Want to move to LOS permamently (25 years old, not a native speaker)

Lukecan

If post count is anything to go by he probably does live a more interesting life than the forum lifers on here.

Pretty happy with my "boring" life.

At least you have your little gang on here to keep you company.

and an entertainment gift that keeps on giving!

I like to think of it as doing my bit for the less fortunate. Bringing a little joy into their otherwise dull lives.

• Like 1

If post count is anything to go by he probably does live a more interesting life than the forum lifers on here.

They're very good at holding a table for me when I visit the food court

Glad to hear it. I'd hate for anything to spoil the highlight of your month.

I like to think of it as doing my bit for the less fortunate. Bringing a little joy into their otherwise dull lives.

and you do it so well , one would think it comes naturally without any sort of effort. i'm sure I will be seized with fits of mirth every time i see an umbrella again.

• Like 1

Probably even beats eating with an umbrella. ;)

There is a strong correlation between the appreciation of the THB against GBP/EUR and old gramps trolling threads on TVF

What's the difference between a computer and Lukecan ?

You've only hot to punch the information into the computer once.

Little tip for you Luccas, most of these guys are along way from being grandfathers ;)

• Like 1

Food court pikeys.

One fried rice between you?

• Like 1

There is a strong correlation between the appreciation of the THB against GBP/EUR and old gramps trolling threads on TVF

What's the difference between a computer and Lukecan ?

You've only hot to punch the information into the computer once.

Little tip for you Luccas, most of these guys are along way from being grandfathers wink.png

40-Year-OldVirginMoviePoster.jpg

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Stickman describes your "life" perfectly

5. Do you make x,xxx number of posts to Thailand discussion forums each year?

Many foreigners who have relocated to Thailand spend all their time in front of a computer screen reading (and posting) about what it's like in Thailand, when what they are really an expert on is the Thailand discussion forums they spend all their time on.

Why do some move half around the world to a country with a climate that allows you to be outside 365 days of the year, where many activities are inexpensive and where the locals are very social, only to spend much of their day staring at a computer screen?

There's so much more to life than posting to Thailand discussion forums.

Yeah lots to be happy about there, huh?

• Like 1

So just coming to the completion of your degree and wanting to bail instantly from turkey tells me you are dodging the compulsory military service.

Considering your strong desire to become a pilot I would have thought a stint in the military would be a good thing if you use is as an avenue to get into the pilots seat.

You think I'm scared of serving in the military for 6 months? Bachelor degree holders serve only 6 months, you only receive very basic training and do some basic chores and then you're discharged. Believe me it has nothing to do with evading the compulsory military service. By the way, they recently passed a law allowing you to pay instead of doing the compulsory service. If you pay 18,000 liras, you dont have to go. I'm not eligible for it right now as this bill covers people born before 1988, but there are elections 2 years later, they'll surely pass a new law which covers those born after 1990. In case the law doesnt get passed, I wont have any problems serving for 6 months, our president mr Tayyip Erdogan has done a terrific job eradicating kurdish terrorism.

• Like 1

So just coming to the completion of your degree and wanting to bail instantly from turkey tells me you are dodging the compulsory military service.

Considering your strong desire to become a pilot I would have thought a stint in the military would be a good thing if you use is as an avenue to get into the pilots seat.

You think I'm scared of serving in the military for 6 months? Bachelor degree holders serve only 6 months, you only receive very basic training and do some basic chores and then you're discharged. Believe me it has nothing to do with evading the compulsory military service. By the way, they recently passed a law allowing you to pay instead of doing the compulsory service. If you pay 18,000 liras, you dont have to go. I'm not eligible for it right now as this bill covers people born before 1988, but there are elections 2 years later, they'll surely pass a new law which covers those born after 1990. In case the law doesnt get passed, I wont have any problems serving for 6 months, our president mr Tayyip Erdogan has done a terrific job eradicating kurdish terrorism.

It would be character building Luke. You should do it.Thailand will still be here when your finished.

• Like 1

It would be character building Luke. You should do it.Thailand will still be here when your finished.

My motive of moving to Thailand has nothing to do with evading military service, there are much easier ways to do it instead of moving 10,000KM away from home. Actually I'm looking kind of forward to serving in the military for 6 months, its no biggie.

My motive of moving to Thailand has nothing to do with evading military service, there are much easier ways to do it instead of moving 10,000KM away from home. Actually I'm looking kind of forward to serving in the military for 6 months, its no biggie.

Good lad.

If you do well maybe I will take you to one of the water markets when you get back ;)

Free, no charge :D

But you can't bring any of your pikey mates. & no pilot gags.

• Like 2

What if an X person has several rental properties back home and decent dividend income from stocks, and is somewhat young? When a girl you met asks you what is your job? what are you going to answer? Since you're young it would be absurd to say you're retired. This is why having a job even if you're well off is a must.

Can't beleive the crappy 6 month fathers nearing their retrirement are still jealous. giving the young guns a hard time.

young guns my a r s e,,

youve a lot to learn boy,,

and can you explain what 6 month fathers means

Why it's the dads who only see their families 6 months of the year.

I bet they say it's because they want to make lots of money to provide for their children, yet in the same breath they're abusing the OP because his family are a lot wealthier than them and can provide for their children a lot better.

Also, I bet some of those young pikeys might be rodgering your wives/gfs when you're not here (if they're good looking enough for a young guy).

• Like 2

hey souty,

weve seen these young guns come offshore full of beens and there self importence,,, to go home like broken boys,,,lol

I have seen some with tears in theirs eyes after a week and wanting to go home to mummy

They must care for their families A LOT.