Shocker ! ! ! Andrew Drummond Leaving Thailand

Gonzo the Face

Yes, he was a brave soldier and I am sad to see him leave.

But he was just a blogger and not an investigative journalist. He got many facts wrong for most of the articles that I was interested in reading. That lost him a lot of credibility - it's a pity he did not posses professional skills. I do believe he stepped on some toes and that's good he did. Hope his work and risk taking will benefit in some way.

His spelling and syntax was terrible, an error in just about every 'post'

• Like 1

But he was just a blogger and not an investigative journalist. He got many facts wrong for most of the articles that I was interested in reading. That lost him a lot of credibility - it's a pity he did not posses professional skills. I do believe he stepped on some toes and that's good he did. Hope his work and risk taking will benefit in some way.

His spelling and syntax was terrible, an error in just about every 'post'

In general, you have a decent point, as does faxx, but it doesn't take away from the good he did, at minimum, he damn sure stirred the pot, pardon the syntax..giggle.gif

He seems like the type of guy that will not be stopped unless murdered, a real dogmatic investigator, not the world's greatest speller, when he finally realized it, he dutifully took the high road, can anyone really blame him?

Signed,

It's not a pianofacepalm.gif

Which one are you? Dumb or Dumber? He has been an investigative journalist for many years for UK newspapers and TV.

You just lost any credibility here

Ya, that's the sound of common sense talking..

Signed,

What Marie Antoinette said, that pissed off a lot of folks in low places..

• Like 1

I think Drummond did good work, but some of it ended up as petty personal disputes along the lines of galt/stickman and that did not come over as very professional. Also he promoted himself as a sensationalist journalist, yet wanted to be looked on seriously. He recently 'exposed' this site as having links with some go go bars and tended to have a vindictive streak along with sometimes not checking his facts properly on his targets. He had many good points and was certainly courageous, but I think the fact that he got banned from about every Thai forum says something about his ability to get on with people. I would say he was basically a good bloke but with a few serious flaws.

I wish him good luck, he will need it in freezing UK!

Edited by dragonfly94
  • Like 1

Wish him well, he looks to have a lovely trio of kids who deserve better than growing up in a corrupt

3rd world $h!thole....

Yeah, Thailand is that and a whole lot more.

Drummond and his family are going to die of boredom and bad weather in the UK.

Thailand can be dangerous but it's never dull.

The mods should be carefully looking at that site it does not look legitimate .

I just checked out that site, it appears to be some form of amateur template build your own site job, the contact links are disabled, no means or discovering who runs that site and seems to be dummy news articles mostly pertaining to company directors published by people who bear grudges perhaps competitors that can publish false information about anyone.

I found it rather scary and is another good reason why to always keep a low profile and never get involved in Thailand.

The mods should be carefully looking at that site it does not look legitimate .

I just checked out that site, it appears to be some form of amateur template build your own site job, the contact links are disabled, no means or discovering who runs that site and seems to be dummy news articles mostly pertaining to company directors published by people who bear grudges perhaps competitors that can publish false information about anyone.

I found it rather scary and is another good reason why to always keep a low profile and never get involved in Thailand.

yes it looks very childish may just an irrelevant person trying to make a lot of noise

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Oh dear this does not look good, never realized he had been convicted. Now he has skipped bail I don't suppose he will be able to come back to Thailand. Lovely kids and probably the right thing to do taking them to the UK anyway, every cloud has a silver lining.

MjAxMi0zODJlYmNiMzQ2MGMzM2Rm.png

• Like 1

You know the Asian saying about messing with someone else's rice bowl... AD has ruffled more than a few feathers over the years...

There seems to be an entire segment of old timers that have had it with Thailand and are moving on... Things were always better in the "old days" to these guys... I wish them well where ever they go, because the entire world has changed in the last 20 years and the "old days" are long gone in a lot of places...

You are of course correct, I have been here 37 years straight and prior to that was stationed here during the Vietnam War. I can't return home to NY or any other city. I have made my bed and here I will die. Sure the place has gone to the dogs but now they're my dogs too. At 67, a widower with two grown children where would a pensioner like me return to the bliss that is America with their whiny women and entitled princesses? No thanks I will take my chances here with my fluent Thai, massages and overpriced wine and cheese.

Good on ya!

Back in the late '80s I interviewed an eminent but sickly old French archaeologist who lived in a wooden villa on Sri Ayutthaya Road (I think) in Bangkok. He regaled me with tales of Northern Thailand in the early '50s which set my head spinning.

Even as young people, some of us feel nostalgia for a past we have never known, only read about or seen in newsreel or fictionalised in films. As we grow older, it's common to regret that the days we knew have passed. If Loptr hasn't experienced the sensation, he will.

I just hope he doesn't bang on about it when the time comes.

• Like 1

Please next time explain who is who

If you don't know, it doesn't matter. If you can't be bothered to use Google, it matters even less.

Crass comment.

If it is supposed to be 'news' on Thaivisa', either the person should actually be well known or the article should explain who this person is.

• Like 1