Go to Malaysia and back to Thailand the same day

Hello, everyone, i have question about tourist visa of Europe. Going to Malaysia by car and back the same day is possible? Because one officer at the border told me that i could stay one night in Malaysia, but another port one officer allow me back the same day but i need to pay 2500 bath not for officer but for driver who bring me with motorbike to Malaysia and turn round to Thailand so i pay 2500 baht for driver and so i dont know why i have to pay for him he just bring me to Malaysia and bring back and he stand with me during i show for officer my passport and he said nothing just stand.? thanks from advance.

There is no requirement for you to stay out of the country for any amount of time if you have valid visa with an entry remaining.

Sadao can be a problem. Other crossings are better.

I've 3 entrance visa but right now i used only 2 entrances so my visa still valid until March, and why officer told me that i can back only tommorow?

A few months back when the border-runners were targeted, there was a young German couple who were told by the guy at Sadao to stay one night in Malaysia and they would get their next visa-exempt entry the following day but DO NOT come back same day as before. They chose to come back after a few hours, were denied entry and told they now needed to get a visa in Butterworth. They ignored that as well and tried again the following day without a visa. This time they were told that the only way back to Thailand was get a visa AND use air transport ONLY to Bangkok and DO NOT attempt an entry at Sadao again.

Ornery bunch apparently but faced with people that refuse advice, who can blame them?

There is no requirement for you to stay out of the country for any amount of time if you have valid visa with an entry remaining.

I've 3 entrance visa but right now i used only 2 entrances so my visa still valid until March, and why officer told me that i can back only tommorow?

Just the wrong border crossing with bad immigration officers. At any other crossing than Sadao you would not have a problem.

Just the wrong border crossing with bad immigration officers. At any other crossing than Sadao you would not have a problem.

I just finished call to Thai Immigration office and ask about this situation, they told me that i no need pay and i can back the same day. So i was deceived. I know that at border a lot bad officers and big corrupcion, but how foreigner can fighting with them? If should be very angry for them and look that i not give up easily? If next time they tell me the same that i can back next day, but i will try to explain them that i can back the today, but they anyway not allow, what i can do then?

I just finished call to Thai Immigration office and ask about this situation, they told me that i no need pay and i can back the same day. So i was deceived. I know that at border a lot bad officers and big corrupcion, but how foreigner can fighting with them? If should be very angry for them and look that i not give up easily? If next time they tell me the same that i can back next day, but i will try to explain them that i can back the today, but they anyway not allow, what i can do then?

In my experience it is totally pointless to ask one immigration officer what rules will be applied by another immigration officer.

I have asked officers at Swampy several times about the rules being applied at Don Muang and they say each time that I am OK.

Good luck telling immigration officers anywhere that they are wrong! Better to think in terms of the "wild west".

Edited by mngmn

Whats about Padang Besar Perlis border station, there is good?

Sorry I just have to say this because it does relate to OPs post and I find it funny to this day. A friend of mine did a border run to Penang from Hua Hin and he decided to ride a moped there! he crashed twice and slept in a tent in fields. It took him 6 days in total. That is all facepalm.gif

Sorry I just have to say this because it does relate to OPs post and I find it funny to this day. A friend of mine did a border run to Penang from Hua Hin and he decided to ride a moped there! he crashed twice and slept in a tent in fields. It took him 6 days in total. That is all facepalm.gif

And whats about border he have not any problem with back the same day?

And whats about border he have not any problem with back the same day?

I am sorry I am of no help because it was a long time ago and we are no longer friends, he never spoke of any issues though, only that he crashed twice, broke a panel on the bike and was sleeping in a tent most of the time

Edited by monk213