Want to move to LOS permamently (25 years old, not a native speaker)

Lukecan

At 25 what do most young fellas have on their mind? Unless you're a Stephen Hawking you are probably thinking with your small head and not your big one. It seems to me that he's in search of totty and is using this career thing as a cover story.

As we used to say in the mob 'you need to get some time in' before you start playing with the big boys. My lad wanted to come and stay in BKK with me when he was 18. I told him OK then I would ship him upcountry after a couple of days to stay with relatives. He admitted then that he wanted to come and....well...you know, so the move never happened

I saw more than one youngster in BKK back in the day who moved here with the same intentions and ended up living with, and being supported by, a bar girl. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I would be interested to know how this pans out if he does make the move.....

He's already said he's not in it for the women, and isn't interested in Thai women.

Although I'm sure plenty here will claim he's lying.

At 25 what do most young fellas have on their mind? Unless you're a Stephen Hawking you are probably thinking with your small head and not your big one. It seems to me that he's in search of totty and is using this career thing as a cover story.

As we used to say in the mob 'you need to get some time in' before you start playing with the big boys. My lad wanted to come and stay in BKK with me when he was 18. I told him OK then I would ship him upcountry after a couple of days to stay with relatives. He admitted then that he wanted to come and....well...you know, so the move never happened

I saw more than one youngster in BKK back in the day who moved here with the same intentions and ended up living with, and being supported by, a bar girl. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

He's already said he's not in it for the women, and isn't interested in Thai women.

theres a good chance he is.

Why would anyone lie about that?

youd have to ask them

I dont get why people dont believe I'm not after Thai women.Plenty of women from the west who enjoy living in S.E.A as well, can you say they are after asian men? For every 100 farang/asian female couple, I see like 1 Asian male/farang female couple at most! These farang girls come here and they receive much less sexual compared to they homeland, yet they still like living in S.E.A.

I dont get why people dont believe I'm not after Thai women.Plenty of women from the west who enjoy living in S.E.A as well, can you say they are after asian men? For every 100 farang/asian female couple, I see like 1 Asian male/farang female couple at most! These farang girls come here and they receive much less sexual compared to they homeland, yet they still like living in S.E.A.

Get used to it. There are many here who simply refuse to believe that anyone would come to Thailand for any other reason.

I don't really understand it either.

• Like 1

Get used to it. There are many here who simply refuse to believe that anyone would come to Thailand for any other reason.

I don't really understand it either.

Lol its so funny, If I was only in it for the women I'd move to Colombia, the girls are way hotter, and I can basically stay without any hassle as you can stay 6 months on a tourist visa so I'd do a border run once every 180 days which isnt a big deal.

Lol its so funny, If I was only in it for the women I'd move to Colombia, the girls are way hotter...

You best expect some odd reactions to that sort of comment too. Some guys here believe that all men prefer Thai women for some reason. It's weird how they don't understand that different people have different tastes and motivations.

Wow. Nothing gets the old guard's adult diapers in a bunch like somebody under 50 wanting to move here and make a go of it - especially if they're not here for the women.

Ignore these bitter old fools. They just don't want to share their playground with anyone younger than them.

The amusing things, some of the "old guard" you refer to who are making comments are actually under 50 and and employed legally in various professional capacities in Thailand, so guess that kinda poo poo's the whole premise of your post, but I am beginning to see a pattern that various pikeys and other ,"hangers on" seem to have a fixation with old men ohmy.png

I would advise your bosses to spend less time drewling over the hot secretary and more time monitoring your excessive TVF habits.

So what are you after ? Thai boys ? Lady boys ?

Sorry to see so many negative posts / comments here about a legitimate question / request for info. Now, unfortunately I can not give you any advice on your plannings, but I wish you best of luck. Cudos for keeping your cool in this thread ;)

Also, it seems like your English is pretty good. I don't think you have to be a native speaker to teach ( though I'm sure it will land you a job easier ).

• Like 2

youd have to ask them

You're the one who thinks people would lie about this. But yet you can't explain why anyone would do such a thing?

people do many things i dont understand

If you have no idea why they would do it, what on earth makes you suspect they are?

