3-year-old Thai girl attempts DIY nose job with squid shell

webfact

3-year-old attempts DIY nose job with squid shell
By Coconuts Bangkok

shell.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hoping to achieve the national obsession with pointy-shaped noses, a 3-year-old girl in Buriram province stuffed a squid shell she found on the dinner table up her nose.

The damage was discovered yesterday when the girl’s mother, Nongnapat Krajangsai, shined a light in her daughter’s nose after the child had been suffering from congestion and discovered the shell jammed in her nasal passage.

She used pliers to remove the blood-stained shell, which she believes her daughter must have found at a Jan. 10 house party when they barbecued squid.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/01/19/3-year-old-attempts-diy-nose-job-squid-shell

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-01-19

People in my family have stuff buttons and coins up there. Maybe its just a kid thing and the parents are projecting some sort of motive. The mother probably should have brought her to a doctor to have it removed though??

"Before they start earning grades, children in Thailand are routinely criticized about their noses."

What on earth does that mean?

I think, and its only my opinion, it means the soon they start earning grades = the sooner they start to lie and cheat. As this begins to happen like Pinocchio their noses start to get bigger.

"Before they start earning grades, children in Thailand are routinely criticized about their noses."

What on earth does that mean?

Maybe not having a ' proper ' nose means you can't get what you should from the trough which leads us into the fact you don't get near the trough unless your face fits !

Sorry about that. Oh my brain hurts.

• Like 2

This is the direct result of how adults values are affecting those of their children. If children are made to think at a very young and tender age that having a less than pointy nose is undesirable - the child's mind would be forever believe that lie. I pity the child for having had to go through this ordeal. People's values need to change.

• Like 1

Children have been sticking stuff in their noses since Moses was a boy.

What the mother thinks and what happened MAY be two separate things.

Why is this even news?

Agreed. I really gotta wonder where Coconuts gets their news.

The story is reported by MCOT News agency (Thai) LINK

• Like 1

This is the direct result of how adults values are affecting those of their children. If children are made to think at a very young and tender age that having a less than pointy nose is undesirable - the child's mind would be forever believe that lie. I pity the child for having had to go through this ordeal. People's values need to change.

+ 1 clap2.gif

Where could such a motive occur,we can ardly blame falangs or schools with a toddler,perhaps copying mum which is common when little girls use make up high heels etc in my limited experience.

The only other explanation could be tv or some cartoon/line video showing other similar behaviour,the possibility that such behaviour is genetic can be discounted otherwise we would see foolish danerous behaviour in social life on the highways choice of role models etc

Nose job?? Nar, just a normal 3 year old who did not seem to be supervised by the parents.

Face safety is more important than child's safety. The nasty nasty restaurant served nasty, nasty squid with a nasty nasty shell in it....

Edited by MaxLee

Why is this even news?

Not having a go at you Sir Webfact, far from it......as I appreciate your work here at TVF. I realise where you get your stuff from, my statement was directed at the tbh. Must be a slow news day.

It's amazing the things children stick up their noses 555555

a 3 year old would only learn nonsense like from her mother. Maybe they've been ribbing her about her button nose or she hears the mum constantly whining about her own nose.. Amazed that people can do that to their children. I have a mixed race niece who at the age of 10 or so was trying to pour herself a bath of bleach to make her skin white... This was as a result of stuff at school. This thing with the nose isn't.

This is not funny you who ever penned this crap. The 3 year old was not Hoping to achieve the national obsession with pointy-shaped noses. A lot of young kids poke things up their noses or in their ears, most without doing any harm. I certainly don't agree with the mother doing her own olfactory operation, but probably panicked. Who ever wrote this piece of so-call journalism may take a different view if a close child of theirs went thru this.

Why is this even news?

Not having a go at you Sir Webfact, far from it......as I appreciate your work here at TVF. I realise where you get your stuff from, my statement was directed at the tbh. Must be a slow news day.

It's amazing the things children stick up their noses 555555

I still gotta wonder where a 3 year-old gets the idea that he/she needs a nose job, or that sticking a shell up your nose is the way to do it. It sounds like some crazy story a parent came up with to deflect from the fact that they weren't watching their child.

• Like 1

Why is this even news?

"Why is this even news?"

Because some people may be interested. Maybe you should define what you consider constitutes news and advise the media.

"What the mother thinks and what happened MAY be two separate things"

Read the link.