Shocker ! ! ! Andrew Drummond Leaving Thailand

Gonzo the Face

Yes smart people with an opinion are unwanted here...

He mightn't be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would dearly love to know how Tim Ward has maintained a current visa for so many years while others have been shown the door. As for opinions, he's never short in that department - I could only shake my head when one of my Thai associates told me her brother thinks he's 'cool' after his tirade at the Pattaya cop shop.

418326_2759626911356_1278283072_32297974

Dancing with wolves?

As an aside, did you get your nick from Chris Brown's song "International Love?" They should have had a few Thai women in the mix.. Imitation is the sincerest form of flatterywai2.gif

Yes, he was a brave soldier and I am sad to see him leave.

But he was just a blogger and not an investigative journalist. He got many facts wrong for most of the articles that I was interested in reading. That lost him a lot of credibility - it's a pitty he did not posses professional skills. I do believe he stepped on some toes and that's good he did. Hope his work and risk taking will benefit in some way.

I don't know where you get your spurious 'info' from but he was a frequently published Journalist in the UK dailies (more often his stories on the more nefarious side of life here would appear in the Mail, Mirror etc). Far more than a 'just a blogger' I'd say. (I think he may even have been Thailand correspondent for The (London) Times for a while.

Shame the thugs protecting the scum he exposed got to him really.

He was very good at exposing the faux 'rotarian' types as out and out liars, cheats. scammers, sexual deviants and villains, trying to pass themselves off as pillars of the community in Thailand.

I bet a few of those iffy expats are breathing a little easier at this news now...Thailand will be a worse place for his absence.

Let's put it this way .... some of those guys he attacked are pretty well known .... and they deserved to be exposed. He scratched the surface, yes. But in detail he was lacking hard evidence (in the cases that I followed). He could have been much more careful.

He acted emotionally .... he got names and facts wrong because he got carried away .... and he never corected them - not even on his blog.

Still, he was a good guy ... just not that good of a journalist.

Just my 2 Cents.

Edited by faxx
  • Like 2

Dancing with wolves?

As an aside, did you get your nick from Chris Brown's song "International Love?" They should have had a few Thai women in the mix.. Imitation is the sincerest form of flatterywai2.gif

Nope - its from Cuban rapper Pitbull aka MrWorldwide.

No particular affinity for either rap or Cuban men, but I admire the fact that he continues to do well despite the haters. I didnt take 'chuckwoww' out of respect

for a board member on another forum, so MrWW it is.

Edited by MrWorldwide

Dancing with wolves?

As an aside, did you get your nick from Chris Brown's song "International Love?" They should have had a few Thai women in the mix.. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery:wai2:

Nope - its from Cuban rapper Pitbull aka MrWorldwide.

No particular affinity for either rap or Cuban men, but I admire the fact that he continues to do well despite the haters. I didnt take 'chuckwoww' out of respect

for a board member on another forum, so MrWW it is.

You should have gotten your nick name from vybz kartel of reggae dancehall then you would be world boss.