Dispute With Thai Neighbour

ZZZ

Gregers Moller - your eforts in trying to secure the release on bail of James Christensen are truly admirable and I sincerely wish you the very best.......but TIT.....and if you are able to find the money there's more than a possibility that whatever the eventual outcome of the case may be.....the money will not be returned to the sureties.

If it was the other way round......and a Thai had apparently wronged Mr. Christensen.....do you think for one moment he or she would be up for a similar amount?

I don't think so!

Anyway, very best wishes....a truly shocking case.

Cases like this make my blood boil.

Edited by bulmercke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregers Moller - your eforts in trying to secure the release on bail of James Christensen are truly admirable and I sincerely wish you the very best.......but TIT.....and if you are able to find the money there's more than a possibility that whatever the eventual outcome of the case may be.....the money will not be returned to the sureties.

If it was the other way round......and a Thai had apparently wronged Mr. Christensen.....do you think for one moment he or she would be up for a similar amount?

I don't think so!

Anyway, very best wishes....a truly shocking case.

Cases like this make my blood boil.

And you haven't got that (Cases like this make my blood boil) on your own !! :o

• 2 weeks later...
James Christensen Released

By Morten Perregaard

The happy James Christensen was met by Gregers Moller outside the iron gates of the prison in Langsuan.

James Christensen's release was witnessed by a Danish film crew, which is in Langsuan to poduce a documentary about the bizarre case.

James Christensen, the 44 year old Dane who was jailed for 10 years in August, was yesterday released on bail. The bail was handed in to the court in Langsuan by Gregers Moller, the publisher of ScandAsia, on behalf of all the contributors.

The amount of 600.000 baht had been pieced together by contributions from 45 Danish, Swedish and Norwegian concerned individuals living in Thailand and Denmark, including a last minute major contribution from James Christensen’s mother. Throughout the case, James' sister, Eva Behring had made a tremendous effort in drawing the Danish media's attention to her brothers case.

Full Story

scandasia have campaigned for him for a long time.

it shows how professional journalists can have an effect in bringing suspect judgements to a wider audience and to the notice of the authorities.

thats what newspapers and journalists are for.

well done.

scandasia have campaigned for him for a long time.

it shows how professional journalists can have an effect in bringing suspect judgements to a wider audience and to the notice of the authorities.

thats what newspapers and journalists are for.

well done.

Well done indeed.

What with this and the advent of the Internet, shady Thai justice will be brought to the World's attention.

When I came here 10 years ago nobody dare criticise anything Thai as it meant big problems. Now, people go home, get on the net and can say what they like about Tuk Tuks, Taxis, Dodgy hotels etc. etc.

Whatever their tourist arrivals are year on year, they are always a good deal less than they should be!

• 3 months later...

"None of the seven dogs he took care of before his arrest, has survived the last two years. They were poisoned shortly after his arrest and his house was emptied and rented out again. "

I'm sure there will be justice concearning this too... :o