Making Kids Scared Of Traffic

Neeranam

My 3 1/2 yr old does not seem to be afraid of cars, which is causing me great concern.

No matter how much I warn her she doesn't seem to know how serious it is.

I was thinking of getting some pics on the internet of accident victims and showing them to her - is this a good idea, or would it give he nightmares?

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers

N :o N

Photos of human accident victims may give nightmares. But along those same lines, I used roadkill with my kids. I showed them dead dogs or cats or rats or even snakes that we came across on the road and told them that those animals ran out on to the street without stopping to check for cars first and got smushed. And that if they (my kids) did that, that the cars might not be able to stop for them either and then they'd end up looking like that on the street, too. I realize this probably goes against all the "experts" but it worked and the kids didn't get all creeped out by seeing dead people.

Same same but different :o

Good luck.

Cheers,

TT

Being scared yourself and showing it, make a little theater works a treat.

Where i live there is only a little bit traffic. But if our children are close to a car we make a little drama scene. Seeing me or my wife very scared makes them scared to. When they are very young that is working very good.