Why I like Suvarnabhumi Airport

gk10002000

1: It is in Thailand!

2: It means I am on vacation

3: The downstairs food court is a fun place to eat while I wait for my bus to Pattaya

4: The Sky train and rail actually connects to the airport, albeit with a little wait and transfer time

Expecting to be there in early March when this work contract finished up. Rumor has it they may extend me a month or two or give me a month or two off then bring me back for the actual flight testing. I want the vacation badly, but I will take the money first. I don't want to be in country during Songkran. Just too messy

It's a terrible airport. Restaurant selection is horrible. There is very little variety in the shopping...every shop sells the same stuff and there are many things you can't even buy there(for example batteries). the gates are way too far from Immigration. There are very few areas to sit and relax and charge your phone etc. Just a terrible, terrible airport. You obviously don't travel much if you think swampy is a good airport. Singapore has an amazing airport with every amenity you can imagine. Go to the US and got to any major airport and you will see what real service and variety is with tons and tons of different restaurants and shops.

Nice airport but put in some free wifi!

They have free wifi.....the slowest in the world.....?

Actually, I was surprised the last time I was there (December 2014):

post-33251-0-31343400-1421442949_thumb.j

Not sure if it matters, but it's free for two hours for non-TrueMove customers but longer (24 hours?) for TrueMove customers, and I logged on as a TrueMove customer. It was still free WiFi, though.

ah, now the OP did ask "Why I like Suvarnabumi". It didn't ask what I don't like. On the down side, the airport has no character. The steel and glass reminds me nothing of Thailand. I prefer an airport have architecture similar to some of the native culture, sculpture, murals, wood carvings etc. DMK had more of a Thai feeling to it. The long walks at BKK are not great. The bathrooms are way too small despite publicity and initial reports that was going to be fixed. The shopping is nutty, but all major airports seem to go that corporate route even Taipei.