Now might be the time to get into gold

How does one quantify exactly how much they know? Brilliant question.

"A few weeks ago in this forum you said Thai gold was selling for 1200 Baht giggle.gif" I did? Why don't you quote me on that if I said it? Trolling around on these forums and making up lies doesn't make you look intelligent. Quite the opposite actually. The laugh is on you.

Are you SheungWan?

I actually agree with the points you wrote and it was the troll SW that I was reminding not to incessantly attack other posters when he can't even get the price right

In the planetary system of non sequiturs all is irredeemably lost in endless flailing.

Why fight the Fed?

Unfortunately, your comment reflects the general attitude toward the world's economic and monetary status quo, along with all geo-political world affairs really... If it doesn't affect me, why question it?

How long do you think the central banks of the world can paper over basic economic and monetary system flaws?

Of the 3800+ fiat monetary systems ever created throughout history, all based on debt, none have survived... Guess how many currencies on the planet today are fiat currencies? The answer is all of them...

http://investmentwatchblog.com/we-all-know-there-have-been-3800-fiat-currencies-that-have-tanked-what-many-of-us-arent-up-on-is-that-the-average-life-span-of-a-fiat-currency-is-39-years-were-at-gold-minus-40-today/

The average lifespan of a monetary system is 39 years... We are currently on year 44 of the current system, which came into being when the US negated Bretton-Woods in 1971 due to France's demand to repatriate gold from the US... Here we are 44 years later and the same demands are now being made by Germany and Belgium, along with China adding more gold to their reserves in 2015 than has been produced... How can a commodity, any commodity, be available in limited supply, have rising demand and the price does no reflect that condition? The answer is that it cannot and the price is being suppressed through naked shorts, funded by USDs printed out of thin air... Thus my post above... Go check the Comex open gold futures contracts vs inventories and you see why it is being suppressed... Comex has levered the 'paper gold' market 100+ to 1, much like the fractional reserve banking system... . If anyone with sufficient open contracts stands for delivery from the Comex that exceeds inventories, it exposes the fraud and implodes the system for the US... This is the reason for price suppression of gold in USD terms... They want to drive people away from gold and to the USD / USTs as a safe haven... Don't believe me, check gold prices in USD vs all other currencies in yesterday's route and you will start to get the picture..

Greece is the tipping point for the banking cabal and the EU... It's not the $464 billion in debt that Greece is about to default on that has the bankers worried, it's the 3 - 4 trillion euro derivatives exposure that the bankers have created out of thin air, hedging against that debt... If the new Greek government follows through and reneges on this debt and exits the EU, it will implode the banking system much like 2008... We will find out on Feb 16th, as that is the EU imposed deadline for Greece to make it's intentions known to the IMF and ECB...

Back to the Fed... I am sure you are aware that the US Federal Reserve (Central Bank) is not a branch of the US government... It is a private corporation with stockholders, unaccountable to the very government that created it... For every $1 the Fed creates out of thin air, their stockholders net a 6% commission... Go read "The Monster from Jekyll Island", then you to get a picture of why we should fight the Fed...

Edited by Loptr
  • Like 1

Why fight the Fed?

Unfortunately, your comment reflects the general attitude toward the world's economic and monetary status quo, along with all geo-political world affairs really... If it doesn't affect me, why question it?

How long do you think the central banks of the world can paper over basic economic and monetary system flaws?

Of the 3800+ fiat monetary systems ever created throughout history, all based on debt, none have survived... Guess how many currencies on the planet today are fiat currencies? The answer is all of them...

http://investmentwatchblog.com/we-all-know-there-have-been-3800-fiat-currencies-that-have-tanked-what-many-of-us-arent-up-on-is-that-the-average-life-span-of-a-fiat-currency-is-39-years-were-at-gold-minus-40-today/

