Smartphone app allows you to rate Bangkok taxis

Jonathan Fairfield

"The new smartphone app will aim to assess the level of service provided and gauge whether taxis are refusing service, especially to Thai passengers at Suvarnabhumi airport."

Will it gauge if they are refusing to switch on the meter and charge 500 baht for a 250 baht journey?

Why especially Thai passengers?

I must be the only person who likes the taxi's in BKK then...... Sure they don't always wanna take you where you wanna go, they are sometimes noisy and dangerous and the drivers may or may not often fail a pee test but of the flip side they are cheap as hell and provide a nice aircon'd break from sweating. Likely they won't get an excellent from me but certainly a very good.

• Like 1

I must be the only person who likes the taxi's in BKK then...... Sure they don't always wanna take you where you wanna go, they are sometimes noisy and dangerous and the drivers may or may not often fail a pee test but of the flip side they are cheap as hell and provide a nice aircon'd break from sweating. Likely they won't get an excellent from me but certainly a very good.

Most of the time they're fine by me.

Late at night in town can be a pain, but just walk for a bit away from bars and they tend to be more willing to use the meter.

just wait for the taxi scum to start smashing up passengers phones when we use technology to prove they are theiving rapist vermin who shopuldnt be allowed on the road, let alone to interact with the public.

name & shame means nothing to these people, loss of fakeface is everything (apart from money, ethyl alcohol & sexual abuse)

agree,i never have problem with taxi in bangkok yet.

Girlfriend got in a taxi today, driver asked where she is going and after she replied he said no. He then proceeding to drive away while she was still getting out of the taxi. One foot out, one foot in and he's driving away rather than take her on a short journey in an area with no traffic.

How would you rate that driver ?

One of the reasons why I use Uber for any drive of more than five minutes.

You rate a driver that is: they don't always wanna take you where you wanna go, they are sometimes noisy and dangerous and the drivers may or may not often fail a pee test

"very good"

I'm Amazed !! What would a driver have to do to get a poor rating from you?

You rate a driver that is: they don't always wanna take you where you wanna go, they are sometimes noisy and dangerous and the drivers may or may not often fail a pee test

"very good"

I'm Amazed !! What would a driver have to do to get a poor rating from you?

It says " Allows you to rate Bangkok taxis" I take this to mean the WHOLE experience, not any one part of it like you have mentioned.