Visa on arrival in Mae Sai

Hi,

I am a German national

currently on a Non-IB Visa.

I quit my job at my old company and they will cancel my work permit incl. Visa on Tuesday.

So right now I am planning to make a trip to Tachilek (Mae Sai).

I plan to loose the IB Visa when leaving Thailand and my question now is:

Would I just get the 'Visa on arrival (14 days)" without having to show any hotel bookings, flight tickets, etc. without problems?

Would that work?

Thanks for the feedback in advance!

Just as ubonjoe wrote. As German national you only need your passport and you will get a 30-day visa exempt. When your visa exempt expires you can get another 30-day extension at your immigration office (2000.- THB in Udon Thani, other places 1900.- THB)

Can anybody let me know how many days a US citizen would get in Mae Sai . It is a case of they have the 1 month visa stamped in at BKK airport but they would like to stay in Thailand for about 3-4 weeks more.

Could they do a visa run up to Mae Sai and how many days would they get .

Thank you.

Can anybody let me know how many days a US citizen would get in Mae Sai . It is a case of they have the 1 month visa stamped in at BKK airport but they would like to stay in Thailand for about 3-4 weeks more.

Thank you.

They would get 30 days.

They could also visit Immigration and get a 30 day extension for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

Thank you.

They would get 30 days.

They could also visit Immigration and get a 30 day extension for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

Excellent , thank you for the quick reply. She is going to be very happy as she has decided she would rather spend the whole 2 months in Thailand rather than go somewhere else.

Thank you.

They would get 30 days.

Excellent , thank you for the quick reply. She is going to be very happy as she has decided she would rather spend the whole 2 months in Thailand rather than go somewhere else.

It would be best to get the extension. There have been reports of Mae Sai of turning people away and being told to get the extension at immigration.

• 9 months later...