Peel Truevisions remote

thailiketoo

I'm trying to set up Peel on a Tablet for my remote. The first stage testing the code to turn on and off the Samsung TV works fine but then it asks for my set top box (true visions) I input Samsung and can't get it to change channels. Is Samsung the right name to input for the truevisions set top box?

post-187908-0-13028600-1420797972_thumb.

Peel Smart Remote app

Samsung HD-S200C Truevisions Cable Set Top Box

You may need to check the support link at peel.com website (listed extreme bottom left of main page).

"If you’re service provider is still missing, please tap on “My Service Provider is missing” and make sure that you mention your TV service provider name and your region Zip Code"

Peel Smart Remote app

Samsung HD-S200C Truevisions Cable Set Top Box

You may need to check the support link at peel.com website (listed extreme bottom left of main page).

"If you’re service provider is still missing, please tap on “My Service Provider is missing” and make sure that you mention your TV service provider name and your region Zip Code"

I did before I posted here and below is what peel wrote to me.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Peel Customer Support and sending out the details of your missing device brand.

We have taken your device details and escalated to the concerned team.

Currently, we have no timeline of when the brand will be added but we will get back to you once we have an update on the same.

If you ever want to see an Electronic Program Guide on the Peel Smart Remote app then you'll have to wait for them.

Electronic Program Guide. Why does Thailand have such a problem with this concept?

I can see all the programing because it accepts Truevisions HD but it won't change the channels on the set top box only the TV.

Their website is horrible when it comes to product description and instructions.

6. Specific functions or buttons are not working for my device brand. What should I do?

Ans: To resolve this issue, we have the option to try the available alternate codes. Please follow below steps:

1. Go to App Settings by tapping on the gear wheel icon on top left corner.

2. Select “Rooms & Devices” from the left side

3. On right side, select the device for which the issue exists and tap on the button which is not working

4. From here, choose the Alternate codes and test them. Once the code works, tap on Done to confirm.

Please refer the below link for the article:

http://help.peel.com/entries/83155423-Specific-functions-not-are-wo...

Sometimes other similar devices will use the same IR control codes.

Their website is horrible when it comes to product description and instructions.

6. Specific functions or buttons are not working for my device brand. What should I do?

Ans: To resolve this issue, we have the option to try the available alternate codes. Please follow below steps:

1. Go to App Settings by tapping on the gear wheel icon on top left corner.

2. Select “Rooms & Devices” from the left side

3. On right side, select the device for which the issue exists and tap on the button which is not working

4. From here, choose the Alternate codes and test them. Once the code works, tap on Done to confirm.

Please refer the below link for the article:

http://help.peel.com/entries/83155423-Specific-functions-not-are-wo...

Sometimes other similar devices will use the same IR control codes.

Peel lists about 100 plus different manufacturers. Any suggestions which are like Samsung?

According to Samsung guide for setting up a Samsung TV Remote to control Cable Boxes ...

Samsung Cable Boxes share similar IR codes with devices from the following manufacturers Cable Boxes

0000 Memorex, Panasonic, Paragon, Pulsar, Quasar, Runco, Toshiba, Zenith

0040 Comtronics, Everquest, Goldstar, LG, Signal, SL Marx, Stargate, Teleview, Timeless

0144 Goldstar, LG, Pioneer

0702 Dongkuk

0840 Tongkook

1807 Brighthouse, Cable One, Charter, Cisco, Comcast, Cox, Daeryung, Insight, Knology, Mediacom,

Pace, Pioneer, Rogers, Scientific Atlanta, SuddenLink, Time Warner, Videotron, WideOpenWest

2979 CJ Digital, HelloD,

3319 C & M, I-Digital, SMtronic, Suwon Cable

reference: support-us.samsung.com UN46ES7100F Set Top Box remote control codes

• 2 weeks later...

I found the answer. Even though it has a Samsung name plate on the back it is listed as a Truevisions HD-5200C. So If your remote app has Truevisions HD-5200C it works. I found one that works and downloaded it and everything is fine except it costs 228 baht. I don't know how they are going to charge me. Play store does not have a credit card of mine I don't know why they let me download it.

• Like 1

I found the answer. Even though it has a Samsung name plate on the back it is listed as a Truevisions HD-5200C. So If your remote app has Truevisions HD-5200C it works. I found one that works and downloaded it and everything is fine except it costs 228 baht. I don't know how they are going to charge me. Play store does not have a credit card of mine I don't know why they let me download it.

The alternative payment is Carrier Billing.

Normally if there is a fee attached to a playstore download a payment method needs to be in place or it prompts you for one.

I mean, what are they gonna do, reposes your remote?

In hindsight I would have suggested looking for a TrueVisions labeled option, but I just assumed you already had as that's the service provider.

Glad you got it sorted.