Galaxy Note 3

Anthony5

So today I went to the Samsung service center to have my phone warranty checked.

Not sure though if service is coorect, because man are they a pain in the arse.

I went in with my phone and the box in hand. One lady is standing in the visitor area, while several others are sitting behind their desks, and asks me what's my problem.

I explain to her that I bought the phone yesterday from a shop in MBK in a sealed box and everything and ask if she can check my warranty status.

She asks if I have a receipt on which I reply that I didn't bring it, but that i purchases 1 day ago.

Without receipt we can not check she says. I tell her that the serial number should show her the status not the receipt.

She looks at the serial number and says that the phone was manufactured 17 January 2014, which is correct, so the warranty is expired.

I ask her if it isn't so that the warranty starts when the phone is sold and not when it leaves the factory a few thousand kilometers away, because the Samsung sticker with the serial number and IMEI code says 09 October 2014, and I point out to her that the phone info shows me that the firmware was installed 29 September 2014.

Again she hammers on the date of manufacturing and says warranty expired. She refuses to take place behind her desk and enter the serial in her PC, although I kindly ask her several times.

I repeat to her that the date of manufacturing can never be the date of first use, some phones may be at the dealer until 2 years after the manufacturing date, so they all lose warranty? She walks into the workshop at the back with the box and returns later saying again that she can't check the warranty date without receipt.

I take a blank paper, write on it 15/01/2015 Note 3 N9005 20.000 Baht and hand it to her with the words. look I just found the receipt. They don't think it's funny.

Again she walks to the workshop with the box and returns again with the words the warranty is expired because it has been produced 1 year ago. I point out to her that she lies because it should still have warranty left till 17/01/2015

Another of the ladies says she has to call headoffice to know the warranty status, and they can't check as long as there is no problem. So I tell her, fine I just discovered a problem with the phone, can you now tell me if I have warranty or not.

My blood veins are swelling in the mean time since this is going on now for more than 30 minutes and they simply refuse to enter the serial number in their system.

I tell the lady in not misunderstanding words, look in 2 minutes I gonna turn mad and at that point many things gone get rebuild in this office, so can you PLEASE check NOW my warranty status.

Right away she takes place behind her desk, uses the barcode scanner to scan the barcode on the box and within 30 seconds asks me to the desk and turns the PC screen towards me. She shows me that without receipt my phone has warranty until 30 April 2015. She also tells me that if I can show a valid receipt from a registered dealer the warranty is 1 year from the date of receipt.

So why they the hell do they have to refuse to check the warranty status, and make up silly stories for half an hour, as all it takes is 30 seconds to scan the barcode to answer my very simple question.

Well i know now definitely that my phone is not a knock off nor a refurbished or second hand phone, and can receive the full 1 year warranty upon showing a valid receipt.

• Like 1