Noise pollution soi 5 Jomtien

Awohalitsiktoli

The neighbours and I have phoned the 1337 Pattaya City complaint line over a hundred times about a nusiance!

I think that you should call 1111 and complain about both the noise and the fact that multiple calls to 1337 have had no effect.

Otherwise get a Thai lawyer to draft a letter that you can post to various complaint centres (City Hall, Police, NCPO), detailing the number of complaints you have made. This should only cost a few hundred Baht.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The neighbours and I have phoned the 1337 Pattaya City complaint line over a hundred times about a nusiance!

My well connected Thai landlord won't complain about the nearby karaoke (owned by police) that disturbs us all night till 6AM.

Usually, just 2 or 3 drunks screaming into a thousand watt speaker. No walls!! The karaoke is open air!!

50% of his renters have moved out.

The landlord fears his family could be in danger if he complains.

Unfortunately, the Fifth Jomtien (Residence) on soi 5 in Jomtien just started up with the horrible outdoor noise/music again. Unbelievable! It is hard to imagine that most of the guests at that hotel want to be subjecting to noise pollution every evening (starting now around 6:00 pm). I think the only thing that will happen is the hotel's reputation will continue to decline.

I sympathise but all you can do is keep calling 1337 and 1111 to complain. Or perhaps engage a Thai lawyer to write some letters of complaint.

All loud music should be totally banned outside of specific entertainment areas.

I suppose you are right. What baffles me most is that the noisy-maker (i.e. Fifth Jomtien Residence on soi 5) is right next to a major, very large hotel--it is, in fact, surrounded by hotels and condos. It is amazing that the owners of those establishments do not complain about the horrible noise/music to the manager of the Fifth Jomtien Residence hotel. Maybe they did and he ignored him. It is almost certain that the manager has a screw lose. He apparentlly thinks that the terrible karaoke music coming from two horrible Thai "singers" is good and that his hotel guests (who mistakenly thought that they were checking in to a "quiet hotel") want to be blasted with it for 4-5 hours each evening. I can assure you, the music is vomit inducing! Think Pat Boon and Doris Day on a very bad day. It is really a shame that this is happening because I have never seen Jomtien as quiet as it has been over the past two months. Now, one hotel is destroying that relative peace and quiet and does not care at all that people in the neighborhood do not want to hear it.

I sympathise but all you can do is keep calling 1337 and 1111 to complain. Or perhaps engage a Thai lawyer to write some letters of complaint.

All loud music should be totally banned outside of specific entertainment areas.

Thanks, but it is not just me. There are hundreds of people who are being affected negatively by the noise pollution/music coming from the Fifth Jomtien Residence hotel on soi 5 in Jomtien. The manager has posted this (in case you think I am making this up):

Fifth Jomtien invites you to join winter entertainment with "Notes in the Park", every Monday to Saturday. Let's chill out in aromatic atmosphere with fine dining and live music, and be the star in "Karaoke Night", every Sunday at Hungry Restaurant. Starts for 14 Nov 2015 - 15 Feb 2016, 19.30 pm-23.00 pm.

So, the manager is obviously proud of what he is doing (but what in the world does he mean by "aromatic"). Each and every night the guests in his hotel and people in the surrounding neighborhood have to listen to this crap. I have seen some complaints online about the noise/music coming from this hotel. I wonder how many guests have complained. Can you imagine checking in to this hotel (which is not cheap in terms of money) and being forced to hear the worst karaoke music on planet earth no matter where you go to try to escape it?

At least we know when it will stop. Maybe if a lot of people posted negative comments online (e.g. google reviews) about this hotel, the manager might do it once per week instead of each and every night for the next two months.

I wonder if this particular area is the worst in Pattaya-Jomtien in terms of noise pollution.

Thanks, but it is not just me. There are hundreds of people who are being affected negatively by the noise pollution/music coming from the Fifth Jomtien Residence hotel on soi 5 in Jomtien.

I believe you. I was using "you" in the general sense rather than just you in particular. Get together with other concerned parties and have a lawyer send out joint letters.

I wonder if this particular area is the worst in Pattaya-Jomtien in terms of noise pollution.

Rompho was awful last year but seems to have quietened down this year. Jomtien Complex was also very loud but seems better now. The area around the Beach Road night market is very loud, what with the stage in the market and also the boom-boom trucks parked on the beach-front there and down near View Talay 8.

Jomtien is becoming worse for noise pollution. I complain regularly to City Hall and the Bangkok 1111 number, but nothing is done. I live close to the beach, and the thumping bass from the pick-ups parked along beach road at night is annoying, to say the least.

I agree about the music from the beach road market. Can you imagine having to listen to that after having bought one of those new condos nearby ? The market wasn't there when the condo development started. And you have to feel sorry for the people who have condos in Casa and Panchalae. Their property values must have dropped considerably.

Maybe an online petition about noise pollution would concentrate City Hall's collective minds, but it is unlikely that there would be enough support for it, or that City hall would do anything anyway.

I put a complaint on the 5th Jomtien FaceBook page, and got this response :

11391178_1185244884822632_80213969387023
Fifth Jomtien The Residence Pattaya The hotel truly regrets and apologizes to nieghbours and all guests. We have just hired the new music band starting from this week and just for only hi season, form 19.00 pm to 22.00 pm, as requested by our customers. We promise that we will solve this problem by keeping the volume down. Thank you for all comments ans review. Social responsiblity is one of our goal of acheivement and we will always put all possible efforts to reach it.

