Insurance for Thai girlfriend for travel abroad.

brakar

Three times a year I travel to Thailand and each time for four weeks. I have a Thai girlfriend who I travel around Thailand with. We also take a short trip (3-4 days) to other countries in Southeast Asia. The times we travel out of Thailand I always buy a travel insurance that covers her stay abroad. It does not cover domestic travel. I have my own insurance.

The insurance company that I so far have used, is AIG, which has office in Siam Tower - Bangkok. This costs THB 1,148 (Plan A) for 4-6 days for travel in Asia.

My question is:

Should I have insurance for travel within Thailand for my Thai girlfriend?

Are there other insurance you think is better?

Website for Aig -Thailand: http://www.aig.co.th/home_2112_330500.html

If the purpose of your insurance would be to prevent any catastrophic risks, your girlfriend has the same entitlements to health care away from home as she does at home.

So no, I would not recommend travel insurance for her.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I assume your answer applies traveling in Thailand.

When travel to other countries in Southeast Asia, would you recommend Insurance for her?

Would not be any different for her as it would be for yourself. So if you think it necessary for yourself I would recommend you to buy for her as well.

I do not think that she will wear gold necklace. I am more afraid of the phone that she always carries. All places that we visit, she must take selfies.

What insurance does she have for her phone in Thailand ? Same risks here as anywhere else in S.E.A.

• 4 weeks later...