City Hall Pattaya Port clean-up tackles rat infestation

Rimmer

City Hall Pattaya Port clean-up tackles rat infestation

rat-31.jpg
PATTAYA:--Following our report on Tuesday regarding the rat infestation at the Bali Hai Port at the south end of Pattaya Beach, the local authorities have responded by cleaning the Port area and removing all refuse.

Khun Wasinpat is the head of Environmental Sanitation at Pattaya City Hall and was at the Port on Wednesday to oversee the clean-up which saw all refuse bags cleared from the rocks surrounding the Port area.

High powered water jets were also used to clean footpaths and the rocks to ensure that the rats will not return and to make sure the rats will not be back, rat poison and traps were left around the Port.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/165170/city-hall-pattaya-port-clean-up-tackles-rat-infestation/#sthash.Utkg9GzH.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-15

5 baht per tail in Chiang Mai. Never did hear how that kill worked out. I can't imagine too many tourists took time out from their holidays to beef up their pocketbooks by going on a rat kill. 500 baht for 100 rats? Including the need for gloves and

knives or whatever, I don't see that as having been lucrative even for the best of hunters. But, there it was on this forum some months back. I swear, not joking. Look it up. Perhaps Pattaya has professional ratcatchers but I suspect even they would find it difficult to put food on the table making such piddly earnings. Well, that is providing they don't put the rats on the table!

In that case they'd likely have ample nourishment for long time survival.