TAT tells businesses to focus on quality, not worry about Russian decline

Rimmer

I have never been to Pattaya or Russia... two places I will not be traveling to anytime soon.

But, I have had the pleasure of seeing several Russian's in CM and I can say not one of them acted nicely towards anyone, thai or farang. In fact the one guy was treating his Russian gf quite terribly.
Most of the people they left in their wake, looked at them with distaste.
I thought to myself that I was being very judgmental and prejudice and then I realized I could not help it.

It's funny how that happens, they just perpetuated the Russian stereotype that I had in my head...

Edited by Nowisee
  • Like 2

Never been to Pattaya - but from what I hear its mostly sex tourists and Russian families. By 'focus more on improving their offerings for tourists in other markets' what exactly is this supposed to mean? Close up businesses serving families and open up more girl bars?

Perhaps open more Christian churches so you can do your loving there.

I have never been to Pattaya or Russia... two places I will not be traveling to anytime soon.

But, I have had the pleasure of seeing several Russian's in CM and I can say not one of them acted nicely towards anyone, thai or farang. In fact the one guy was treating his Russian gf quite terribly.

I thought to myself that I was being very judgmental and prejudice and then I realized I could not help it.

It's funny how that happens, they just perpetuated the Russian stereotype that I had in my head...

It's a good thing you speak good enough russian to know how some russian guy was treating his ( whatever or whoever)you assumed ;)

Now putting aside the stupidity, how Russians behave has very little to do with this thread.

Thousands of businesses and side kicks made a living from Russians and the number of them.

With Russians gone, these businesses can not survive because there are not enough other people to fulfil their shoes and buying power.

Restaurant serving russian food can only serve Russian food, 2 star hotel remains a 2 star hotel.

2 star hotel can not start to offer 5 star service with 2 star prices.

Never been to Pattaya - but from what I hear its mostly sex tourists and Russian families. By 'focus more on improving their offerings for tourists in other markets' what exactly is this supposed to mean? Close up businesses serving families and open up more girl bars?

Might be wise to first visit and have a clue before making or passing opinions?

Is there a problem asking a question based on the opinions of people that have been to Pattaya? Do I need to visit the place myself to be entitled to ask such a question?

Are you implying you know something that other people that go to Pattaya don't, and their opinions are clueless?

Might be wise to say something constructive otherwise keep quiet.

A person who has visited a particular place, may have information to share. Questions are certainly entertaining depending on how they are asked I suppose.

Telling another to keep quiet is not my place since I'm no longer in charge of the world.

jesus loves you but everybody else thinks you are a w anchor ;-)

I could not agree more. Add to that a many countries in Europe. Sour faced, belligerent and aggressive.

Thailand in General and Pattaya Inparticular managed very well without the Russian invasion and any gap will soon be filled.

I fact many people stopped going to Pattaya because of the sour faced, belligerent and often aggressive Bears!

Good riddance to them.

• Like 1

You can never have enough booze and girl bars. The majority of foreigners require that. SADLY !

jesus loves you but everybody else thinks you are a w anchor ;-)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who needs the Russians in Thailand anyway. Once upon a time the world talked about the "Ugly American" tourists. It didn't matter where they travelled they managed to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex behaviour.

Well let me tell you from my experience with Russian tourists in Australia and especially Thailand they are arrogant, selfish egotistical people. At least the yanks and tourists of other nationalities attempt to use basic tourist Thai, but I have yet to hear a single Russian tourist ever attempt to speak even basic tourist Thai. They go into shops and speak Russian and get upset when the Thai shop owner cannot understand them. At least use the basics like Sawasdee ka/krup or khop kun ka/krup. They refuse to join in festivals like Songkran, and get violent when they have water put on them or even the wet powder put on their face. Last year in Pattaya I witnessed an 18 year old Russian girl assault a young Thai girl who was about 12 years of age because she wet her with a water pistol. Her father then came and slapped the young girl across the face. Needless to say other Russians came and also attempted to assault the young girl, but fortunately there were more tourists of other nationalities and Thais who came to the young girls aid. The police took the Russians away, but I'm sure they would have only been given a slap on the wrist and a minimal fine. This was just 1 of many similar incidents I have witnessed by Russian tourists. Thailand is better off without them. They have ruined both Pattaya and Jomtien for everybody else. Crime rates have increased in both these areas due to the Russian mafia gradually worming their way into Thailand, the same as they have done world wide. If the Ruble is so low and Russians can longer afford to travel, that's a good thing. Keep the Russians out of Thailand until they are prepared to at the very least make an effort to be sociable, accept that things are done very differently in Thailand and use basic tourist Thai with the locals. Until then, they should not be allowed in the country.

