Anyone know if air pistols ok or not?

Kenny202

Generally sold as "air soft" they are legal to own and use on your property.

DO NOT carry them off your property or in public places as many of them look realistic and you could get shot!

Conceal Carry them, out of sight, out of mind. Only use if necessary. :)

a farang can not own or carry a gun in Thailand. however I think if you have Thai. Cznship, and transport large

sums of money I think you can use one, hmmm or am I thinking about Texas. 55555 I do know that according

to Wikipedia, Thailand has more guns per capita, then the USA.

Wakypedia doesn't always get it right. If you have permanent residency you CAN own a gun in your name in Thailand as a Farang. Or just do what most other farang do and get the gun your wifes, girlfriend's, maid's name etc.

Kenny202, on 13 Jan 2015 - 06:51, said:Kenny202, on 13 Jan 2015 - 06:51, said:

My Mrs reckons a thai resident can obtain a gun license in Thailand without too much reason but it's very expensive. Does anyone know the details?

It's a lot easier to put the firearms in your wife's name even if you have permanent residency.

She must be a property owner and have at least 100k Baht in the bank and preferably run a business, but having a house full of valuable possessions will count. She must also not have a criminal record. The need to transport large sums of money is usually given.

There are two permits Bor 3 for home defense and Bor 4 which allows you to transport the firearm in your car but the firearm must be unloaded and the ammunition kept separately from the firearm. Although you can keep the ammunition in the magazine in the case of a semi-auto pistol.

Once you have a Bor 3 getting a Bor 4 is easy but you must not carry the firearm loaded or unloaded into a public area. Unless you have a carry permit which costs upwards of 2 million baht.

The license only costs a few thousand baht but as a rule of thumb shotguns cost at least double the US prices and handguns around four to five times the US prices. Any rifle above a .22LR rimfire is very difficult to get and mostly only secondhand ones are available because a ban was put on their importation after Sae Daeng took one to the head. Automatic weapons are prohibited and you must not modify your weapon to be fully automatic. Full auto is pretty useless in most circumstances anyway.

If you are thinking about buying secondhand get the firearm's registration document checked by your Ampur before you part with any cash.

Edited by ATF
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

a farang can not own or carry a gun in Thailand. however I think if you have Thai. Cznship, and transport large

sums of money I think you can use one, hmmm or am I thinking about Texas. 55555 I do know that according

to Wikipedia, Thailand has more guns per capita, then the USA.

Wakypedia doesn't always get it right. If you have permanent residency you CAN own a gun in your name in Thailand as a Farang. Or just do what most other farang do and get the gun your wifes, girlfriend's, maid's name etc.

You do not have to have PR to own a gun in Thailand as a foreigner. Owning a gun is relatively easy as long as you meet the requirements, but to get a concealed carry permit is another story. This is even difficult for a Thai to get.

Rightly so IMHO.........................wink.png

I only saw one guy at the festival selling crossbows. Doesn't mean they're legal though. Could never understand why they were legal in Queensland too. They are the most dangerous and unpredictable weapon on the earth. All about politics. You don't see people with cross bows robbing banks

Try using a weapon on dogs and especially chickens that many of the locals have a fondest for, then someone may come along and use a weapon on you.

Your OP specifies another good reason why I would hate to have a farang as a neighbor.

It is illegal for you to own one. If your neighbors see you shooting their chickens and dogs you are going to be in serious trouble, especially when they rat you out to the local cops. It is a cruel person who kills stray animals.....

Try using a weapon on dogs and especially chickens that many of the locals have a fondest for, then someone may come along and use a weapon on you.

Your OP specifies another good reason why I would hate to have a farang as a neighbor.

It is illegal for you to own one. If your neighbors see you shooting their chickens and dogs you are going to be in serious trouble, especially when they rat you out to the local cops. It is a cruel person who kills stray animals.....

Much more humane...