Robert Allenby kidnapped, beaten and robbed in Hawaii

MrWorldwide

No, it's not Thailand, but I didnt see anything on this in World News or the Sport forum - apologies if its been posted elsewhere. Tried the search function and the hits pointed me to this section of the forums. Allenby definitely looks like he's been through the wringer - I guess it can happen anywhere but this is scary stuff IMO.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/golf/robert-allenby-kidnapped-and-beaten-in-violent-robbery-in-honolulu-hawaii/story-fndkztro-1227188520509

AUSTRALIAN golfer Robert Allenby feels lucky to be alive after he was kidnapped beaten and robbed in Honolulu before being dumped about 10km away from the abduction site.

Allenby was at the popular Amuse Wine Bar in the tourist-laden Waikiki with his close friend Anthony Puntoriero after missing the cut at the Sony Open.

The 43-year-old believes the suspects may have drugged him before he was taken to an underground car park where he was knocked out, robbed and thrown into the boot of a car.

Allenby has noticeable damage and lacerations to his nose and forehead.

“I didn’t think I was going to survive this one,” Allenby told AAP.

“I was separated from my friend in the bar after we had paid the tab at 10.48pm and he went to the bathroom and next thing you know I’m being dumped in a park miles away.

“I only know this part because a homeless woman found me and told me she saw a few guys pull up and throw me out of the car. That is where I got the scrapes above my eye from the sidewalk.” Shaken and in a bad way Allenby realised he was without his phone, wallet or any cash and was starting to be harassed by other homeless people in the park.

A Lucky escape. Thanks for posting the story, I haven't seen ANYTHING of it and I'm a News Freak who watches EVERYTHING, with the exception currently of ABC on Australia Plus because the GENIUS Techs, at Chiang Mai Cable Provider,WETV, seem to have again "lost the satellite."

Aside from that, you can bet that if this had happened in THAILAND it would have been "trumpeted" by every TV News Service around the world. Seems there is a campaign to kick Thailand at every opportunity.

Edited by Torrens54

Sounds like a 'made up ' story to me.

If he was unconcious,how does he know he was taken to an underground carpark,

beaten and robbed and then 'thrown into the boot of a car'........

Then he says ,'I didn't think I was going to survive this one' ?????

Have there been other assaults and robberies that nobody knows about ??

Nahh...I smell something fishy going on ....

• Like 1

A Lucky escape. Thanks for posting the story, I haven't seen ANYTHING of it and I'm a News Freak who watches EVERYTHING, with the exception currently of ABC on Australia Plus because the GENIUS Techs, at Chiang Mai Cable Provider,WETV, seem to have again "lost the satellite."

Aside from that, you can bet that if this had happened in THAILAND it would have been "trumpeted" by every TV News Service around the world. Seems there is a campaign to kick Thailand at every opportunity.

Try Yahoo sports. The article is there.