Want to move to LOS permamently (25 years old, not a native speaker)

Lukecan

Most don't only work in Thailand but work around the World but anything from $500 per day up to several thousand a day. Senior positions pay extremely well and it's usually all tax free.

OK, that didn't really tell me what I wanted to know as I know you guys work unusual shift patterns, 2 on, 3 off or whatever. What would be a 'normal' yearly salary?

TUrkish culture is similar to that of thai, parents help their kids out well into 30's 40's, its a nice thing, but relying on them completely is definitely not nice, a bit of help is ok.

I know a few Thai's in their 30s and it's THEM helping the parents massively (in fact some of the parents seem to REALLY take the piss IMO and call to almost demand things they want or ask outright for cash for big purchases / holidays) not the other way round.

As far as I knew that was normal and common for the kids to be helping the parents by this age and not the other way round.

In the West I think it's pretty common for parents to be still helping kids with money, mortgage, etc into the 30s. I know a bloke in his late 40s who still lives with his mum and dad and has never left the family home.

Annual yearly salaries net, ie cash in hand, dependent on position, location and a few other factors, lets band it this way, lower end USD 120k/yr anywhere to around USD 500k/yr

Parents still helping kids in west in their 30' and 40,s LOL my parents helped me this way, they helped me with paying for my studies, then kicked out the house and told me to go and get a decent paying job LOL

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Lukecan, on 16 Jan 2015 - 21:15, said:

I dont get why people dont believe he made 3k $ usd from forex trading? LOl its easily doable, but can you do it consistently? That is the real question. Most brokers offer 1 to 30-40 leverage anyway so someone with a balance of 10-20k can open a position worth 500k.

Any broker that would give you that sort of leverage is completely irresponsible or is trying to scam you because your 10-20k could get wiped out in hours.

I dont get why people dont believe he made 3k $ usd from forex trading? LOl its easily doable, but can you do it consistently? That is the real question. Most brokers offer 1 to 30-40 leverage anyway so someone with a balance of 10-20k can open a position worth 500k.

Any broker that would give you that sort of leverage is completely irresponsible or is trying to scam you because your 10-20k could get wiped out in hours.

Correct ATF, especially these days.

No broker will give this leverage. Been there. Lost a lot.

Lucky to get $500k on $500k of existing stocks today.

The market only has to dip a little and those margin calls start coming. Brokers don't give a crap about your position, they just want to cover theirs.

Anyone that understands a leverage position would not make such an uneducated statement.

• Like 2

Anyone that understands a leverage position would not make such an uneducated statement.

Lol I understand leverage enough to not lose money from it. Ive never used it, not even once. Just by running some theoretical scenairos in your head youll see how much of a danger it can be. However I accumulate decent dividend paying stocks every chance I get, made some good profit on the Turkish stock market last year, more than 50k usd in todays money to be exact, currently buying stocks in Russia. But Im not gonna only brag about my accomplishments like the TV members in this topic , I have a sizeable loss in Russia right now, but I know it will go up one day. Continuing to accumulate Sberbank,Lukoil,Gazprom, Yandex every chance I get. These companies will still be around when Putin and Obama is gona, so all these crashes are temporary. Gazprom is a dividend paying stock trading at a P.E of 3!

Lol I understand leverage enough to not lose money from it. Ive never used it, not even once. Just by running some theoretical scenairos in your head youll see how much of a danger it can be. However I accumulate decent dividend paying stocks every chance I get, made some good profit on the Turkish stock market last year, more than 50k usd in todays money to be exact, currently buying stocks in Russia. But Im not gonna only brag about my accomplishments like the TV members in this topic , I have a sizeable loss in Russia right now, but I know it will go up one day. Continuing to accumulate Sberbank,Lukoil,Gazprom, Yandex every chance I get. These companies will still be around when Putin and Obama is gona, so all these crashes are temporary. Gazprom is a dividend paying stock trading at a P.E of 3!

and yet you brag about your accomplisments!! lol. youre supposedly a student who doesnt want to take money from daddy and yet you have enough money to play the markets!! lol

• Like 2

and yet you brag about your accomplisments!! lol. youre supposedly a student who doesnt want to take money from daddy and yet you have enough money to play the markets!! lol

Dont get me wrong, its not my money. I use my dads trading account to buy stocks on his behalf. Its not my money. Of course I dont have that much money in my bank account. But he lets me use his trading account to maek purchases

Edited by Lukecan

Oh really??

