Golf set

stuurman

Hi

Where would be a good place to look for a beginners golf set in CM?
Any idea of expected prices?

I had a look in some shops in Central festival but found prices there on the high side compared to what I saw in Singapore.

Thanks.

Edited by stuurman

Head up to the Lanna course on the Chiang mai - Mae Rim road. Opposite the the car park gate, on the southbound side, there are 5 or 6 shops that do both new and used sets, and will also do refitting, new grips, etc. They always have some promotions/discounts on, and they are so close together you can compare prices while you're looking...

Thanks for the replies and PM's.

I'm not in Chiang Mai yet but will move there in a few months and posted because I'm trying to find out if I better buy a set where I live now or wait and buy in CM once I'm there.

I think I will do the latter.

Edited by stuurman

A bit of advice, get fitted for a set of clubs... You wouldn't consider going hiking with a pair of boots that don't fit, the same holds true for golf... Once fitted, you can shop for a set of used clubs or buy new online or from a discount shop...

There is a lady with a shop on Sukhumvit in BKK, with about 6 used sets. She was ready to deal. Had a nice set of Mizouno that I could have got for 4000ish....New clubs are high here, like running shoes....typical tax rip-off.