Extending the Validity does not work anymore on Truemove SIM Card

SymS

I've had a Truemove SIM card for a few years, and to extend validity I used to either top-up the card, or call *9344 and pay 3 Baht + VAT to get 30 extra days.
But the number now fails with a message in Thai, I've been told explains how to upgrade to Truemove S (must be H?) with *989#23203.
I've also tried the code *934# provided @ http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630471-extending-the-validity-of-your-truemove-sim-card/page-3, but my phone reports "NO MATCHING SERVICE FOR THIS CODE".
I understand Truemove H is for internet access, what would happen if I upgrade from Truemove to Truemove H.
Will it cost extra? Will I be able to extend validity?

I believe the new policy is a top up of any amount will extend your validity for 30 day...

You can top up multiple times for small amounts and build up a validity of 365 days...

If you have online banking top up for 50 baht and you should get an extra 30 days validity...

Or go to any 7-11... outside you will see a orange computer kiosk like a small ATM machine...

you can use that machine to top up say 10 baht plus a 2 baht fee (so have 12 baht ready) for an additional 30 days

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 2

The *934# code is only for True Move H so you'll need to upgrade to use it.

I had a True Move Inter sim for several years as a second sim and only really used it for the occasional cheap call back to the UK. Simply increasing my credit all the time just to extend the validity wasn't an option and True said the only oyher option was to upgrade to True Move H and pay 3 baht to extend for 30 days via the *934# system.

The only downside I found is the international calls now cost 3 baht per minute instead of the 1 baht pm they used to cost. Local call costs haven't changed.

I bought a True Move Inter SIm in 2011. They stopped it once and kept my money (around B500) so I went to the True Move Shop and they tried to tell me that it had expired(untrue). Then they said they could not find the records so I reminded them that due to a change in the Law they could not stop service and keep the money. After speaking to head office they restored my service and later I was credited with B1,200. However, the new system means that you have to top up each month by a minimal amount (say B50) in order to extend the service by one month. If you do not I suppose that you may lose service but by law they cannot keep your money but they will still try.

I have True Move H on another phone but the True InterSim allows me to call the UK and Australia for B1/minute so that I can talk to my mother for 60 minutes for B60 instead of B180. The trouble is that they keep giving me bonuses of around B8/B80 used so that the call to the UK is effectively only B0.9/minute. Service is good even though it goes by Internet

I bought a True Move Inter SIm in 2011. They stopped it once and kept my money (around B500) so I went to the True Move Shop and they tried to tell me that it had expired(untrue). Then they said they could not find the records so I reminded them that due to a change in the Law they could not stop service and keep the money. After speaking to head office they restored my service and later I was credited with B1,200. However, the new system means that you have to top up each month by a minimal amount (say B50) in order to extend the service by one month. If you do not I suppose that you may lose service but by law they cannot keep your money but they will still try.

I have True Move H on another phone but the True InterSim allows me to call the UK and Australia for B1/minute so that I can talk to my mother for 60 minutes for B60 instead of B180. The trouble is that they keep giving me bonuses of around B8/B80 used so that the call to the UK is effectively only B0.9/minute. Service is good even though it goes by Internet

Well done keeping the InterSim and the super cheap 1 baht international calls.

I was warned that the service was going to be cancelled and I upgraded to a TeueMove 'H' for free whoopee.

Of course the Junta blocked that cancellation and now I have to pay 3 baht too.

For those of you who didn't get the memo, truemove has for the most part ceased operations They have requested that all their customers move to the new carrier, truemove H which is a cat reseller.

This is due to spectrum licensing issues. I'm surprised they even allow you to use that sim at this point.

True H have Inter SIMs, so I don't understand the issue. Also, if one wants to top up a lesser amount than 50 baht for any reason, they are often MyPay or other types of machine outside 'convenience' shops which facilitate such a service. Top up from 10 baht.

Issue deals with Truemove SIM which is now antiquated. OP must move to Truemove H or other valid carrier (like DTAC or AIS or one of the newer virtual carriers) using number portability application.

Shouldn't take more than a couple days at worst and the old SIM just goes dead when the new SIM goes live.

Truemove and Truemove H are two different carriers. Yes, confusing.

True H have Inter SIMs, so I don't understand the issue. Also, if one wants to top up a lesser amount than 50 baht for any reason, they are often MyPay or other types of machine outside 'convenience' shops which facilitate such a service. Top up from 10 baht.

