Tutoring schools in Thailand to face taxation

webfact

Tutoring schools to face taxation

20-1-2558-11-02-47-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Office of the Private Education Commission has proposed the government to collect tax from tutoring schools.

Secretary-general to the commission Mr Bundit Siphutthankun said he would press ahead with the tax collection as this would contribute to an improved standard of tutoring schools.

He said now the proposal is pending on tabling on the agenda of the Cabinet meeting today.

He said the commission has already consulted relevant agencies such as the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Ministry of Commerce and the Office of the Council of State, and they agreed to the proposal.

Under the proposal, the collection rate will be considered by the Ministry of Finance, which will categorise the schools into juristic persons and natural persons.

Collection of tax from the roughly 2,300 tutoring schools nationwide would improve the quality of teaching, he believed.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tutoring-schools-face-taxation

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-20

Drive to tax tutoring schools making progress

BANGKOK, 20 January 2015 (NNT) – The Office of the Private Education Commission has insisted that it will press ahead with its proposal for the government to tax tutoring schools, as it believes doing so would contribute to an improved standard for the establishments.

According to Bundit Siphutthankun, secretary-general to the commission, the proposal is awaiting being included in the agenda of the Cabinet meeting. The commission has already consulted relevant agencies such as the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Ministry of Commerce and the Office of the Council of State, said Mr. Bundit. The proposal calls for income tax to be collected from all tutoring schools. Mr. Bundit said the collection rate will be considered by the Ministry of Finance, which will categorize the entities into juristic persons and natural persons.

Collection of tax from the roughly 2,300 tutoring schools nationwide would improve the quality of teaching, added Mr. Bundit.

xnntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rqyBfPGGLwmWW5
-- NNT 2015-01-20 footer_n.gif.pagespeed.ce.3uNL2Gw0hNe_jl

I agree they should be taxed, but how tax improves teaching is beyond me.

While they are at it, they should perhaps do a financial audit of the multitude of agents (providing teachers to schools) out there,and their customers, the school directors. I am pretty sure a review will find many a skeleton in many agents and school directors closets.

the only students that go to them are trying to improve their knowledge so they can gain university entrance into their chosen fields, all this will do is add an extra financial burden the their parents as the schools will pass this straight on. They should call it as it is, another grab for extra cash for the govt, it has nothing to do with improving teaching at all as it will punish those trying to better themselves because the govt schools do such a crappy job of teaching, if they want to learn they have to attend outside classes

• Like 1

As a result there will be less in operation, and taxes payed will drive them to increase the cost of courses, resulting in less students interested in enrolling. Yeah, gonna improve quality tenfold. Step one, dismiss this moron from his position. Talking tax is one thing- the quality though is entirely something different.

• Like 1

While they are at it, they should perhaps do a financial audit of the multitude of agents (providing teachers to schools) out there,and their customers, the school directors. I am pretty sure a review will find many a skeleton in many agents and school directors closets.

Many, if not most, of those agents are not licensed by the Ministry of Education. The few that are are licensed as language schools. Although tutorial and language schools are both category 15/2 non-formal schools, they are registered differently. Tutorial schools, not language schools, will be affected by this change.

Many, if not most, of those agents are not licensed by the Ministry of Education. The few that are are licensed as language schools. Although tutorial and language schools are both category 15/2 non-formal schools, they are registered differently. Tutorial schools, not language schools, will be affected by this change.

We know; hence the term tutoring schools.

Edited by gemini81

<<<<Secretary-general to the commission Mr Bundit Siphutthankun said he would press

ahead with the tax collection as this would contribute to an improved standard of tutoring schools.>>> Quote

Above should read: Secretary-general to the commission Mr Bundit Siphutthankun said he would press ahead with the tax collection as this would contribute to an improved standard of tutoring schools the folks at the cash trough!smile.png

• Like 1

<<<<Secretary-general to the commission Mr Bundit Siphutthankun said he would press

ahead with the tax collection as this would contribute to an improved standard of tutoring schools.>>> Quote

Above should read: Secretary-general to the commission Mr Bundit Siphutthankun said he would press ahead with the tax collection as this would contribute to an improved standard of tutoring schools the folks at the cash trough!smile.png

Legal theft goes back to the Egyptians. Just sucks if you & your family aren't at the top enjoying the spoils!

Agree with Dean...

No complaint about pulling tax exempt status, but completely clueless as how paying taxes will directly increase the quality of teaching???

How are these 2 things linked?

Glued with Thainess clap2.gifclap2.gif