Grenade-shaped Lighter causes scare at North Pattaya Market

webfact

Grenade-shaped Lighter causes scare at North Pattaya Market

lighter-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police and a Bomb Disposal Officer were called to the rear of a North Pattaya Market on Sunday morning after a member of the public spotted, what appeared to be, a hand grenade, partially buried in the ground.

A car tyre was placed around the object by Police who called the Explosives Expert to the located, behind the Soi Potisan Market, just before 10am on Sunday.

The officer carefully examined the object which he quickly determined was a lighter in the shape of a grenade and not an explosive device as first feared.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/165882/grenade-shaped-lighter-causes-scare-at-north-pattaya-market/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-19

I used to own one of these. I wanted to own it because it looked cool. It was way too small to be mistaken for a real hand grenade, but it was taken off me when I tried to board a plane with it because it could have been mistaken for a real hand grenade.

Edited by Sarariman

I used to own one of these. I wanted to own it because it looked cool. It was way too small to be mistaken for a real hand grenade, but it was taken off me when I tried to board a plane with it because it could have been mistaken for a real hand grenade.

It was taken off you because ALL lighters are confiscated regardless of appearance - having quit about 5 years ago this info' may be out of date.