Sorry to be annoying ...Visa Question - Again!

HI all,

Right, i'll keep this brief as i can, one aussie girl and one uk lad, married, live in Australia, hitting our 40's, saved for last year (very badly) but ... have dreamt of living in Thailand for a year.

We have booked our ticket for this may15 straight to Krabi, hoping to base ourselves there for as long as our money can last.

I have noticed all the visas have changed, so i have a couple of questions, and i know the regulars must be sick of replying to these questions, so thanks in advance for any answers i may get.

We will have saved no more than $30K...and that's it .. (not a visa question) but know everything has gone up? do you think we are mad? is that enough?

Onto the forum topic, Visas.....

We'd ideally like to stay a year, if we can get work (e.g online english teaching etc ), we'll take it.....but we can last a while without. So our money goes as far as possible we want to cut down on visa runs, as we know that cuts into the budget.

It appears, that all we can get is a double entry tourist visa, meaning we have to leave the country every 60 days and we can only do that once, and can be there for 4 mths? ?. Are we likely to get renewed with another double entry? is there anyway of limiting border runs? (excluding doing a ed visa? which we haven't ruled out but that looks more expensive to me).

Sorry if this makes your eyes roll.......but any tips would help us, as there are so many websites with so much information that it does get confusing.

Also we've only booked a one way ticket? as i don't know how long the $$$ will last, will that be a problem coming with a one way ticket only?

Ok, i've waffled enough, thanks to whoever responds with any tips whatsoever.

Cheers

Regarding your double entry visa, read this thread as it pertains to extensions:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774846-double-entry-tourist-visa-extension/

Regarding will $30K Australian be enough to live on for one year: depends upon your lifestyle. That's what - roughly $800K thb or $67K/month? People live here on a lot less. (I've never been to Krabi so I can't comment on costs there....suspect it's a bit higher due to the beach locale.)

There has been to no changes for visas only visa exempt entries.

A 2 entry tourist visa can give you almost 6 months of stay. You can extend each 60 dat entry for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

Then after that 6 months you could make a trip to to Laos of another 2 entry tourist visa.

Regarding your double entry visa, read this thread as it pertains to extensions:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774846-double-entry-tourist-visa-extension/

Regarding will $30K Australian be enough to live on for one year: depends upon your lifestyle. That's what - roughly $800K thb or $67K/month? People live here on a lot less. (I've never been to Krabi so I can't comment on costs there....suspect it's a bit higher due to the beach locale.)

I agree 67,000 baht is quite a lot of money here even for 2 people. But from personal experience you will spend the most in the first 4-5 weeks trying to get yourself familiar with the life style so it's not a bad idea to stick to a budget in the time period.

You may be thinking of buying a motorbike for convenience which will save you money on baht buses and taxis etc. For that you'll need an IP (international Licence) saves paying traffic fines as they are much keener in the tourist spots.

Budget it well and you love the experience. Enjoy!