Floating market rip off

Lukecan

Haha the usual guys bragging about int he other thread of being set to retire are trying to derail this thread.

Once you've rattled their cage, they'll follow you around the forum filling thread after thread with their crap.

Gives them something to do, I guess.

I admire my grandfather when I see the gramps on this board haha. These gramps are the smartest gramps of them all, they research thoroughly before taking any small trip, and anyone falling for a tourist trap cannot fly an airplane and cannot live in Thailand permanently. To be able to qualify to live here, you need a buddha belly, and an Isaan princess that admires it.

Haha the usual guys bragging about int he other thread of being set to retire are trying to derail this thread.

Once you've rattled their cage, they'll follow you around the forum filling thread after thread with their crap.

I admire my grandfather when I see the gramps on this board haha. These gramps are the smartest gramps of them all, they research thoroughly before taking any small trip, and anyone falling for a tourist trap cannot fly an airplane and cannot live in Thailand permanently. To be able to qualify to live here, you need a buddha belly, and an Isaan princess that admires it.

You wait til they start telling you who's a real expat and who isn't.

Years ago the floating market was a genuine thriving Thai market...was a fun place to visit...

Now it is just another tourist trap in my opinion...took my son to see the market...the boat driver took us to several vendors (where he would get a commission if we bought something) and since we were not impressed with the Thai trinkets and refused to buy...he hustled back after a short ride...what a rip off...you were wise to stand your ground...you did not miss anything...

Luke is just one of those guys we all know that does not have the necessary skills to negotiate Thailand successfully.

Just a quick glance on his iPhone6 on Google when in the taxi, by typing "floating market trip advisor" would have told him all he needed to know.

Kind of like a pilot checking a map before he flies so he doesn't end up over the Ukraine airspace.

Using family success and graduating at the old age of 25 as some sort of barometer of intelligence is misleading at best.

Having to use Grinder Tinder to get a free date is not exactly bragging rights either. Neither is spending 895 on a breakfast at the JW Marriot.

Aim higher kid.

Haha I'm not the one bragging here.Check my other topic, bunch of people were bragging about their accomplishments there. You had the forex trader with george soros skills, the guy who had his personal assistant doing his chores for him, the oil and gas guy, the guy who was proud that he would retire at 50. But when I'm forced to say that I can get girls easily on tinder I'm bragging right? By the way I'm forced to go to J.W Mariott, al the breakfeast places around nana are crap.

as a young man uninterested in the bar girl scene, what the hell are you doing around nana at breakfast time?

• Like 1

one would almost think youre speaking from experience.

Luke is just one of those guys we all know that does not have the necessary skills to negotiate Thailand successfully.

Just a quick glance on his iPhone6 on Google when in the taxi, by typing "floating market trip advisor" would have told him all he needed to know.

Kind of like a pilot checking a map before he flies so he doesn't end up over the Ukraine airspace.

Using family success and graduating at the old age of 25 as some sort of barometer of intelligence is misleading at best.

Having to use Grinder Tinder to get a free date is not exactly bragging rights either. Neither is spending 895 on a breakfast at the JW Marriot.

Aim higher kid.

Haha I'm not the one bragging here.Check my other topic, bunch of people were bragging about their accomplishments there. You had the forex trader with george soros skills, the guy who had his personal assistant doing his chores for him, the oil and gas guy, the guy who was proud that he would retire at 50. But when I'm forced to say that I can get girls easily on tinder I'm bragging right? By the way I'm forced to go to J.W Mariott, al the breakfeast places around nana are crap.

as a young man uninterested in the bar girl scene, what the hell are you doing around nana at breakfast time?

Getting breakfast?

no but it would at least help to know how to plan a short trip so you wont waste all that time and taxifare. btw; would you like to buy some sapphires.? they come with a written guarantee and you can sell them for megaprofits back home.

Aim higher kid.

Getting breakfast?

he travelled all the way to nana to get breakfast in an area that serves crap breakfasts? thats even crazier than the floating market excursion. this guy needs a guide.

