The real 'tough guys' in Pattaya ...

MrWorldwide

No specifics - all the people concerned live right here in Pattaya - but to the young French/Arab guy and the Cambodian motosai rider who intervened in a very nasty situation near my apartment in the early hours of this morning, thank you. I sincerely hope that no-one got stabbed later on, but there is no way I was prepared to hang around and continue to put myself between a rock and a hard place - I got my woman out of there and bailed. I'll go back tomorrow afternoon to make sure A. is OK, but beyond that I'm not interested in setting foot in that venue again : the people involved need to take a good long look at themselves and decide if its really worth broken bottles and pool cues, <deleted>. Utter stupidity, especially given that you've both known one another for a considerable period of time.

Mr worldwide I remember you. You used to have the Avi of some bald guy wearing shades. I realized I read some of your posts with your new Avi but didn't know that it was you until today showing how we don't really look at a posters nick when he has a picture.

Anyway could you share more of that incident u were involved in for those of us unaware. It's good that you thanked the French Arab guy whose name you probably don't know and the Cambodian guy too. They will be logging in to read u thanking them here or maybe they are guests that is why you didn't want to or cannot mention their nicks but I am sure they know you are mrww and know you are thanking them here

Mr worldwide I remember you. You used to have the Avi of some bald guy wearing shades. I realized I read some of your posts with your new Avi but didn't know that it was you until today showing how we don't really look at a posters nick when he has a picture.

Anyway could you share more of that incident u were involved in for those of us unaware. It's good that you thanked the French Arab guy whose name you probably don't know and the Cambodian guy too. They will be logging in to read u thanking them here or maybe they are guests that is why you didn't want to or cannot mention their nicks but I am sure they know you are mrww and know you are thanking them here

Mate, I sincerely doubt that any of the people involved last night could give a flying freak about Thaivisa, usernames or avatars. If I thanked Buddha on this forum, would you take it so literally ? One of the guys in the initial fracas may well log in from time to time - I don't know and I don't particularly care - but he has some real world problems to deal with right now, the Cambodian has a family to feed and the French guy is undoubtedly keen to put this incident behind him and get on with his holiday. Reality can be a bitch.

Usernames and avatars mean absolutely nothing when you step away from the keyboard - perhaps some of us need to spend a little less time on this board, eh ?

Hardly news for Patters... Sorry you and your GF got caught up in it, but you did the right thing by leaving and not getting involved... Reminds of a time when a bar owner on soi LK Metro took a beer bottle to a long time friend, then fed him to the motocy riders outside the bar... Head down and keep walking lest you wind up the same...

Mate, I sincerely doubt that any of the people involved last night could give a flying freak about Thaivisa, usernames or avatars. If I thanked Buddha on this forum, would you take it so literally ? One of the guys in the initial fracas may well log in from time to time - I don't know and I don't particularly care - but he has some real world problems to deal with right now, the Cambodian has a family to feed and the French guy is undoubtedly keen to put this incident behind him and get on with his holiday. Reality can be a bitch.

Usernames and avatars mean absolutely nothing when you step away from the keyboard - perhaps some of us need to spend a little less time on this board, eh ?

I wonder if you did catch the sarcasm in my post. I figured you didn't at all.

I mentioned this board because you posted about them here. Now this is a board where the majority of us don't know one another in real life not to mention you were making general descriptions about some random people like this cambodian guy or that french arab guy further confusing readers. You might as well not even have started this thread. Thanking god and buddha would have been better fyi at least people know who they are rather than french arab guy.

Avatars mean something. At least when i see yours i know when to turn away.

Hardly news for Patters... Sorry you and your GF got caught up in it, but you did the right thing by leaving and not getting involved... Reminds of a time when a bar owner on soi LK Metro took a beer bottle to a long time friend, then fed him to the motocy riders outside the bar... Head down and keep walking lest you wind up the same...

why would the motorcycle riders help the bar owner.

So what was the point of posting this then?

Apart from, you know, sounding all mysterious and tough.

So what was the point of posting this then?

Apart from, you know, sounding all mysterious and tough.

I get the mysterious part, but 'tough' ? Extracted my GF from the bar and left without a scratch - Loptr caught that, others clearly didnt, so I'll have to quit while I'm behind. With the benefit of hindsight, I shouldnt have posted anything, but would you post details of the people involved or the name/exact ocation of the bar ? Seriously ? Numerous posts here about fights in Walking St with few details of the people involved beyond their nationality - suddenly I'm expected to post the background to this incident for the edification of a few strangers on an internet forum - not going to happen. This was supposed to be a thread about two selfless individuals who stepped in to save two Farang from themselves and - potentially - the Thai justice system : clearly that's a little too prosaic for some on TV.

If things did go downhill after I left, I'm sure Howard will have the full details on the PattayaOne site tonight - beyond that, I'm done.