The average lifespan of a monetary system is 39 years... We are currently on year 44 of the current system, which came into being when the US negated Bretton-Woods in 1971 due to France's demand to repatriate gold from the US... Here we are 44 years later and the same demands are now being made by Germany and Belgium, along with China adding more gold to their reserves in 2015 than has been produced... How can a commodity, any commodity, be available in limited supply, have rising demand and the price does no reflect that condition? The answer is that it cannot and the price is being suppressed through naked shorts, funded by USDs printed out of thin air... Thus my post above... Go check the Comex open gold futures contracts vs inventories and you see why it is being suppressed... Comex has levered the 'paper gold' market 100+ to 1, much like the fractional reserve banking system... . If anyone with sufficient open contracts stands for delivery from the Comex that exceeds inventories, it exposes the fraud and implodes the system for the US... This is the reason for price suppression of gold in USD terms... They want to drive people away from gold and to the USD / USTs as a safe haven... Don't believe me, check gold prices in USD vs all other currencies in yesterday's route and you will start to get the picture..

Greece is the tipping point for the banking cabal and the EU... It's not the $464 billion in debt that Greece is about to default on that has the bankers worried, it's the 3 - 4 trillion euro derivatives exposure that the bankers have created out of thin air, hedging against that debt... If the new Greek government follows through and reneges on this debt and exits the EU, it will implode the banking system much like 2008... We will find out on Feb 16th, as that is the EU imposed deadline for Greece to make it's intentions known to the IMF and ECB...

Back to the Fed... I am sure you are aware that the US Federal Reserve (Central Bank) is not a branch of the US government... It is a private corporation with stockholders, unaccountable to the very government that created it... For every $1 the Fed creates out of thin air, their stockholders net a 6% commission... Go read "The Monster from Jekyll Island", then you to get a picture of why we should fight the Fed...

Your comment on Federal Reserve ownership is not quite true . . .

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_14986.htm

Your comment on Federal Reserve ownership is not quite true . . .

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_14986.htm

You cite the Federal Reserve's own website as a reference...

Do you expect the cat to tell the mouse the truth about the nature of the beast?

I stand by my comment...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/who-owns-the-federal-reserve/10489

“Some people think that the Federal Reserve Banks are United States Government institutions. They are private monopolies which prey upon the people of these United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign customers; foreign and domestic speculators and swindlers; and rich and predatory money lenders.”

– The Honorable Louis McFadden, Chairman of the House Banking and Currency Committee in the 1930s

• Like 1

Why fight the Fed?

A professor in Berkeley University was quoted a couple weeks ago saying the economic repercussions of Greece leaving the euro zone would be in his words " Lehman Bros squared "facepalm.gif
So it should be interesting to see what happens to the gold price after 10 days
Eurogroup Gives Greece 10 Day Ultimatum: Apply For Bailout Or Grexitohmy.png

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-06/eurogroup-gives-greece-10-day-ultimatum

Edited by midas

Why fight the Fed?

A professor in Berkeley University was quoted a couple weeks ago saying the economic repercussions of Greece leaving the euro zone would be in his words " Lehman Bros squared "facepalm.gif

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-06/eurogroup-gives-greece-10-day-ultimatum

An unnamed professor from an unnamed article from an unnamed link.

Why fight the Fed?

For those outside the U.S., Berkeley, California represents the absolute furthest left point of the political spectrum in this country. So when you reference an anonymous Berkeley professor, from a university is much less than renowned for offering an impartial, reasonable course of discussion, you are not helping the creditably of your argument. Edited by SpokaneAl
  • Like 1

Why fight the Fed?

Greek euro exit would be ‘Lehman Brothers squared’: economist

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/greek-euro-exit-would-be-lehman-brothers-squared-economist-2015-01-03

Edited by midas

For those outside the U.S., Berkeley, California represents the absolute furthest left point of the political spectrum in this country. So when you reference an anonymous Berkeley professor, from a university is much less than renowned for offering an impartial, reasonable course of discussion, you are not helping the creditably of your argument.

IIF's Charles Dallara says Greek exit 'somewhere between catastrophic and armageddon'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9270754/IIFs-Charles-Dallara-says-Greek-exit-somewhere-between-catastrophic-and-armageddon.html

Edited by midas

Charles Dallara is 'er the chief negotiator for the body representing private holders of Greek government debt, but I guess you mostly support him because he is a former managing director of JP Morgan.

