me :D , but ........... nah , forget it :D .

COME ON LIVERPOOL :o .

An absolute disgrace and shambolic against the Croates.

The players are multi millionaires but total losers yet in reality they do not give a 'toss' so why should we?

I read that the weak, creepy and useless manager :o will walk away with millions for being such an incompetent; remember we subscribe to the Premiership via True Vision etc and our funds go to pay these failures.

I,d go one further and add getting rid of the whole FA hierarchy, clean out top to bottom and get a completely new approach instilled.

I couldn't agree more. They are the one's who appoint the manager in the first place. But somehow these rejects from Billy Smart's Circus never seem to carry the can.

The Football Association have confirmed the departure of England coach Steve McClaren.

The FA board convened on Thursday morning after calling an emergency meeting and they wasted little time in confirming the termination of McClaren's contract.

McClaren told of England sacking

McClaren shelters under an umbrella as England stumble at Wembley

Steve McClaren has been told that he has been sacked as England coach.

The Football Association is set to formally announce at 0945 GMT that McClaren has lost his job 18 months into a four-year contract.

The FA has been holding an emergency board meeting since 0830 GMT at its Soho headquarters in London.

The decision comes after England's 3-2 defeat by Croatia and failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

The Football Association have confirmed the departure of England coach Steve McClaren.

The FA board convened on Thursday morning after calling an emergency meeting and they wasted little time in confirming the termination of McClaren's contract.

That's the ONLY good thing to have come out of this :o

2 and a half million squid pay off for being sh#te at your job and then getting the sack :D .

That's what's wrong with England and the F.A at the moment ( and for the past 40 odd years :D ).

Something drastically new is needed in the new set up and from the new manager.

I'm still in the camp that wants to see Alan Shearer get the job. He has no track record in management but neither did Klinsmann or Van Basten , and also the architect of our downfall last night Slaven Bilic , so why not Shearer :o . As I've posted before we haven't had any glory on the football pitch for the past 40 years so why not try something new :D .

Regarding Shearer and his " dull personality " , after watching many interviews of his teamates and reading a few football autobiographies you see that Shearer is a different guy when not on camera. I'm sure he won't be an F.A yes man.

As for other potential candidates , Mourinho is to clever to become the boss and as for Klinsmann , we don't won't a German in charge of our team do we :D .