New delivery of CBR300R's for police

eeeya

Ive seen a few on the streets of bangkok.

Today on the CB300F facebook page someone posted some nice photos. The end of the Tiger police bike.

I wonder why they chose the CBR300R instead of the cheaper, more upright riding position of the CB300F which might have been more suitable for police duties.

post-92327-0-64265900-1421495683_thumb.j

post-92327-0-08029300-1421495696_thumb.j

post-92327-0-35636800-1421495716_thumb.j

post-92327-0-23214900-1421495739_thumb.j

• Like 1

right choice. it is slimmer to go in every hole, and easy and cheap to run and maintain. has low down torque too for easy city rides.

i think they have chosen cbr300r just bc it offers more weather, wind and mud protection plus ergonomics of it is not taxing for the rider.

right choice. it is slimmer to go in every hole, and easy and cheap to run and maintain. has low down torque too for easy city rides.

i think they have chosen cbr300r just bc it offers more weather, wind and mud protection plus ergonomics of it is not taxing for the rider.

Not slimmer at all with those leg/crash bars protruding out.

Not slimmer at all with those leg/crash bars protruding out.

wider the bike, wider the crash bars.

So we must assume all these fine police officers on their new (I wanted so say shinny, ah-ham) brown cbr300's have passed the very difficult technical rider course especially for police men on bikeswhistling.gif

I guess not, many of them looks quite bedaffled and perhaps wish they were back on the Finoclap2.gif

Cbr300 is a excellent choice for Bangkok.

The "R" is a strange choice , would have thought the "F" was more suited to city use. Hope these 275 engines have the valve / cam problems of the 250 engine finally sorted out. Are the BIB being used as test mules to see if this engine is OK ?.cheesy.gif .

The "R" is a strange choice , would have thought the "F" was more suited to city use. Hope these 275 engines have the valve / cam problems of the 250 engine finally sorted out. Are the BIB being used as test mules to see if this engine is OK ?.cheesy.gif .

Here we go again...

You just trying to fire up LL ?

Seems to happen on every thread with the 300 mentioned...

Sorry CC , no. I didnt intend to upset you or ll2 ( his posts are very good and often imformative ). I had the CRF 250 at the top of my list (of 2) bikes i wanted. Still think its better looking than the KLX - just my opinion , so hopefully no KLX owners get "fired up" - but im still waiting to hear from independent people , or Honda , whats this problem with the head / valve area . Cracking one just came up in CM , but im not taking the risk. Theres a problem with these engines , in both sizes , and id like to know if i can avoid it if i purchase a CRF , or if its a design fault. I still await more imformation.thumbsup.gif

I'm really starting to think a Honda must have run over your dog when you were a kid or something rolleyes.gif

I do agree the F may have been a better choice, though.

• Like 1

HA HA , never had a dog clap2.gif - had a few Hondas though , last one a XR 650 R. EDIT - i dont mean these Hondas were dogs , they were superb bikes . In case of any missunderstanding . END OF EDIT .Don be fooled by my name , i like all bikes , and a CRF was on the list until i started hearing about these problems. Some CBRs seem to have done 10 / 20,000 KMS no problem , others have blown in 1,000 KMS. Thats the problem - whats the cause ?.If Honda knows , or would tell , it would beter inform myself and others.

Edited by ktm jeff

HA HA , never had a dog clap2.gif - had a few Hondas though , last one a XR 650 R. EDIT - i dont mean these Hondas were dogs , they were superb bikes . In case of any missunderstanding . END OF EDIT .Don be fooled by my name , i like all bikes , and a CRF was on the list until i started hearing about these problems. Some CBRs seem to have done 10 / 20,000 KMS no problem , others have blown in 1,000 KMS. Thats the problem - whats the cause ?.If Honda knows , or would tell , it would beter inform myself and others.

So how many have blown after 1000 km? Well if it blows, better it happens a low km's so Honda will likely give you a new engine on warranty.

Can you provide us some links to your statement?

There will always be a bad apple now and again, one out of 20.000 units? Don't know, only guessing.

Poster Nikster Versys 650 engine also blew after 8000 km if memory serves me right. I checked the UK Versys forum (a big forum) and no reports of blow engines in there, so Nikster just had bad luck, but got a new engine for free.

• Like 1

Might be better for your mental health if you stay away from the Honda threads. Agreed?

• Like 2

guzzi , the one that blew at under 1,000 KM was posed and talked about on this very fourum , you and others are welcome to look back , links provided previously , wasnt more than 4 months . Honda were good in this latest case , when local big-wing mechanics couldnt figure it , a technician came from BK to look. Wanted to do repair untill such a stink was raised they agreed to replace the whole faulty bike completely. The owner hasnt furnished us with any updates , so maybe Honda have stoped him , or wont tell him what went wrong. A faulty bike in 2,000 , maybe . Happens to other makes too . The information im after still remains elusive however , RE - what is the weak part of the Honda head "areas". Is it a fault of the owners riding style ( too many revs ) , poor servicing - or lack of servicing , or cheap engine internals . Is it something that can be avoided , or reduced . Everything else about the bike ( the CRF ) is fine for street use ,and for road use could be better than a KLX. Not suitable for off road though , when i will buy a KLX. If i could convince myself to take a chance on Honda , i would buy a CRF , but only for town use , hence my perusing of ALL bike forums .thumbsup.gif

