Floating market rip off

Lukecan

And I dont mind getting ripped off actually, but there is a line between getting ripped off and getting raped, 4000thb for a boat ride is rape.

I think a rape victim might disagree

Wow, 4000 baht is the same as rape. 10,000 must be a gang bang.

What's he going to call it when a Thai Sheila gets her hands on him and cons a house and car out of him?

?

but there is a line between getting ripped off and getting raped, 4000thb for a boat ride is rape

If they are your 'fine lines' then you will definitely never make it as a pilot. Heck you'd even struggle as a cabbie.

I'm sure any rape victim would rather pay 4000B than undergo a hideous ordeal.

I wanted to have had a real pop but as you're not a native English speaker, I'll just suggest you pick your terms with more care.

Read the reviews here, same experiences as mine. My taxi driver took me to the stall of a private boat owner. Apparently its what taxi drivers do, they dont directlyt take you to the market, but take you to a place so you have to hire a private boat. Of course they receive their hefty commision.

Didn't you think to yourself at any point: "Maybe I shouldn't take a taxi"; or "Maybe I should tell him to go straight to the market without stopping first" When you read these reviews? simple planning takes seconds. I hope you give more attention to any pre-flight checks you may have to make in the future....

OH, if only Taxi Cabs had a black box cabin voice box recorder.

Would there be any discrepancies between what we are being sold as the truth and the actual events as they unfolded.

Business opportunity?

Edited by His Masters Voice
  • Like 1

And I dont mind getting ripped off actually, but there is a line between getting ripped off and getting raped, 4000thb for a boat ride is rape.

I think a rape victim might disagree

Wow, 4000 baht is the same as rape. 10,000 must be a gang bang.

What's he going to call it when a Thai Sheila gets her hands on him and cons a house and car out of him?

?

She'd ask for it to be built in Khorat but it would probably end up being built in Keighley.....

I don't know where you were at the floating market but i go there at least twice a year with a group of students who conduct a survey with the tourist. There a sign and I believe a boat is 400 baht and one with a top for shade is 600 baht. Even that is high but so be it. You sure you didn't miss a O in the price.

No I didnt.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303902-d317729-Reviews-or40-Damnoen_Saduak_Floating_Market-Damnoen_Saduak_Ratchaburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

Read the reviews here, same experiences as mine. My taxi driver took me to the stall of a private boat owner. Apparently its what taxi drivers do, they dont directlyt take you to the market, but take you to a place so you have to hire a private boat. Of course they receive their hefty commision.

Didn't you think to yourself at any point: "Maybe I shouldn't take a taxi"; or "Maybe I should tell him to go straight to the market without stopping first" When you read these reviews? simple planning takes seconds. I hope you give more attention to any pre-flight checks you may have to make in the future....

I like doing things instantly, just like how I decided to go to Bangkok from Istanbul the same day.I like making my plans last minute, and today I had no plans to go to the floating market. Before hailing the cab, I didnt even know how far and where the floating market was, so when the cab quoted 1500thb for going and coming back I was like <deleted>, but gave in after he told me it was 100km away. Common sense, why would you plan your trip to a floating market, its a <deleted> floating market I thought. And I dont mind getting ripped off actually, but there is a line between getting ripped off and getting raped, 4000thb for a boat ride is rape.

Gosh, you are an impulsive person. Istanbul? As a pilot did you take off on your magic carpet? You only have yourself to blame for your predicaments.

2 questions; are you computer savvy? And can you speak even the basics of Thai language?

Firstly it only takes but a few moments to check these things out online. I never go anywhere I have not boldly gone where no naive farang has boldly gone before without prior checking the details online, so at least then I am armed with some knowledge of where I am heading and what`s involved. Once informed and if able to communicate in Thai, at least you would not come across as a gullible tourist and ensure you would obtained a reasonable deal. Otherwise what else do you expect?

• Like 2

Gosh, you are an impulsive person. Istanbul? As a pilot did you take off on your magic carpet? You only have yourself to blame for your predicaments.

I like doing things instantly, just like how I decided to go to Bangkok from Istanbul the same day.I like making my plans last minute, and today I had no plans to go to the floating market. Before hailing the cab, I didnt even know how far and where the floating market was, so when the cab quoted 1500thb for going and coming back I was like <deleted>, but gave in after he told me it was 100km away. Common sense, why would you plan your trip to a floating market, its a <deleted> floating market I thought. And I dont mind getting ripped off actually, but there is a line between getting ripped off and getting raped, 4000thb for a boat ride is rape.

2 questions; are you computer savvy? And can you speak even the basics of Thai language?

Firstly it only takes but a few moments to check these things out online. I never go anywhere I have not boldly gone where no naive farang has boldly gone before without prior checking the details online, so at least then I am armed with some knowledge of where I am heading and what`s involved. Once informed and if able to communicate in Thai, at least you would not come across as a gullible tourist and ensure you would obtained a reasonable deal. Otherwise what else do you expect?

What did you do before the age of the t'internet? stay in?

....and you want to be an airline pilot.....Saints preserve us.....

I dont want to be one, I will be one.

I read the reviews about it after the rip off attempt,

Not with those sort of preparation skills you won't. I doubt you'll even get past the first round of interviews.

The worst guy in my family who everyone thought was going to be nobody turned out to be an anesthesiologist, I'll turn out allrite dont worry bout that. I trust my genes

Your genes won't get you past your first Line Check ;-)

(And being able to spell correctly in the English language is a pretty good skill to have).

• Like 1

He might be able fly some paper airplanes

No I will brag about how I'm set for retirement in TV 20 years later to younger folks here .I will also say there is no way they can get a bird for free, the girls must be after their money. I will also brag about how my Isaan princess likes my buddha belly, and prefers mature old guys over younger ones.

pilots arnt on that much money my old mate,,

Not as much as I earn but not too shabby:

UK'S HIGHEST PAID WORKERS
  1. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers - £90,420
  2. Chief executives and senior officials - £81,521
  3. Air traffic controllers - £79,874
  4. Medical practitioners - £71,141
  5. Marketing and sales directors - £70,742
  6. Information technology and telecommunications directors - £64,511
  7. Financial managers and directors - £61,108
  8. Senior police officers - £57,896
  9. Financial institution managers and directors - £53,621
  10. Senior professionals of educational establishments - £50,367

Source: Office for National Statistics

• Like 1

The majority of Thais and taxi drivers will do you a good turn. Unfortunately these mugs that try these tricks on tourists give everyone a bad name.

I should also add that the majority of TVF posters are athletic, highly intelligent and attractive; just ask them.

• Like 1

Haha the usual guys bragging about int he other thread of being set to retire are trying to derail this thread. By the way I dont give market advise, people who usually are on the winning side dont have to smile.png

your english is horrific at best. which floating market is this? there are several.

not sure why others have jumped on you but you certainly do come off as easy prey.

Squeegee, on 19 Jan 2015 - 23:39, said:

Is Lukecan a previous, or a new one?

They all seem to merge into one internet entity after a while.

Seems like he's the re-incarnation of one of the Digital Pikeys.

Haha the usual guys bragging about int he other thread of being set to retire are trying to derail this thread. By the way I dont give market advise, people who usually are on the winning side dont have to smile.png

your english is horrific at best. which floating market is this? there are several.

not sure why others have jumped on you but you certainly do come off as easy prey.

He's not an NES. He does very well.