Surely you are talking about the "Ugly Australian " tourists. It doesn't matter where they travel they manage to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex and drunken behavior. Australian men for the most part are arrogant, selfish egotistical people that can not hold their beer. Best thing to happen is their make believe dollar is going down the tank so we see less of them. An Australian lady once told me that the foulest mouthed animal in the world is the Australian male.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

The first thing one does in developing a marketing strategy is to ask yourself "What do my customers want?". So ask yourself "Why do tourist come to Pattaya? What do they want? What are they seeking?" Once you have answered those questions (and the answers should be obvious for a town with Pattaya's reputation), then feed that demand with high quality and high quantity at a reasonable price. If necessary, the local government should step in with subsidies if necessary.

Yes, 1/2 price for short time, and daily discounts for long time services!

What about a frequent visitor card, after 10 'visits' get one free!! wub.png

• Like 1

Is there a problem asking a question based on the opinions of people that have been to Pattaya? Do I need to visit the place myself to be entitled to ask such a question?

Are you implying you know something that other people that go to Pattaya don't, and their opinions are clueless?

Asking and expressing an opinion based on what somebody said is just as foolish as commenting on something you do not have a clue about.

If you want something constructive ? First visit thailand then start to post opinions on it

You may notice that many OP's on this site start by someone sharing or quoting a piece or information they have heard, and then ask a question about it. This is quite different to expressing one's own opinion on a matter. If you can't see the difference, I'm sorry but I can't help you.

And by the way, I live in Thailand, speak Thai and may even understand more about Thailand than you. Its not wise to make assumptions about things you have no clue about.

On that note, for the other people commenting on churches, that's not going to happen any time soon since I'm a devout atheist.

• Like 1

It is sad that Pattaya is being looked on as something to be proud of and in need of help. As one post says it is a place for degenerates.

Maybe no one has considered one simple thing, obviously the TAT hasn't, and is that prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

yes they need to clean up their act and forget about arrogant Russians

• Like 1

I totally agree with you about the famous obnoxious Russians. Having said that i have seen numerous nationalities who can barely speak English shouting at the Thais and of course there are many that have lived here for years and can barely count to five in Thai. Without their bar girl in tow are totally helpless. Don,t know how many helpless foreigners i have seen over the years doing what i call the LP Lonely Planet spin helplessly lost and never bother to even say thank you in Thai. But again agree the Russian mafia for some strange reason has been allowed to spread in Thailand. Happy to see them all go away.

Who needs the Russians in Thailand anyway. Once upon a time the world talked about the "Ugly American" tourists. It didn't matter where they travelled they managed to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex behaviour.

Well let me tell you from my experience with Russian tourists in Australia and especially Thailand they are arrogant, selfish egotistical people. At least the yanks and tourists of other nationalities attempt to use basic tourist Thai, but I have yet to hear a single Russian tourist ever attempt to speak even basic tourist Thai. They go into shops and speak Russian and get upset when the Thai shop owner cannot understand them. At least use the basics like Sawasdee ka/krup or khop kun ka/krup. They refuse to join in festivals like Songkran, and get violent when they have water put on them or even the wet powder put on their face. Last year in Pattaya I witnessed an 18 year old Russian girl assault a young Thai girl who was about 12 years of age because she wet her with a water pistol. Her father then came and slapped the young girl across the face. Needless to say other Russians came and also attempted to assault the young girl, but fortunately there were more tourists of other nationalities and Thais who came to the young girls aid. The police took the Russians away, but I'm sure they would have only been given a slap on the wrist and a minimal fine. This was just 1 of many similar incidents I have witnessed by Russian tourists. Thailand is better off without them. They have ruined both Pattaya and Jomtien for everybody else. Crime rates have increased in both these areas due to the Russian mafia gradually worming their way into Thailand, the same as they have done world wide. If the Ruble is so low and Russians can longer afford to travel, that's a good thing. Keep the Russians out of Thailand until they are prepared to at the very least make an effort to be sociable, accept that things are done very differently in Thailand and use basic tourist Thai with the locals. Until then, they should not be allowed in the country.

