Fishing in hua hin - cha am

sesdaman

Can anyone give me an update on the fishing parks in the area? I've fished a nice place in hua hin, near the elephant sanctuary, and wonder if its still going ok, and even improved. I've fished bung samran and other places, but wonder if anyones got a favourite. Thanks in advance.

Do you speak passable Thai? If not, take someone who does to a fishing bait and tackle shop to get the lowdown on where to fish...what kind of fish to expect to catch and which lures are most effective...good luck and have a great time...

for those interested in fishing in the hua hin and cha am area...... my mate has started to organise fishing matches, hopefully on a regular basis

last sunday was the first one, and 7 of us fished at greenfields. everyone caught fish, and it was great fun

there were prizes for top 3 weights, and the biggest fish

a week on sunday will be the next one. if anyone is interested, the web address for contact details etc is www.huahinfishingclub.com

tight lines cowboy.gif

I may be down in Hua Hin in feb UKJASE only for a few days though. If you have one of your fishing days on when I'm down there I'd love to join in.

i think we are doing the matches on alternate sundays Leo - keep an eye on the site, or text the organiser your email address and get put on the newsletter list

OP - i think the fishing you talk about is hua hin fishing lodge - they are still operating, although he has put the prices up

greenfields (soi 112), kowee eye (cha am), and cha am fishing park are other option in the area

Khao Yai Fishing Park, just outside Cha-am I've had fish upto 40kg there that will run up and down the lake, foods pretty good and fishing 80 baht a day when I went a few months ago, it's worth a look.

Edited by kmj
  • Like 1