Online streaming

Goethe

Despite having a download speed of almost 10 Mps I find it impossible to watch any sporting event online. I have tried a multitude of sites, but they all play for a few seconds and then freeze -- often for several minutes.

Is this a common problem in Thailand -- or is there a solution?

My understanding is that the advertised internet speeds are for domestic internet sites. Connecting to foreign sites requires use of very limited bandwidth that has become over saturated. I use CAT and they warned me that I can not expect good speeds when accessing US sites and that I will likely see only 1Mps as an effective download speed. So far that has been the case. I am not aware of any better options. I share your frustration as do most farang here I would imagine.

Are you paying a subscription for sports? The free ones suck and it's nothing to do with Thailand. I stream UK TV with no issues. I watch you tube for US TV with no issues. Thailand has massive bandwidth for broadband and it is not saturated on the international links.

Are you paying a subscription for sports? The free ones suck and it's nothing to do with Thailand. I stream UK TV with no issues. I watch you tube for US TV with no issues. Thailand has massive bandwidth for broadband and it is not saturated on the international links.

Then can you please tell me what provider you are using and what plan you are on because here in CR it SUCKS big time! Appreciate the info.

• Like 1