Maybe he's not here for sex at all.

Sorry to see so many negative posts / comments here about a legitimate question / request for info. Now, unfortunately I can not give you any advice on your plannings, but I wish you best of luck. Cudos for keeping your cool in this thread wink.png

Also, it seems like your English is pretty good. I don't think you have to be a native speaker to teach ( though I'm sure it will land you a job easier ).

I agree. This should be a place where anyone can come and ask for advice. What a shame.

Theres a girl that I met from Tinder lying on my bed as we speak. I've had more than 20 girls from tinder,tf over to my place just by telling them we'll drink wine and watch a movie. No exchange of money has taken place in none of the of the instances. Does this mean I'm in Thailand for the girls? I've scored many girls in the UK, USA from tinder as well. I've said it over and over, its not about the girls, thats not the primary motivation. Edited by Lukecan

Theres a girl that I met from Tinder lying on my bed as we speak. I've had more than 20 girls from tinder,tf over to my place just by telling them we'll drink wine and watch a movie. No exchange of money has taken place in none of the of the instances. Does this mean I'm in Thailand for the girls? I've scored many girls in the UK, USA from tinder as well. I've said it over and over, its not about the girls, thats not the primary motivation.

I've said much the same plenty of times. Some guys here are just too dense to accept the concept, I fear.

How so? What conversation are you even talking about here?

the op's

And yet you can't say why you think he might be lying?

You're just trolling now, it seems.

like i said, folks do things that i will NEVER understand. Why, I even heard of a guy that goes to food courts and leaves his umbrella on empty tables and then wonders why people sit down at the table!! can you believe that?? I'll just never understand some people.

• Like 1

The normal route most people take is working their ass off in the west by being a corporate slave, and retiring at 50-60, then coming here when they've lost their youth. But I want to try an alternative way, and jump start my career from here, S.E.A is best enjoyed when you're young. I'd probably head to my country when I'm older, its better to be a young person here.

Hmmm, not sure I would agree with this. I thoroughly enjoyed my youth back in the USA...and made a good living while building up a secure retirement. Most of S.E.A. want to see their own citizens in key jobs, not foreigners. Sure you can probably get by and have a good time in your youth. But by the time you're ready to "head to (your) country when you're older," you're going to realize that you've pissed away your most productive years with nothing to show for it.

It's your life....good luck.

"S.E.A is best enjoyed when you're young"

How do you know this?

Corporate slave? You did say you wanted to teach in SEA.

I dont think teaching 10-15 hours a week qualifies as being a "corporate slave"

I recently had a summer internship at a well known investment bank, decided that the corporate world is definitely not my cup of tea.Too much politics going on, and a lot of people are obsessed with their career. Add to that the working environment is a tough one, I had days where I had to leave the office at 7pm, some of my colleagues worked until 10-11pm to finish the tasks given. I asked them why the hell they were sacrificing their private time without asking for overtime pay, the generic reply given was that they wont make it to a higher level If they didnt work overtime voluntarily.

They were slaves of the system, they had car payments, mortgage payments to keep up with. I'm fortunate enough not to worry about these things.

Fair enough and true. Though teaching is not what it once was in Thailand but I know there's a demand in Vietnam/Cambodia.

The same people who are accusing me of trolling are trolling themselves by derailing the thread.All I wanted was some ideas, yet 90% of the posts are about, "you're here for the girls", "who are you to fly a plane", "you're a spoiled brat","you came all the way for a girl you met on TF". I'd like to thank the 10% for inputting their ideas.

On a side note, seriously Thailand is the last place I'd come for a bird, out of the countless girls I've been with here, I couldnt establish an intellectual conversation with any of them. One of them was working as an auditor at Bank of Bangkok, she didnt know who Ben bernanke was, and didnt have a clue about the Enron scandal. They're good when your horny, and theyre sweet people, but would I marry one or date one? Hell no. Western women are despised here, but I actually like the fact that you can have deep conversations with them about life matters etc. Old timers who are chasing uneducated Isaan girls just for their looks are accusing me of being a sex tourist.I'm sorry I cant relate.

• Like 1