Online Banking Options / Thai Banks

seesip

I have a Bangkok Bank account, but you can only download transactions within the last 6 months, and only the basic info. If you want detailed transaction info, or anything older than 6 months, you need to request it from the main office, and it takes 3 days for them to send you an old school dot matrix printout.

Anyone use another bank that has more robust online options?

Kasikorn goes back 6 months, SCB 12 months. Neither with a great deal of information.

Yes, you can get the last 12 months of info online from SCB. I'm a bit puzzled, though, why you say the online info doesn't have a great deal of information. I regularly print out the SCB monthly statements and every single bit of information (all transactions, deposits, withdrawals, use of debit card, interest, fees, etc.) is listed on the statements I see and print out. I can't think of anything that isn't listed on the statements.

Kasikorn goes back 6 months, SCB 12 months. Neither with a great deal of information.

Yes, you can get the last 12 months of info online from SCB. I'm a bit puzzled, though, why you say the online info doesn't have a great deal of information. I regularly print out the SCB monthly statements and every single bit of information (all transactions, deposits, withdrawals, use of debit card, interest, fees, etc.) is listed on the statements I see and print out. I can't think of anything that isn't listed on the statements.

So the SCB monthly statements are available as a download too? With BKB you can view details online for the last 6 months, but if you download it, it only gives you simplified info. For example if you view a transaction online you can see the date, amount, payee, and notes. But if you download it, it leaves out the note info.

Are you talking about transactions or transfer history. A transaction doesn't have a note...it does have the 6 fields...all of which are downloaded in the csv format. You can also look at transfer history, which is not downloadable, but is printable, you can click on the reference number to see the note with the transfer.

I don't use the debit card, but that would be a transaction, and the payee should be listed...there wouldn't be a "note" on a debit transaction. All your transactions for ever will be in your bank book.......Don't do things the hard way; there are plenty of genuine challenges in life without making a federal case about your downloads for Quicken.

So the SCB monthly statements are available as a download too? With BKB you can view details online for the last 6 months, but if you download it, it only gives you simplified info. For example if you view a transaction online you can see the date, amount, payee, and notes. But if you download it, it leaves out the note info.

Yes, you can either just print out the SCB monthly statements directly and/or (after you hit the "print" button on SCB's page) you have the option of saving the statements in PDF format on your computer. I both print out the monthly statements and download/save the statements.

Edit: In possible answer to some other questions, the SCB monthly statements show debit transactions (listed as "X2" and "POS" transactions and the payee's name...such as Tesco or Makro), show ATM withdrawals (listed as "C2" and "ATM" transactions and where the ATM machine was located), show automatic debits (where I've set up the electric and water accounts to automatically grab the money) and those are shown as "X2" and "ATS" transactions along with the names of the electric and water companies), shows fees charged (they charge15 baht total per month for the two automatic debit deals for the water and electricity) and I also get a yearly fee for the ATM card, and deposit and interest information, and the statements also show internet transfers (with the symbols "X2", ENET, and, of course, internet, when I transfer funds to another account). In other words, the statements from SCB show every possible bit of information that you would want to know.

Edited by CMBob

Citibank has an excellent online system that goes back about 2 years. You also get a monthly hard copy statement in the mail. If you save them, you have records for years.

Do you have a Citibank Thailand account? If so are you able to use your ATM card around CM with no fees etc?

I'm with BangkokBank, and have been with a few different accounts, for years. I had to do a formal (paper based) application to get online banking but that allowed me to "easily" access my bank details via a smartphone app. Only keeps data for 6 months but can download as CSV which can import into most software. It really depends on what you want to do with that information. Is it for accounting? Is it just personal use?

Citibank has an excellent online system that goes back about 2 years. You also get a monthly hard copy statement in the mail. If you save them, you have records for years.

Do you have a Citibank Thailand account? If so are you able to use your ATM card around CM with no fees etc?

Can't wait for the answer. If it's a Citi US account, he is getting murdered on fees of all kinds. First order of business when I get back to the states is close Citibank as it has no value abroad.

Can't wait for the answer. If it's a Citi US account, he is getting murdered on fees of all kinds. First order of business when I get back to the states is close Citibank as it has no value abroad.

Except Australia where you can use West Pac Bank facilities if you have Citibank Global Account. However there is an annual fee.

Bangkok Bank will send you a monthly hard copy if you ask for it. I want to save the environment and save trees so I stopped the monthly statement years ago. The online account has a record that goes back 6 months. You can print out your own monthly statement from your online account and keep a record of your payment details by hand. The online system can send details of every transaction to your mobile phone and will stay in memory.

When you make a payment online, you just print out the full details when you make the transaction. I do this for school fees etc and send a copy with the invoice as proof of payment.

Different question about on-line Thai banks.

I checked most of the Thai mainstream banks maybe 12 months ago. My main interest was to be able to transfer across various accounts (within the same bank).

I have several accounts for good reasons and I want to keep the several accounts, and only one account as has an ATM card, always with a quite small balance. All my accounts are joint savings accounts, either party can sign.

As soon as I mentioned 'joint savings accounts, either party can sign' to each of the Thai banks I hit a brick wall, they all said they don't allow joint savings accounts to be part of on-line banking.

Any comments (not comments about joint / anybody can sign) or experiences with this appreciated, thanks.

Edited by scorecard