Best Regards
Hotel Management.

Fifth Jomtien The Residence Pattaya The hotel truly regrets and apologizes to nieghbours and all guests. We have just hired the new music band starting from this week and just for only hi season, form 19.00 pm to 22.00 pm, as requested by our customers. We promise that we will solve this problem by keeping the volume down. Thank you for all comments ans review. Social responsiblity is one of our goal of acheivement and we will always put all possible efforts to reach it.

Best Regards

Hotel Management.

as requested by our customers.

Amazing, i like to relax at a hotel, not hear a band playing loud music.

what a crap hotel.

Best Regards

Hotel Management.

Wow........THANK YOU so much Tony M. Now, if the manager would only consider doing it one time per week :) I am sure now that the manager received complaints, not only from guests at the hotel who checked in to relax and not be subjected to loud music, but also from people in the surrounding area (there are other hotels and condos in the area). I started this post not only to complain, but also to probe into what I think is one of the worst problems in Pattaya-Jomtien: noise pollution. It is surely beneficial for people who are thinking about visiting here, or maybe purchasing a condo, to know which hotels/condos/areas to avoid because of noise pollution. I hope the noise pollution at the Fifth Jomtien hotel stops. From the response, it appears as though the manager is a reasonable person who will address the issue. It is great that we still have good people like Tony M. who are willing to take positive action to address a challenge rather than run away from it. Thanks again!

I will be polite this time >>It is great that we still have good people like Tony M. who are willing to take positive action to address a challenge rather than run away from it. Thanks again!<<........My understanding is that you are renting ,and not an owner ? I can only say if i was in that position ,and the noise had been going on close to a year ,i would move .Jomtien has changed a lot since i lived there .(2002 till 2010 ).The block i stayed in Jomtien Beach Condominium (near soi 10 ) was dead quiet at night .I later moved to Park lane .My unit facing the road got the noise of music from a bar across the street .Most nights from 8 pm till up to 1 am .This is soi Wat Boon .

For anyone thinking of buying or renting long term in Jomtien i would advise staying in a Hotel first to check out noise levels of where you intend to stay .Better yet head down to Na Jomtien or Ban Sare for some peace and quiet.

The noise coming from the Fifth is nothing compared to that coming from Jomtien Complex. And the noise that I can hear late at night is actually coming from some new outdoor karaoke in the middle of Rompho Market.

Your noise is minimal compared to both of those, particularly the Rompho one which can only be described as nauseating.

Seems like the appalling Rompho karaoke has started up again after being inactive for several months. They are still at it now (past 2am).

The noise coming from the Fifth is nothing compared to that coming from Jomtien Complex. And the noise that I can hear late at night is actually coming from some new outdoor karaoke in the middle of Rompho Market.

Your noise is minimal compared to both of those, particularly the Rompho one which can only be described as nauseating.

Seems like the appalling Rompho karaoke has started up again after being inactive for several months. They are still at it now (past 2am).

I would think living anywhere near Rhompo market would be a nightmare, seems every night one bar or another has a party with ear splitting music

I would think living anywhere near Rhompo market would be a nightmare, seems every night one bar or another has a party with ear splitting music

I'm a long way away and cant hear normal bar music from there at all, but for some reason that Karaoke sound seems to travel miles. The one I can hear is (or was last year) the open-air thing in the central section. I suspect that it only gets set up for high season.

Bizarrely last night's noise started at around 1.45 and then stopped on its own around 2.15 I've no idea what that was all about. Maybe someone complained and the police actually went and stopped it?

I'm a long way away and cant hear normal bar music from there at all, but for some reason that Karaoke sound seems to travel miles. The one I can hear is (or was last year) the open-air thing in the central section. I suspect that it only gets set up for high season.

Bizarrely last night's noise started at around 1.45 and then stopped on its own around 2.15 I've no idea what that was all about. Maybe someone complained and the police actually went and stopped it?

I feel your pain. For some reason, I never hear the noise pollution at Rhompol Market. I have seen the police patrolling in a truck at around after midnight with their lights flashing. I think that is some signal to bar owners to knock the music off. If enough people complain, the police might do something. And if we all hold hands a wish that pigs could fly, pigs just might fly. The noise pollution at the Fifth Jomtien Residence dropped dramatically, but it seems like the volume is getting louder and louder again.

Someone was setting fireworks off last night about 3 am at the beach soi 5 Pratumnak, no sense at all, or thought for other people

That is interesting........the part about "no sense at all, or thought for other people." It sure seems that way, but I wonder how much the thoughtlessness is part of some cultural difference. Thais seem to dislike silence. It seems to bother them. And they do not get as upset about noise pollution as Westerners (mai pen rai). The manager at the Fifth Jomtien Residence obviously believes that his guests (Thai, other Asians and Westerners) love to hear loud and annoying karaoke during the evenings, each and every night. I am certain, from reading negative reviews about the hotel, that is not the case, at least for most Westerners. But he can only think like a Thai. I wonder how much of this noise pollution would be tolerated in Singapore.

Archived