Charles Dallara is 'er the chief negotiator for the body representing private holders of Greek government debt, but I guess you mostly support him because he is a former managing director of JP Morgan.

Greek finance minister says euro will collapse if Greece exits

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/08/us-eurozone-greece-varoufakis-idUSKBN0LC0QO20150208

Edited by midas

Greek finance minister says euro will collapse if Greece exits

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/08/us-eurozone-greece-varoufakis-idUSKBN0LC0QO20150208

The Greek finance minister is together with the Greek PM a right pair who know how to bluster and play to the populist gallery but otherwise transparently overplay their hand.

Went in to Hua Seng Heng the other day and purchased 1 Baht, had the usual wait and now days any Thai that tries to muscle past me gets the elbow, they then smile and wait their turn...and while I was waiting three Indian ladies bought just under a million baht worth of gold, then I tried to remember any time I have been in there over the last 3 years if I could recall actually seeing anyone sell any gold back, just buy.

I am sure it happens a fair bit but never seen it, just buyers, like the Chinese and Russians now.

They have kept the plates spinning for sometime, but this year looks to be really interesting.

• Like 1

Jitti Tangsithpakdi, President of Thailand's Gold Traders Association said yesterday:

"The gold price is now on a lengthy downward trend"

"Those who bought gold bullion since 2011, when the price was above 25,000 should sell when the price rebounds"

"It's difficult to see the price reaching previous highs again"

Who knows the market better, him or some random journalist?

Jitti Tangsithpakdi, President of Thailand's Gold Traders Association said yesterday:

"Those who bought gold bullion since 2011, when the price was above 25,000 should sell when the price rebounds"

Prognostication, whether the subject is the weather or the price of gold, is ultimately based on an opinion grounded on assumptions.

And we know about assumptions.

Edited by SpokaneAl

Went in to Hua Seng Heng the other day and purchased 1 Baht, had the usual wait and now days any Thai that tries to muscle past me gets the elbow, they then smile and wait their turn...and while I was waiting three Indian ladies bought just under a million baht worth of gold, then I tried to remember any time I have been in there over the last 3 years if I could recall actually seeing anyone sell any gold back, just buy.

I am sure it happens a fair bit but never seen it, just buyers, like the Chinese and Russians now.

They have kept the plates spinning for sometime, but this year looks to be really interesting.

Last 3 years average gold price:

2012: 1668

2013: 1411

2014: 1266

http://www.statista.com/statistics/268027/change-in-gold-price-since-1990/

Central Banks Buy The Second Most Gold In 50 Years: A Look At Who's Buying

http://www.gold.org/download/file/3691/GDT_Q4_2014.pdf

And if you read the article:

- Jewellery demand down 10%

- Bar and coin purchases down

- Technology purchases down to an 11 year low

- Annual outflows from gold-backed ETFs 159t

- Full year demand for gold bars and coins in China halved

- Demand for gold bars and coins by Middle Eastern ... a 23% decline on the year

- Annual production has grown for the last six years

Hardly a rosy scenario for the future of the price of gold.

- Demand for gold bars and coins by Middle Eastern ... a 23% decline on the year

" Demand for gold bars and coins by Middle Eastern ... a 23% decline on the year"

Greek Investors Buying More Gold Coins From U.K. Royal Mint

(Bloomberg) -- Greek demand for gold coins is rising as investors search for a safe haven from the country’s political turmoil, according to the U.K. Royal Mint.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-09/greek-investors-buying-more-gold-coins-from-u-k-s-royal-mint

" Demand for gold bars and coins by Middle Eastern ... a 23% decline on the year"

Greek Investors Buying More Gold Coins From U.K. Royal Mint

(Bloomberg) -- Greek demand for gold coins is rising as investors search for a safe haven from the countrys political turmoil, according to the U.K. Royal Mint.

Are you seriously suggesting that a rise in Greek demand for gold coins offsets the drop in demand for gold elsewhere? And if not, what point were you trying to make?

No doubt the president of the gold association has the best knowledge, but have you considered that he may have a benefit from steering the peoples behavior in a particular direction?