exchange rates used by immigration?

When using a monthly income at Changwatana Immigration. What exchange rate do the use when converting the monthly income of U.S. dollar on a affidavit from the U.S.embassy to see if you qualify for 40,000 or more baht when applying for extension based on marriage?

I looked on line and the U.S.dollar to baht is rufly 32.59 baht to a dollar. Is this the number?

Edited by keithet

They will use the exchange rate for the date you submit your application. Most offices now use the exchange rates posted on bank websites.

For US dollars they use the rate for changing $100 bills.

Edit: The exchange rate shown on Bangkok banks website is 32.17. http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/WebServices/Rates/Pages/FX_Rates.aspx

For Friday the 16th the telex transfer (TT) rate was 32.59 today it is 32.42.

They will use the exchange rate for the date you submit your application. Most offices now use the exchange rates posted on bank websites.

So it's not the full amount of the trading it is what a bank will sell the baht for a $100 dollar bill?

Edit: The exchange rate shown on Bangkok banks website is 32.17. http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/WebServices/Rates/Pages/FX_Rates.aspx

I just got back from immigration and I'm not sure what they used but at changwatana used a little bit higher then 29.5

I don't know where the heck they got the rate of 29.5. It has not been low for about 2 years.

I was still in the clear. But I have no idea. Because I was in the clear and was not asked to get any more documents or any other things they may want me to get I just left it alone.

I did not want to make her upset and make it harder for me.

I wish I would of asked. I didn't know till my wife told me.

As long as you were above 40k baht they wouldn't say anything,

I also do my extensions based upon marriage using the 40k baht income option. I am well above the dollars needed to have 40k baht. Last year they just glanced through my paperwork and asked me to pay the 1900 baht at the office up here.

I'm sorry I think my wife when reading the amount upside down got confused.

When I calculate 32.42 I can see she was confusing numbers.

I showed her the amount scribbled on paper upside down she agreed that both numbers look similar with different handwriting.

Thanks for the numbers ubonjoe you saved me a lot of wondering time.

Oh by the way thanks ubonjoe for all your help with my questions!

Everything went quick and smooth. Paid my money and got a 30 day consideration stamp. And she informed me what Window to go to get my extension next month.

Thanks!

The Imm Office I use for my extension always ask me, "What is the rate today?"

I always bring a printout sheet from the BKK Bank currency exchange website showing that day's US$ - THB exchange rate, just in case there's ever any dispute. Never yet been asked to produce it or had any issue over the amount.

Most of the time, at Chaengwattana, the officers seem to have some amount or rate posted on their PCs, because they seem to look there when doing the calculation based on the dollars amount stated on your US Consulate income affidavit.