guzzi , the one that blew at under 1,000 KM was posed and talked about on this very fourum , you and others are welcome to look back , links provided previously , wasnt more than 4 months . Honda were good in this latest case , when local big-wing mechanics couldnt figure it , a technician came from BK to look. Wanted to do repair untill such a stink was raised they agreed to replace the whole faulty bike completely. The owner hasnt furnished us with any updates , so maybe Honda have stoped him , or wont tell him what went wrong. A faulty bike in 2,000 , maybe . Happens to other makes too . The information im after still remains elusive however , RE - what is the weak part of the Honda head "areas". Is it a fault of the owners riding style ( too many revs ) , poor servicing - or lack of servicing , or cheap engine internals . Is it something that can be avoided , or reduced . Everything else about the bike ( the CRF ) is fine for street use ,and for road use could be better than a KLX. Not suitable for off road though , when i will buy a KLX. If i could convince myself to take a chance on Honda , i would buy a CRF , but only for town use , hence my perusing of ALL bike forums .thumbsup.gif

I see, yes I think I remember that cb300f in same forum. It was not a "full" blown engine, the owner could ride the bike to the shop if I recall correctly. Niksters Versys blew a hole in the engine block, so that was a real blown engine, he-he.

Despite that I am not afraid of buying one myself, as a mater of fact, I will pick up a new shinny one from the Pattaya Kawa shop tomorrow, can hardly wait.

I don't think you should be scared too of buying a cb300f if you like it, it's a good looking bike and if you follow general rules that applies for all engines; let it heat up before hammering it and change the oil often, it should last a long time.

There is one guy on the cbr300 forum that rode from BKK to Changmai and back again and in the Youtube video link provided he says it can go 120-140 all day long and I believe him.

I see, yes I think I remember that cb300f in same forum. It was not a "full" blown engine, the owner could ride the bike to the shop if I recall correctly. Niksters Versys blew a hole in the engine block, so that was a real blown engine, he-he.

Despite that I am not afraid of buying one myself, as a mater of fact, I will pick up a new shinny one from the Pattaya Kawa shop tomorrow, can hardly wait.

I don't think you should be scared too of buying a cb300f if you like it, it's a good looking bike and if you follow general rules that applies for all engines; let it heat up before hammering it and change the oil often, it should last a long time.

There is one guy on the cbr300 forum that rode from BKK to Changmai and back again and in the Youtube video link provided he says it can go 120-140 all day long and I believe him.

even a cbr250r can go at 140 kph all day singing happily. did a couple of 900 km one day trips with it.

jeff, possibly one bike in ten thousand can create problems this is what i see in motorcycling world.

but those 20 k km problems - which i sold my bike like 24 k km if i dont remember wrong, and i had zero problems. also never heard such problems around and anyway if problems, honda gives you a new bike:)

cbr300r is a handsome bike and i like it. i always think like why honda did not design cbr650f like it!

also it is a capable performer. I am sure much more better than cbr250r.

I'm just waiting for the news to come out in about 6 months that each of these bikes cost 3 million.

And that won't include the shiny crash bars. whistling.gif

those crash bars are made out of thaitanium.. I heard its very expensive for the Govt to buy w00t.gif

Thanks guzzi , i didnt dream it then ! ! ! blink.png .The occasional faulty one does seem to slip through once in a while to everyone . Please dont let my ( possibly unfounded ) concerns dilute your joyous purchase tommorow clap2.gif . Its just the CRF dual-sport im , after for running around on the roads that sometimes are as poor standard as Englands. Great looking as the CBR / CBF,s are , they arent what i want. Performance of 250 / 300,s is fine. ll2 , yes some have done 20K , so im trying to find out what is causing the others to fail so soon.Faulty part ( if so , which ) , or over reving , or poor srevicing .

• Like 1

At least now they can keep up with all the boy racers, but I have never in my life seen a Thai policeman chasing/pulling over another vehicle for an offense.

About three years ago I was pursued and stopped on the expressway by a cop on a motorbike who didn't like the satellite dish in my pickup. Told me I should have had a cover over it.

Been chased 3 times by cops on bikes in 14 years thinking about it.

At least now they can keep up with all the boy racers, but I have never in my life seen a Thai policeman chasing/pulling over another vehicle for an offense.

About three years ago I was pursued and stopped on the expressway by a cop on a motorbike who didn't like the satellite dish in my pickup. Told me I should have had a cover over it.

What was he riding?

What was he riding?

One of the older big four cylinder bikes.....Honda?

I passed a cop on a CBR 300 today! I saw him as I was coming home from work on Seri Thai road, on my CBR 300. He was having a little trouble lane splitting and got out of the way to let me past. I slowed down to check out the bike and give him a thumbs up.

I have to say the bike doesn't look so great in shit brown with those big huge crash bars on the front sad.png

Mine looks a lot prettier biggrin.png

• Like 2