Police senior sergeant major killed by racing motorcyclist

Lite Beer

No need to read whole story. As soon as you see 'son of a somebody...' you know how it'll end. These little s.hits racing their pathetic mopeds are the bane of Thai roads at night. It is pretty bad in the Thai south too.

Feel sorry for the cop and his family. All I can say is, the wrong person died!

Interesting to hear the outcome of this story.

I hope we get an update.

May Wichai Raksilp Rests in Peace.

Don't know if we hear an update, but I'm sure the boy and his parents will be punished as they deserve to be.

The days of being lenient have gone......we are experiencing a new era in Thailand.

Whatever you are smoking, I want some......................

You are becoming so naive, that it is almost funny (or depressing?)..................

Hard to say if Costas is really the Pattaya Greek or actual a Thai soldier .....

This will be the last time we will see anything about this Thai manslaughter perpetrator. We have never heard any feedback or follow up on the Ferrari Red Bull killing, dragging, and colluding to coverup perpetrator. This is Thai "handling" when it involves the child of a business military industrial elite. Just let it die out.

Are we assuming the cop was wearing a reflective safety vest when he attempted to stop the racers in the dead of night?

I almost hit traffic police numerous times when they darted in and out of the roads nabbing violators while only wearing their brown uniforms. And this was during the day.

Street racing in Aranyprathet, Thailand's main border town to Cambodia. Where were they heading to? It couldn't have been Cambodia because Cambodian customs would have refused their bikes entry as private vehicles without permission can't cross there. Anyway, I digress.

I feel for this poor senior sergeant, who was doing his job properly and tried to stop these maniacs who not only took his life away, but endangered many more innocent lives and their own (which they probably don't care about anyway).

There need to be tougher consequences for this kind of behavior - maybe the introduction of tough "anti-hoon" laws like in Australia. This type of offence should attract a minimum penalty of confiscation of the offending vehicles, which are then sold by auction, a stiff fine and jail time (min. a few months) and stringent enforcement with no possibility of bribery. Only then will these things be brought under control.

But hey who am I kidding, this is Thailand. But yeah my point is (and this relates back to my opening sentence), if Cambodian customs at Poipet are such gods and prevent you from bringing a private vehicle across for a bit of a tour even if you attempt to bribe them, why then can't the police here have similar powers? I don't think it's really that difficult.

How on earth could you ever get no possibility of bribery ? Get real .