Issue deals with Truemove SIM which is now antiquated. OP must move to Truemove H or other valid carrier (like DTAC or AIS or one of the newer virtual carriers) using number portability application.

Shouldn't take more than a couple days at worst and the old SIM just goes dead when the new SIM goes live.

Truemove and Truemove H are two different carriers. Yes, confusing.

I'm not confused. The OP appears to be worried about having to pay more. But that is not the case.

Hello

What a shiiite business, truemove, trueH, I just call them retardedtrue !!!

Their registration system does not work on android application and website, and they cannot register even at he shop.

They really know nothing, I hate them, they are just monkeys compared to 12call or dtac.

Also, it seems not possible to extend for more than 3 months when paying 10 baht many times at the orange BOOTERM machine in front of 7/11.

What is the maximum validity you got by paying any other way ?

Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback. I've proceeded with the update using the USSD code *989#, and received a message saying I'll get an SMS within 24-hour.

I'll try again to extend validity in a few days.

Also, it seems not possible to extend for more than 3 months when paying 10 baht many times at the orange BOOTERM machine in front of 7/11.

Thank you.

It will only show a maximum of three months validity but, if by topping up or using the ssd code you should be entitled to more time you won't lose it, the validity will automatically be topped up as you eat into that three months. Not sure if tops up on a daily, weekly or monthly basis though.

Hello

What a shiiite business, truemove, trueH, I just call them retardedtrue !!!

Their registration system does not work on android application and website, and they cannot register even at he shop.

They really know nothing, I hate them, they are just monkeys compared to 12call or dtac.

Thank you.

I have topped up multiple times via a combonation of the 7-11 machines and BKK Bank and have validity until Jan 7 2016

If you want long term validity, go with dtac. They allow you to buy validity. For me i need it for k cyber internet banking when back in the UK. Had the same dtac number sim for a couple of years now spending alot of time outside the country . Low hassel.

Edited by MaiChai

Ensure most the credit is gone .. it seems that when you change from one company to the other both with True in the name you get truely stuffed and lose it. But it gets worse ..

Buy a true online package with Mobile and you get a reasonable deal . except when paying by Direct debit you need to set up TWO direct debits as the true online True is different from the True H mobile .. but they do not tell you that in the shop .. then you get two bills that arrive late and you have to chase them ... and what a great excuse to visit Central Festival CM true shop and see the customer service girl with the great smile / frown and dancing eyebrows .. and her hot boss!

hope there is an issue next month so I can go in again :-)

I was warned that the service was going to be cancelled and I upgraded to a TeueMove 'H' for free whoopee.

why dont you buy a new sim ??

and forget the old upgraded H one ??

Ensure most the credit is gone .. it seems that when you change from one company to the other both with True in the name you get truely stuffed and lose it.

I retained all my credit when I changed from True to TrueH.

It was completely free (new SIM card included) and took a minute or two in the True shop.

I even got a couple of months free data as a gift.

If you want long term validity, go with dtac. They allow you to buy validity.

So does TrueH.

Validity extension via the USSD code works just fine and is billed at 3B per 30 days.

But they should introduce a system whereby you can just pay 30-40B for an entire year in one go as the monthly thing is a pain.

I don't believe they sell the InterSims now, the ones with the 1 baht international calls.

So there would be no advantage and the disadvantage of changing number. It is my secondary phone anyhow.

I don't believe they sell the InterSims now, the ones with the 1 baht international calls.

So there would be no advantage and the disadvantage of changing number. It is my secondary phone anyhow.

They give them away for free...

post-25153-0-45270300-1422058632_thumb.j

post-25153-0-48017200-1422059117_thumb.j

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu
  • Like 1

searching just now got this page with many useful codes for all 3 thai carriers, havent tried them http://thaiprepaidcard.com/ussd-keypress-codes/

but this one for true looks like a typo

Extend Validity – Call: *9344imgPhone.gif (3 baht per call)

try *934#imgPhone.gif as noted above here

I've used *9344 for a few years. It's not a code like the other in your link. You just need listen to the instructions online to update it.

I tried to upgrade to Truemove H with *989#, but after three days I'm still with Truemove. I'll need to find time to go to some True customer center. Finally, I ended up extending my validity for three months with the orange machine (3x 12 Baht) outside a small Tesco Lotus.