Getting breakfast?

he travelled all the way to nana to get breakfast in an area that serves crap breakfasts? thats even crazier than the floating market excursion. this guy needs a guide.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that maybe he was staying in the area.

Aim higher kid.

Check my old topic, I was looking for a studio for 30k baht a month at a decent place, took one of the recommendations in the topic and checked in at Omni. This is a such a crap neighborhood its unbelievable, I miss my siam hotel room.

Oh, Luke. If you only knew...

Here's some more free advice. You don't need Tinder.

If you are young and reasonable looking, head to any make-up counter in any mall, smile and say you are "buying perfume for your Mom". Within 1 hour you will be smelling sweet and have 10 numbers in your phone (you know, that one with Google on it?). Much better than sifting through the dodgy profiles on Tinder.

...just be careful of the ladyboys. They can look good from far...but far from good.

...and the Landmark breakfast (about same price as JW) on the outside area is much better view, watching the bow legged girls wandering back to the BTS at 10am...

It's the small things Luke.

• Like 2

Oh, Luke. If you only knew...

Here's some more free advice. You don't need Tinder.

If you are young and reasonable looking, head to any make-up counter in any mall, smile and say you are "buying perfume for your Mom". Within 1 hour you will be smelling sweet and have 10 numbers in your phone (you know, that one with Google on it?). Much better than sifting through the dodgy profiles on Tinder.

...just be careful of the ladyboys. They can look good from far...but far from good.

...and the Landmark breakfast (about same price as JW) on the outside area is much better view, watching the bow legged girls wandering back to the BTS at 10am...

It's the small things Luke.

Thanks sir for the advise I will definitely look into it. I'm trying to learn something from experienced expats like you, but I hate when people try to derail my threads.

Getting breakfast?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that maybe he was staying in the area.

kinda my point pal!!

2fishin2, on 20 Jan 2015 - 10:46, said:

Why do you csuckers love to jump on people when they have bad experiences? Just because you know these ripoffs exist doesnt make you superior and give you the right to make fun of peoples bad luck and experiences. Grow up you old bastards!

You don't even know the difference between a lobster and a crayfish. Go and play with your rod.

• Like 1

Why do you csuckers love to jump on people when they have bad experiences? Just because you know these ripoffs exist doesnt make you superior and give you the right to make fun of peoples bad luck and experiences. Grow up you old bastards!

I think they do it to make themselves feel better about their lives.

• Like 1

I think they do it to make themselves feel better about their lives.

Actually, in my case it was doctors orders!

post-54430-0-47689400-1421726589_thumb.p

Well said. !

Now who are we yelling at? Old people?

• Like 1

Luke, there is only one good thing about Nana...actually 2.

First is the Big Dog Bar on the outside corner, where if you get a railing seat, you can watch the Japanese men try and sneak Ladyboys out before 8pm in the evening pretending they are not with them...

That never get's old.

And then, there is the Nana burger from that little red van outside Nana Plaza. The TBO (The Big One) is pretty decent.

But Nana Plaza itself is a wasteland...at least for me. I avoid it at all costs. Worth a look if you've never been in there before, but just as a human oddity.

Is that midget lady still dancing at Lollipop? That was pretty funny after a few beers. Like I said...it's the little things.

• Like 2

Luke, there is only one good thing about Nana...actually 2.

First is the Big Dog Bar on the outside corner, where if you get a railing seat, you can watch the Japanese men try and sneak Ladyboys out before 8pm in the evening pretending they are not with them...

That never get's old.

And then, there is the Nana burger from that little red van outside Nana Plaza. The TBO (The Big One) is pretty decent.

But Nana Plaza itself is a wasteland...at least for me. I avoid it at all costs. Worth a look if you've never been in there before, but just as a human oddity.

Is that midget lady still dancing at Lollipop? That was pretty funny after a few beers. Like I said...it's the little things.

That midget will probably take a real shining to Luke ;)