TAT tells businesses to focus on quality, not worry about Russian decline

Rimmer

TAT tells businesses to focus on quality, not worry about Russian decline

PATTAYA:--With the number of Russian visitors to Pattaya continuing to fall, tourism officials are telling local businesses to stop focusing on stats and focus more on improving their offerings for tourists in other markets.

After two months of 20-percent-plus declines in the number of Russian arrivals in Thailand, it’s become apparent that Pattaya cannot depend on the ruble to power its high season this year. The Russian currency has fallen more than 50 percent in the past year versus the dollar, sapping any ability of most Russians to travel overseas.

Sanphet Suphabuansathien, president of the Thai Hotels Association Eastern Region, estimated Russians last year held a 30 percent share of Pattaya’s tourist market.

The impact on Pattaya has been profound.

Russian arrivals in Thailand fell 4.9 percent from January - November last year - the most recent statistics that are available - with 1.4 million visitors coming to the kingdom. That’s down only about 90,000 from the same period in 2013, but December’s numbers are expected to see that gap grow.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/tat-tells-businesses-to-focus-on-quality-not-worry-about-russian-decline-44312#sthash.mvpl1Fww.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-01-16 footer_n.gif

The first thing one does in developing a marketing strategy is to ask yourself "What do my customers want?". So ask yourself "Why do tourist come to Pattaya? What do they want? What are they seeking?" Once you have answered those questions (and the answers should be obvious for a town with Pattaya's reputation), then feed that demand with high quality and high quantity at a reasonable price. If necessary, the local government should step in with subsidies if necessary.

Yes, 1/2 price for short time, and daily discounts for long time services!

is true the deck chairs are gone ,south France deck deck chair for family 4 320 euros meal on the beach if your lucky 160 euros ,you could say about 500 euros day week holiday ,just for sitting on the beach 3500 euros 140,000 bt , cheaper to fly to thailand ,sit on the beach , deck chair all day ,lunch ,few beers ,coffee ,maybe 1000bt for the family ,i enjoy the deck chairs ,sea aint so good ,go to one islands sea is crystal clear ,nice ,Russians best they stay in Russia ,never seen Russian 15 years ago

• Like 1

The first thing one does in developing a marketing strategy is to ask yourself "What do my customers want?". So ask yourself "Why do tourist come to Pattaya? What do they want? What are they seeking?" Once you have answered those questions (and the answers should be obvious for a town with Pattaya's reputation), then feed that demand with high quality and high quantity at a reasonable price. If necessary, the local government could step in with subsidies (or perhaps offer free samples).

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3-clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0Jv9FQa1Mthumbsup.gif

But seriously it´s more like what can I give them that I want to supply that cost nothing and I can charge exorbitant prices for? (including the bars...)

• Like 1

Of course focus on the quality of service that you offer that is the way to get repeat customers and if you do a good service people will tell their friends at the end of the day its all got to do with quality which is a thing that is sadly missing from many Thailand establishments.

• Like 2

The first thing one does in developing a marketing strategy is to ask yourself "What do my customers want?". So ask yourself "Why do tourist come to Pattaya? What do they want? What are they seeking?" Once you have answered those questions (and the answers should be obvious for a town with Pattaya's reputation), then feed that demand with high quality and high quantity at a reasonable price. If necessary, the local government could step in with subsidies (or perhaps offer free samples).

Free samples are of no value unless in the capable hands of an expert, so please let me offer my services and let you know I stand tall and ready to make a complete and thorough examination of the situation.

At the end of the day (or very long night) customer satisfaction is a function of the provider whose responsibility it is to solve the equation (Need) + (Wants) = (Customer Satisfaction)

I volunteer ... No! Insist !! that I fill the breach and take on this assignment.

Trust me Sir, I will be most thorough and examine each provider from every possible angle, top to bottom, inside and out, front to back and side to side. No square centimeter will remain untouched and no pleasure providing opportunity will go unexplored ... for our quest for ultimate Tourist satisfaction must be insured!

