Floating market rip off

Lukecan

Lukecan

There's nothing wrong with the floating market and it's well worth a visit (not far from my home) but clearly you couldn't organise a root in a brothel, with a fist full of 1000 baht notes and that's the reason you didn't enjoy your time.

Message should be, go to floating market but don't go with Luke.

I agree with ATF, don't get into flying, for goodness sake.

I read the reviews about it after the rip off attempt, so many people have experiences on par with mine. Apparently the items on the market are a bigger rip off than the trip. I should of read the damn reviews before going.

Lukecan

There's nothing wrong with the floating market and it's well worth a visit (not far from my home) but clearly you couldn't organise a root in a brothel, with a fist full of 1000 baht notes and that's the reason you didn't enjoy your time.

I read the reviews about it after the rip off attempt, so many people have experiences on par with mine. Apparently the items on the market are a bigger rip off than the trip. I should of read the damn reviews before going.

Going anywhere as a tourist buddy will be expensive. I am sure there's been plenty of douchbags ripped off at the tourist attractions. There is more than one way to skin a cat, I was under the impression that you lived in Thailand and was a bit savy as to how things work.

Lukecan

Going anywhere as a tourist buddy will be expensive. I am sure there's been plenty of douchbags ripped off at the tourist attractions. There is more than one way to skin a cat, I was under the impression that you lived in Thailand and was a bit savy as to how things work.
We learn something new everyday.This is like the first time I tried going to a tourist site. I never lived in Thailand by the way, took multiple short vacations. I usually only go to bars pubs, malls thats it. I've only been ripped off by taxis so far. I dont mind overpaying for some things, but 4000 for a <deleted> boat ride? Thats crazy Edited by Lukecan

....and you want to be an airline pilot.....Saints preserve us.....

I dont want to be one, I will be one.

I read the reviews about it after the rip off attempt,

Not with those sort of preparation skills you won't. I doubt you'll even get past the first round of interviews. Not even Mummy and Daddy can do those for you....

Edited by ThePlant

....and you want to be an airline pilot.....Saints preserve us.....

I dont want to be one, I will be one.

I read the reviews about it after the rip off attempt,

Not with those sort of preparation skills you won't. I doubt you'll even get past the first round of interviews.

The worst guy in my family who everyone thought was going to be nobody turned out to be an anesthesiologist, I'll turn out allrite dont worry bout that. I trust my genes Edited by Lukecan

If it was Amphawa the prices have gone up a tad. Not so long ago a 2 hour boat trip with stop offs at 5 temples was 50 Baht per person.

No mate it wasnt that one, forget 50, if they asked 300-400 baht I'd give it, but 4000 thats insane.

It was damnean saduak floating market.

I don't know where you were at the floating market but i go there at least twice a year with a group of students who conduct a survey with the tourist. There a sign and I believe a boat is 400 baht and one with a top for shade is 600 baht. Even that is high but so be it. You sure you didn't miss a O in the price.

Luke, stick with the bars!

Are you sure you have never been ripped off in the bars??

Maybe you just didn't realize it.

Choke dee!

I always tip between 10-20% after each drink, if you call that getting ripped off yeah. I've been taken to very bad clubs by tuk tuks when I was a rookie, one of them being shock39. BUt after a while I figured my way out, I only visit RCA now, and the clubs there dont rip you off. It takes trial and error to figure some things out, no one is perfect.

By the way people bashing me int his thead, at least I didnt board the god damn boat and managed to secure my return trip to Bangkok. Plenty of people in tripadvisor actually paid 3000-4000thb for this trip.

• Like 1

I don't know where you were at the floating market but i go there at least twice a year with a group of students who conduct a survey with the tourist. There a sign and I believe a boat is 400 baht and one with a top for shade is 600 baht. Even that is high but so be it. You sure you didn't miss a O in the price.

No I didnt.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303902-d317729-Reviews-or40-Damnoen_Saduak_Floating_Market-Damnoen_Saduak_Ratchaburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

Read the reviews here, same experiences as mine. My taxi driver took me to the stall of a private boat owner. Apparently its what taxi drivers do, they dont directlyt take you to the market, but take you to a place so you have to hire a private boat. Of course they receive their hefty commision.

• Like 1

Don't tell us superpilot's peepers are failing him too....

So the driver ripped you off not the floating market. You stopped prior to the market you should have went down the road to the entrance of the market. Don't blame the market , blame yourself.

Yeah you are right, I'm one of the people to be blamed here. But nearly everyone who stops a cab and says take me to the floating market gets the same treatment. I should of prepared before the trip, but I decided to go there while I was walking down the road lol, decided I had nothing better to do and just hailed a cab and said take me to the floating market.

No I didnt.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303902-d317729-Reviews-or40-Damnoen_Saduak_Floating_Market-Damnoen_Saduak_Ratchaburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

Read the reviews here, same experiences as mine. My taxi driver took me to the stall of a private boat owner. Apparently its what taxi drivers do, they dont directlyt take you to the market, but take you to a place so you have to hire a private boat. Of course they receive their hefty commision.

Didn't you think to yourself at any point: "Maybe I shouldn't take a taxi"; or "Maybe I should tell him to go straight to the market without stopping first" When you read these reviews? simple planning takes seconds. I hope you give more attention to any pre-flight checks you may have to make in the future....

• Like 1

No I didnt.

Didn't you think to yourself at any point: "Maybe I shouldn't take a taxi"; or "Maybe I should tell him to go straight to the market without stopping first" When you read these reviews? simple planning takes seconds. I hope you give more attention to any pre-flight checks you may have to make in the future....

I like doing things instantly, just like how I decided to go to Bangkok from Istanbul the same day.I like making my plans last minute, and today I had no plans to go to the floating market. Before hailing the cab, I didnt even know how far and where the floating market was, so when the cab quoted 1500thb for going and coming back I was like <deleted>, but gave in after he told me it was 100km away. Common sense, why would you plan your trip to a floating market, its a <deleted> floating market I thought. And I dont mind getting ripped off actually, but there is a line between getting ripped off and getting raped, 4000thb for a boat ride is rape.

• Like 1

He might be able fly some paper airplanes

No I will brag about how I'm set for retirement in TV 20 years later to younger folks here .I will also say there is no way they can get a bird for free, the girls must be after their money. I will also brag about how my Isaan princess likes my buddha belly, and prefers mature old guys over younger ones.

He might be able fly some paper airplanes

No I will brag about how I'm set for retirement in TV 20 years later to younger folks here .I will also say there is no way they can get a bird for free, the girls must be after their money. I will also brag about how my Isaan princess likes my buddha belly, and prefers mature old guys over younger ones.

Do you assume that everyone is old?

• Like 1