Anyone know of a beer bar for sale in Patts?

Gordy Gambino

It always amazes me on threads like this where you always get the 'experts' chipping up with the second hand Stickman/Trink 'wisdom' without never having done the job themselves.

I've known my share of bar owners in my years here and not all of them lost their little all. In fact I'd say a fair % of those I've known did (or still do) make a few tidy doubloons out of it.

I'd say there isn't any 'magic formula' to success apart from a few common elements such as;

'learn as much as you can about the trade'

'get a 'good' woman by your side''

''be prepared to put in the hours - punters can sniff a bar a mile off where the gaffer has 'given up the ghost' and has left the place to become a plaything for his missus and her pals, and tend to avoid them like the plague, that 'abandoned feeling' isn't conducive to a good drink ''

''a sh*t load of good luck''

'Get a new place, make your own 'footprint in the sand' instead of inheriting someone else's' bad rep or bad name''

Good luck. It is indeed a tough caper, however with the right amount of effort and luck there's no reason why you can't do OK out of it.

Lol.

You just called everyone else an expert without owning any bar, but you never did either!

Somehow that makes you worse I think.

Two for sale bottom end of Soi 7 prime locations on road front......

As far as I remember the large complex from Soi 8 to the police station is also for sale.

I sat down there one morning to watch some ado on Beach road.

Ordered a bottle of soda. 50 Baht, Last visit.

Edited by KhunBENQ

There is a very large brand new bar, just constructed, on Soi Chaiyaphruk 1. Just a few yards from the beach.

Never been opened yet.

If you can get the staff it could be a good investment.

post-7315-0-07807900-1421603934_thumb.jp

post-7315-0-16456600-1421604064_thumb.jp

Chris

Edited by lor

It always amazes me on threads like this where you always get the 'experts' chipping up with the second hand Stickman/Trink 'wisdom' without never having done the job themselves.

I've known my share of bar owners in my years here and not all of them lost their little all. In fact I'd say a fair % of those I've known did (or still do) make a few tidy doubloons out of it.

You dont have to be an expert or have run one yourself to realise that many bars/restaurants are quite short-lived in Pattaya. And even if the business uses the same name for a long while it may have had a succession of different owners/managers during that time.

"Ephemeral" is a useful word here.

Lol.

You just called everyone else an expert without owning any bar, but you never did either!

Somehow that makes you worse I think.

Where did I say I never did? Please don' t make things up....

Ok so you did then?

One going in Soi wongamart for a couple of years, mainly because the owners got greedy with the key money , Used to be called the Fly Inn and from 2004 to 2009 did very well with ex-pat trade until a new owner tried to turn it into more of a restaurant. Might be worth a look if the key money has now gone down

The hours alone would do me in - throw in the BiB's monthly extortion plus the threat of alcoholism, violence, staff stealing from you and the stigma of being called a 'pimp' each time you accept a barfine : no thanks, but I wish the OP every success.

Edit: if I can offer something a little more positive, the Thai karaoke joints near me appear to be making money hand-over-fist from ~10pm at night : no idea what their overheads are but rents have to be lower than places like Made in Thailand. Might be a bit of a Ponzi scheme if all that money originates in tourist pockets anyway, but I thought I'd put it out there - I spend as much time in the bars as anyone here but those karaoke bars are still going strong at 5am when I go to 7-11 for a coffee.

Edited by MrWorldwide

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The hours alone would do me in - throw in the BiB's monthly extortion plus the threat of alcoholism, violence, staff stealing from you and the stigma of being called a 'pimp' each time you accept a barfine : no thanks, but I wish the OP every success.

Yep , you have to be on show if you want the customers to stay ,drink and more importantly ,spend money