Yes, it will take a long time, and the hours long and exhausting. It may take years to produce the perfect report that has the required survey population to ensure accurate results, but this is for the Glory of Thailand, and I will not rest until the task is complete!

Please be advised that all participants in the satisfaction Survey must not exceed 60 Kilos, and those a recent (negative) STD results report from a respected hospital will get special attention and be first in line.

So, I am packing my bag and on my way! Please send a car to pick me up at the airport and the address of the 5 Star Hotel (Beach front only) you will be putting me in.

Onward and upward !!!

Edited by Guest

A poor quality of service is usually provided to a poor quality customer, who won’t care less it’s just a bed to crash out for the night.

Please re read this when you sober up, for no one could possibly type something this naive and actually mean it.

I imagine the resorts and such are fine, but once step out the door and into public is where Thailand is lacking. Garbage (and lack of trash cans), obstacle courses for sidewalk, prevalent attitude of "how much can I get off this fool?", corrupt officials at every level, panic when in traffic with total lack of enforcement (excepting payoffs).... Fix the infrastructure and attitudes, perhaps then Thailand could play catch up in attracting quality tourists..

• Like 2

A poor quality of service is usually provided to a poor quality customer, who won’t care less it’s just a bed to crash out for the night.

Please re read this when you sober up, for no one could possibly type something this naive and actually mean it.

After 4 years of thailand I can't remember a place with a great customer care. Most of the time they don't care if you had what you expected or are satisfied.

Jim Walker meant to say that for every lost customer there are new one to come, that's what they are used too, but when there's a shortage of tourists customer care and quality can make a big difference in a business revenue.

• Like 1

A poor quality of service is usually provided to a poor quality customer, who wont care less its just a bed to crash out for the night.

Ohh mighty one , do tell what was naive about his post?

Or are you one of those quality people who seeks the cheapest but expects the best ?

Books into cheapest room in 2 star hotel but demands 5 star service and experience?

• Like 2

When you, ( TAT ), can't get even Russians to visit a male Disneyland like Pattaya, loaded with ready/available/affordable women. booze, lax law enforcement, then you, TAT, should just quit !

giggle.gif A good percentage of the Ruskies were women, ol boy. The Russians had no problem finding the booze for sure.blink.png

• Like 1

Never been to Pattaya - but from what I hear its mostly sex tourists and Russian families. By 'focus more on improving their offerings for tourists in other markets' what exactly is this supposed to mean? Close up businesses serving families and open up more girl bars?

Might be wise to first visit and have a clue before making or passing opinions?

• Like 2

It's not just Pattaya, it is Phuket as well and it's not just Russians it's all tourists. Sure, there is a definite decline, but the quality of tourist has changed as well. Tourists from all countries are not spending money like they use to 2, 3, 5 or even 10 years ago. We are seeing more families on a budget and the single cheap charlies who just can't or don't want to spend even when you do offer good service with a smile. So when you focus on quality of tourist and not on quantity, you still need those tourists to spend money. TAT really need to learn about business and what is happening before giving bullshit advice to people who are actually involved in business.

Edited by Phuketboy
  • Like 1

Never been to Pattaya - but from what I hear its mostly sex tourists and Russian families. By 'focus more on improving their offerings for tourists in other markets' what exactly is this supposed to mean? Close up businesses serving families and open up more girl bars?

Is there a problem asking a question based on the opinions of people that have been to Pattaya? Do I need to visit the place myself to be entitled to ask such a question?

Are you implying you know something that other people that go to Pattaya don't, and their opinions are clueless?

Might be wise to say something constructive otherwise keep quiet.

Is there a problem asking a question based on the opinions of people that have been to Pattaya? Do I need to visit the place myself to be entitled to ask such a question?

Are you implying you know something that other people that go to Pattaya don't, and their opinions are clueless?

Might be wise to say something constructive otherwise keep quiet.

Asking and expressing an opinion based on what somebody said is just as foolish as commenting on something you do not have a clue about.

If you want something constructive ? First visit thailand then start to post opinions on it

• Like 1