ballon d'or

meatboy

Sure its worth talking about because the best player in the world has been Ronaldo by a distance but Blatter has openly stated he, for best reasons only known to himself thinks that Neuer, the Bayern keeper should win it.

Sure its worth talking about because the best player in the world has been Ronaldo by a distance but Blatter has openly stated he, for best reasons only known to himself thinks that Neuer, the Bayern keeper should win it.

havnt seen much of bayern,mostly la liga,serie A and ligue1.

out of them perlo,tevez[till last performance] and zlatan ivan?.but i dont think any of them got a mention.

oh well napoli vs juv.in the morn.12.45am.

I could play in goal for Bayern with a team like that in front of me Neuer is a great goalkeeper but half the time doesn't need to do fekk all.

Ronaldo all day long,nobody to touch him.

Blatter is just a bell-end.

probably you haven't watched the World-Cup then....

NEUER is probably the best and smartest goalkeeper the world has ever seen, but no doubt Ronaldo is an outstanding player since years who just has the misfortune to be part of a rather mediocre national team.

so, while I would like to see NEUER win the award, I rather assume RONALDO will be the one and it is okay too...... a goalkeeper's merit will never look as spectacular as those of a forward scoring goals

• Like 1

I could play in goal for Bayern with a team like that in front of me Neuer is a great goalkeeper but half the time doesn't need to do fekk all.

NEUER is probably the best and smartest goalkeeper the world has ever seen, but no doubt Ronaldo is an outstanding player since years who just has the misfortune to be part of a rather mediocre national team.

so, while I would like to see NEUER win the award, I rather assume RONALDO will be the one and it is okay too...... a goalkeeper's merit will never look as spectacular as those of a forward scoring goals

Whether i watched the World cup is irrelevant and just further proves my point as that month he was goalkeeper for the best team in the World.I am not saying Neuer is not deserving of the title and he will probably be in the top five,it is just that Ronaldo is on a different level to anybody else and his record at Madrid (not just this year) is amazing...how many hat-tricks?

Whether i watched the World cup is irrelevant and just further proves my point as that month he was goalkeeper for the best team in the World.I am not saying Neuer is not deserving of the title and he will probably be in the top five,it is just that Ronaldo is on a different level to anybody else and his record at Madrid (not just this year) is amazing...how many hat-tricks?

admittedly NEUER didn't score as many hattricks as RONALDO did, so maybe you are right....

he's neither one thing nor t'other ronaldo is he? doesn't have the fun and joy of watching him that likes of messi and suarez have, doesn't have the arrogance and style of zlatan to pull off that "i'm the greatest" schtick. amazing athlete, brilliantly effective footballer, incredibly consistent but in the end ultimately just a bit dull really. and a preening wally with it.

• Like 2

he's neither one thing nor t'other ronaldo is he? doesn't have the fun and joy of watching him that likes of messi and suarez have, doesn't have the arrogance and style of zlatan to pull off that "i'm the greatest" schtick. amazing athlete, brilliantly effective footballer, incredibly consistent but in the end ultimately just a bit dull really. and a preening wally with it.

seems like he has been posting in the forum before this one,LOOKING FOR A D----- PARTNER.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'm with you, the award is silly because it mostly favours forwards.

They should have Four.

Having said that, I am a bit surprised to see Luis Suarez won it in 1960, I thought he was younger than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d%27Or_%281956%E2%80%932009%29

Ronaldo IS the best footballer in the world right now and that is what they were voting for...simple really.....everybody has there opinion but Ronaldo's form and scoring record is astonishing.

Well done and i congratulate him...well deserved.

Good points raised on this thread.

In particular, i would go along with categorizing in four sections because it does blatantly favor forwards.

That is why they pick the team of the year also biggrin.png

In particular, i would go along with categorizing in four sections because it does blatantly favor forwards.

and i haven't yet read one sensible explanation for david luiz being in it.

• Like 2

Keeping John Terry out of it?

Keeping John Terry out of it?

terry was there last night in his full kit regardless. loves a podium does terry.

seriously though, luiz was in the brazil defence that was totally humiliated by germany in the world cup. he didn't play particularly often for chelsea last season. so apart from a headline-grabbing £50m transfer what's he actually done in the past year? it's bizarre.

• Like 2

Ronaldo IS the best footballer in the world right now and that is what they were voting for...simple really.....everybody has there opinion but Ronaldo's form and scoring record is astonishing.

Before I ask my question I want to say that Ronaldo is a great footballer and as much as I don't like him, he ( and a few others ) did deserve to win.

To my question,

please explain how he is better than Neuer?

Before I ask my question I want to say that Ronaldo is a great footballer and as much as I don't like him, he ( and a few others ) did deserve to win.

To my question,

If he was German or played in the German league would you be asking this question?

To my question,

If he was German or played in the German league would you be asking this question?

Short answer: Yes

Quite honestly I don't really care where he plays or his nationality. I am just curious how it was determined that a field player / forward is better than a goalie. Overall I think goalies and even more, defenders, get a lot less credit than midfielders / forwards.

Basically it's comparing apples to oranges.

I'm with you, the award is silly because it mostly favours forwards.

They should have Four.

Having said that, I am a bit surprised to see Luis Suarez won it in 1960, I thought he was younger than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d%27Or_%281956%E2%80%932009%29

a bit suprised to see luis surez won it in 1960 eh.

well i saw this bloke play for spain against wales early 60's.along with gento,di stefano.

i also remember him scoring a fantastic goal from 40yds.out leaving jack kelsey in no mans land.

got to give my old butty ivor allchurch a mention who also scored a great goal in the same match.[rip]

them were he days NINIAN PARK CARDIFF 65,000 ATT.