Golf in Phuket

Avid Golfer

Hi,

I have recently moved to Phuket from Samui and I would like to know if there are any special discounts for local on the golf courses?

On Samui we have the Samui golf association which entitles to a good discount on Santiburi. There is also the sports day half price on Wednesday etc.

Is there similar arrangements in Phuket? (and on what courses)

I have also been told that there is different groups arranging small tournaments on various days of the week on the different courses, how do I get in touch with these groups?

Thanks for any input and help.

Ask the golf pros at e.g. Laguna or Blue Canyon for a contacts with the "Mulligans" - who are a bunch of fun guys and gals who meet every week and play e.g Blue Canyon - at reduced prices.

But golf is silly prices here in Phuket, faaaar too costly.

• Like 1

Ask the golf pros at e.g. Laguna or Blue Canyon for a contacts with the "Mulligans" - who are a bunch of fun guys and gals who meet every week and play e.g Blue Canyon - at reduced prices.

Silly and far too costly? Please elaborate. I am not saying it's not as I have never golfed here, I just would like to know what outrageous costs exactly you are referring to.

Edited by csabo

Thanks Altalake, I will get in touch with Mulligans group to see if they let me come and play with them.

Regarding price I'm pretty used to steep prices when it comes to golf after living on Samui for the past 12 years. :-)

Loch Palm which is right beside Red Mountain is around 3700 plus your caddie fee of 400. Red Mountain is over 5000 plus the caddie fee. Ive played both and liked them but it's not a cheap day out.

Phunaka is only a 9 hole course but you can go around twice for under 1500. Laguna was fun to play but it's over 4000. I haven't played Mission Hills or Phuket Country club so I can't speak on them.

Blue Canyon was a disaster when I played. The course was in horrible condition amd and the service was incredibly bad. It was enough for me to not want to go back.

Overall the golf is expensive in Phuket. I spent a lot of time on the range at Loch Palm, you hit balls into the water and its a great view!

• Like 1

Loch Palm which is right beside Red Mountain is around 3700 plus your caddie fee of 400. Red Mountain is over 5000 plus the caddie fee. Ive played both and liked them but it's not a cheap day out.

Phunaka is only a 9 hole course but you can go around twice for under 1500. Laguna was fun to play but it's over 4000. I haven't played Mission Hills or Phuket Country club so I can't speak on them.

Blue Canyon was a disaster when I played. The course was in horrible condition amd and the service was incredibly bad. It was enough for me to not want to go back.

Overall the golf is expensive in Phuket. I spent a lot of time on the range at Loch Palm, you hit balls into the water and its a great view!

Send me a PM next time you go to play and maybe I can join in.

• 2 weeks later...

Send me a PM next time you go to play and maybe I can join in.

Will do if I get back to Phuket. I tried finding work at one of the golf courses but didn't have any luck.

• 1 month later...

Haven't played golf in a long long time but when I was playing by far the best value golf was Phuket country club (country course, it's a nine hole course but a great test of golf, then it was about 2500 for 18 holes plus caddie fee, might be more now! Phunaka in Chalong is also nine holes but it is not in the same league condition wise as the expensive courses on Phuket!