Interpol puts ex-Ukraine president Yanukovych on wanted list

webfact

Interpol puts ex-Ukraine president Yanukovych on wanted list

MOSCOW (AP) — The international police agency Interpol has issued a wanted notice for former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych on charges of embezzlement.

The so-called "red notice" issued Monday is not an arrest warrant, but aimed at helping national police agencies of member countries identify suspects.

Yanukovych abandoned his post and fled to Russia last February in the wake of protests that had lasted for three months and turned increasingly violent. He later surfaced in Russia.

Ukrainian authorities allege Yanukovych and his circle were extensively corrupt, amassing great wealth at the expense of the country.

There was no official comment from Russia on whether it would extradite Yanukovych, if he is still in the country.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-01-13

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Interpol arrest warrant to be enforced by whom, and the trial to be in what country?

Looks like a few of his henchmen are on the red list too -- and maybe his son smile.png

This story is only 4 sentences long if you ignore the "byline" and yet you miss the 1st sentence that reads, "The so-called 'red notice' issued Monday is not an arrest warrant." As an aside I wonder how many "red notices" Interpol has put out on people being accused by the Thai Junta for Lèse Majesté? My SWAG - none.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Interpol arrest warrant to be enforced by whom, and the trial to be in what country?

Looks like a few of his henchmen are on the red list too -- and maybe his son smile.png

This story is only 4 sentences long if you ignore the "byline" and yet you miss the 1st sentence that reads, "The so-called 'red notice' issued Monday is not an arrest warrant." As an aside I wonder how many "red notices" Interpol has put out on people being accused by the Thai Junta for Lèse Majesté? My SWAG - none.

Read the conditions that have to be met before Interpol can issue a notice - there are colors than red. Then you won't have to wonder.

Maybe someone should suggest they look at a certain Northern Thai family of Chinese extraction who also seemed to have amassed a very large fortune whilst many family members where in public office.

• Like 1