Pattaya Police arrest 3 Indians and 1 Canadian in credit card fraud case

webfact

Pattaya Police arrest 3 Indians & 1 Canadian in credit card fraud case

india-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday afternoon, Pattaya Police received notification from a Thai Bank that someone was trying to use a lost or stolen credit card to purchase items of value. 4 people were later arrested in connection with the case.

Kasikornbank officials contacted the Police and informed them that a number of credit card transactions were being made at Central Festival Pattaya Beach, next door to Pattaya Police Station.

Officers were directed to the Jaymart Electronics Store where they arrested Mr. Kapil Sharma aged 31, Mr. Sahil Sharma aged 25, and Mr. Narinder Kumar aged 34, all carrying Indian Passports, along with Indian-born Mr. Suhdir Kumar aged 30 who was carrying a Canadian Passport.

The men were taken back to their Hotel Rooms where a total of 26 Credit Cards containing stolen account details were found. The men later revealed that before they came to Thailand they had purchased the cards for the equivalent of 1,000 Baht each via the internet from an Australian Man.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/165894/pattaya-police-arrest-3-indians-1-canadian-in-credit-card-fraud-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-19

Yes they absolutely will serve time but probably not enough to compensate for the losses and subsequent inconvenience of the cloned card owners.[/quotePHUKET - Representatives of the South African embassy in Bangkok will soon meet with a South African man arrested in Phuket on ATM card-skimming related charges.

Manquba Parker Ngcobo was arrested on June 20 after police found a pile of cloned ATM cards in his Horizon Patong Hotel room.

Department of International Relations and Cooperation spokesman Nelson Kgwete confirmed the arrest and said the department has been in contact with Ngcobos relatives.

The embassy will make arrangements to visit Ngcobo as soon as possible," he said.

The department has also been in contact with certain individuals claiming to be related to the detainee, but will only be able to proceed with further consular assistance once Ngcobo has granted us permission to release information to such individuals.

According to reports, police found 72 cloned cards and a stack of cash in Ngcobos room.

The 32-year-old allegedly admitted that he had bought the fake cards from acquaintances in South Africa and withdrew money from various places around Phuket.

All victims are believed to be South African account holders.

Card skimming or card cloning is a fraudulent system where criminals copy the victims bank or credit card details.

The story about purchasing the cards from an Australian man is interesting. It would seem that someone who is in possession of stolen or fake credit or atm cards would stand to gain a lot more than 1000 baht per card by using them instead of selling them, unless of course they used them and then sold them when there was a chance of getting caught with them.

• Like 1

He not really a Canadian, he just had a Canadian passport! Thats what the article said.

A quick look and I won't be spotting him so no 100 baht for me.

Bought the fake cards off an Australian more BS.

I see some twit on here has cited racism...what a joke that is.

The newspaper and its staff are the racist with the way they reported this.

He not really a Canadian, he just had a Canadian passport! Thats what the article said.

A quick look and I won't be spotting him so no 100 baht for me.

Bought the fake cards off an Australian more BS.

I see some twit on here has cited racism...what a joke that is.

The newspaper and its staff are the racist with the way they reported this.

Wonder if the Australian was also Indian-born?.

Now these guys have no visa or rental worries for the next 5 years ,

Yes and no booze, cigs, girls and unless they have someone on the outside no edible food. Good riddance to the lot of them. As a security manager in the UK I arrested many using stolen cards and the problems it causes the cards real owner I can't describe. I remeber a local magistrate having her cards stolen and a few thousand spent on them within an hour of being reported and I always remember her saying " next time I get people like this before me in court I will take much more severe measures to punish them " I thought that was great as they are nothing more then scum.

My theory is that they're all entirely innocent of the crimes for which they are charged. In fact what transpired was they were quite innocently going about their everyday business of skimming card numbers and pass codes from ATM's when they were unfortunately the victim of someone using a stolen credit card. I mean, it could happen to anyone.