Is Benzene available ?

thehelmsman

They are few and far between. Only one in my (not small) town and price is about 20% more than ethanol 95. The main thing you might suffer with, eventually, is hardened rings in the carb and brittle fuel lines. You could probably get those parts changed to run 95 permanently. if its injected, should be fine.

Edited by daveAustin

The bike is either 2013 or 2014, When I bought the bike the mechanic took a marker and crossed out the emblem that shows no gasohol to be used, it is next to gas tank. I laughed and said you can't do that. He made me understand benzene couldn't be found and to use gasohol 95. Seems to run OK. It does have a carb, so as one poster stated that might be an issue down the road. I'll check out the website OMEGA posted. Thanks for the replies..........

That mechanic is a goof and I will keep my bike as far away from him as possible.

1. I own a 2005 carburated Yamaha Dragstar and it happily drinks 91 gasohol. Your is only a few years old.

2. Gasohol is is 10% ethanol in fuel. Doesn't matter if it 10% in 91 or 95. If the machine is not made to run on gasohol putting a 95 gasohol in, as your mechanic suggested, won't make a difference.

3. High octane fuels are for the high performance (read high compression) engines. Using a 95 fuel in your Suzuki won't hurt it but won't benefit it in any way either. The only change you'll notice is a bit more money leaving your wallet each time you stop for fuel.

Ignore what your mechanic said and go by manufacturer recommended fuel, the one that is marked on the fuel tank. If it says 91 gasohol, that is the cheapest you can put in it. Anything else is a waste of money, unless there's no other fuels available at your fuel pump and you're running on empty to make it to the other pump.

My 2007 GS is allergic to gasohol according to Barcelona Motors... Most reliable source for 95 is PT, not PTT. Although, with a new bike I'd be flabbergasted if it could not accept it...

If I am sure my tank will be empty in 2 to 3 hours I will use gasohol every other tank. But, if I know it will be parked up for a while I make sure it has run benzine for a few clicks before I tuck it in...