If any of you had the slightest clue what you're talking about

you'd have enough knowledge to do some damage but until

then, best to avoid running your mouths

From the CMC Markets website

Leverage

FX is traded using margin, starting from 0.20% with CMC Markets, which could be referred to as 500:1 leverage. Trading on margin can be a more efficient use of your capital because you only have to provide a percentage of the overall value of your position, while maintaining full exposure to the market. In effect, you are increasing your profit and loss potential. For example, with £100 as position margin, you could enter a position that has an overall value of £40,000. Remember that increased leverage enhances losses as well as profits. Additionally, markets can move against you and losses can exceed your initial deposit due to rapid price movements

Anyway please, by all means keep the pearls of market veteran wisdom

flowing - highly amusing

• Like 1

Most don't only work in Thailand but work around the World but anything from $500 per day up to several thousand a day. Senior positions pay extremely well and it's usually all tax free.

OK, that didn't really tell me what I wanted to know as I know you guys work unusual shift patterns, 2 on, 3 off or whatever. What would be a 'normal' yearly salary?

TUrkish culture is similar to that of thai, parents help their kids out well into 30's 40's, its a nice thing, but relying on them completely is definitely not nice, a bit of help is ok.

I know a few Thai's in their 30s and it's THEM helping the parents massively (in fact some of the parents seem to REALLY take the piss IMO and call to almost demand things they want or ask outright for cash for big purchases / holidays) not the other way round.

As far as I knew that was normal and common for the kids to be helping the parents by this age and not the other way round.

In the West I think it's pretty common for parents to be still helping kids with money, mortgage, etc into the 30s. I know a bloke in his late 40s who still lives with his mum and dad and has never left the family home.

Annual yearly salaries net, ie cash in hand, dependent on position, location and a few other factors, lets band it this way, lower end USD 120k/yr anywhere to around USD 500k/yr

Parents still helping kids in west in their 30' and 40,s LOL my parents helped me this way, they helped me with paying for my studies, then kicked out the house and told me to go and get a decent paying job LOL

How does the guy in his 40's get off if he still lives at home? Does he bring women in while the parents are home and do the deed in a closed room?

Oh really??

If any of you had the slightest clue what you're talking about

you'd have enough knowledge to do some damage but until

then, best to avoid running your mouths

From the CMC Markets website

Leverage

FX is traded using margin, starting from 0.20% with CMC Markets, which could be referred to as 500:1 leverage. Trading on margin can be a more efficient use of your capital because you only have to provide a percentage of the overall value of your position, while maintaining full exposure to the market. In effect, you are increasing your profit and loss potential. For example, with £100 as position margin, you could enter a position that has an overall value of £40,000. Remember that increased leverage enhances losses as well as profits. Additionally, markets can move against you and losses can exceed your initial deposit due to rapid price movements

Anyway please, by all means keep the pearls of market veteran wisdom

flowing - highly amusing

Hillarious.

Shame you don't have any idea of what they do, but they certainly aint Pikeys.

I would certainly take their advice as opposed to yours.

• Like 1

And how many hours a month would be typical?

30:1 is totally standard. Some brokers offer up to 1000:1 leverage... http://fxbrokersearch.com/

Every FX site is covered in disclaimers saying it's volatile, not to trade more than you can afford to lose etc. Being able to lose 20k scam. I know some scalpers in Thailand, that's much lower variance.

Edited by jspill

How does the guy in his 40's get off if he still lives at home? Does he bring women in while the parents are home and do the deed in a closed room

Get off of what?

How does the guy in his 40's get off if he still lives at home? Does he bring women in while the parents are home and do the deed in a closed room

Get off of what?

On a woman he has brought home, or in the case of a 40 year old man living with his parents it could be a man :lol:

Get on a plane and head to Silicon Valley. Work for a low salary in a start-up (or 10) and stock options. That's a risk worth taking.my

My friends did that. I'm an Imperial Physics grad, they're ranked no. 2 in the world. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/11097256/Imperial-College-named-as-worlds-second-best-university.html

lmdPh3k.png

My friends are miserable.

Is that a luxury condo you're staying in? facepalm.gif

• Like 2

YeahSiam, on 18 Jan 2015 - 20:59, said:

ATF, on 18 Jan 2015 - 20:34, said:

The degree looks like a Khao San Road job.

Would that be in comparison to yours, then?

I was too busy making money although I have the equivalent of a degree in Electrical and Mechanical engineering which my company sponsored.

I bought my first house when I was 21.

I was too busy making money although I have the equivalent of a degree in Electrical and Mechanical engineering which my company sponsored.

Bit late to the party weren't you? A

five-year old could've bought property

from his pocket money in Oz 25-30 years

ago. Guess your paper round didn't pay

much back then, huh?

• Like 1

Bit late to the party weren't you? A

five-year old could've bought property

from his pocket money in Oz 25-30 years

ago. Guess your paper round didn't pay

much back then, huh?

Oz?

Oh dear, geography not your strong point.