• Like 1

The first thing one does in developing a marketing strategy is to ask yourself "What do my customers want?". So ask yourself "Why do tourist come to Pattaya? What do they want? What are they seeking?" Once you have answered those questions (and the answers should be obvious for a town with Pattaya's reputation), then feed that demand with high quality and high quantity at a reasonable price. If necessary, the local government could step in with subsidies (or perhaps offer free samples).

most tourists come to pattaya for sex and crime,

so please kick out the TRP

and offer free sex on all public places;

The first thing one does in developing a marketing strategy is to ask yourself "What do my customers want?". So ask yourself "Why do tourist come to Pattaya? What do they want? What are they seeking?" Once you have answered those questions (and the answers should be obvious for a town with Pattaya's reputation), then feed that demand with high quality and high quantity at a reasonable price. If necessary, the local government could step in with subsidies (or perhaps offer free samples).

most tourists come to pattaya for sex and crime,

so please kick out the TRP

and offer free sex on all public places;

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Surely you are talking about the "Ugly Australian " tourists. It doesn't matter where they travel they manage to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex and drunken behavior. Australian men for the most part are arrogant, selfish egotistical people that can not hold their beer. Best thing to happen is their make believe dollar is going down the tank so we see less of them. An Australian lady once told me that the foulest mouthed animal in the world is the Australian male.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I've met many Australian women, in fact I married two of them (no, not at the same time!)

However, I have yet to meet an Australian lady.....seems like an oxymoron to me.

• Like 1

"...stop focusing on stats and focus more on improving their offerings for tourists..."

Isn't that what TAT should be doing?

whistling.gif

A decline in Russian tourists, is good news for Thai people,...as rude, cruel, arrogant Russians have had a very negative effect upon the easy-going happiness of Thai people. I don't agree much with Gen Prayuth,...but I do agree with him, that Thailand needs more considerate, vibrationally expansive tourists,...not the contractive types that are nearly the whole of Russian tourism.

• Like 1

Free samples are of no value unless in the capable hands of an expert, so please let me offer my services and let you know I stand tall and ready to make a complete and thorough examination of the situation.

At the end of the day (or very long night) customer satisfaction is a function of the provider whose responsibility it is to solve the equation (Need) + (Wants) = (Customer Satisfaction)

I volunteer ... No! Insist !! that I fill the breach and take on this assignment.

Trust me Sir, I will be most thorough and examine each provider from every possible angle, top to bottom, inside and out, front to back and side to side. No square centimeter will remain untouched and no pleasure providing opportunity will go unexplored ... for our quest for ultimate Tourist satisfaction must be insured!

Yes, it will take a long time, and the hours long and exhausting. It may take years to produce the perfect report that has the required survey population to ensure accurate results, but this is for the Glory of Thailand, and I will not rest until the task is complete!

Please be advised that all participants in the satisfaction Survey must not exceed 60 Kilos, and those a recent (negative) STD results report from a respected hospital will get special attention and be first in line.

So, I am packing my bag and on my way! Please send a car to pick me up at the airport and the address of the 5 Star Hotel (Beach front only) you will be putting me in.

Onward and upward !!!

Sorry for misspe, lling you as "Thaiequity"

Anyway, I'm Farang in Pattaya, my gf is from Issan. We both fulfill your requirements.

Feel free to PM me for details.

Good advice. But guys do you know the definition of quality? What is quality for some is only the dregs for others. It comes down to perceptions by individuals of value for your money. So called "quality tourists" (eg mainland Chinese, Russians), really aren't. In the long run they cost more than what they are worth.

Sure it is. Russian is in the title. I don't have to speak russian to know that. laugh.png

Regarding your reply and putting aside the stupidity... those business put all their eggs in one basket. Poor business model and I cry not one tear for them. Only the strong and smart survive.

It's a good thing you speak good enough russian to know how some russian guy was treating his ( whatever or whoever)you assumed wink.png

Now putting aside the stupidity, how Russians behave has very little to do with this thread.

Thousands of businesses and side kicks made a living from Russians and the number of them.

With Russians gone, these businesses can not survive because there are not enough other people to fulfil their shoes and buying power.

Restaurant serving russian food can only serve Russian food, 2 star hotel remains a 2 star hotel.

2 star hotel can not start to offer 5 star service with 2 star prices.
Edited by Nowisee

You may notice that many OP's on this site start by someone sharing or quoting a piece or information they have heard, and then ask a question about it. This is quite different to expressing one's own opinion on a matter. If you can't see the difference, I'm sorry but I can't help you.

And by the way, I live in Thailand, speak Thai and may even understand more about Thailand than you. Its not wise to make assumptions about things you have no clue about.

On that note, for the other people commenting on churches, that's not going to happen any time soon since I'm a devout atheist.

And those who quote information they have heard from someone else appear to be fools. Whats your point?blink.png

Yes i am sure you live in Thailand and speak Thai, try a different tune for a change, this one is getting old and tiredrolleyes.gif