Replacing lost Thai ID card - Udon Thani

smellyskater

Good evening all,

I'm trying to help a friend who has lost an ID card and needs it replacing.

I've read in several posts that a quick visit to the local office will get a replacement. (Post are also somewhat dated too.) However, my "friend" doesn't seen to believe it's that easy. Not being from udon City she believes she has to return all the way into the sticks to the original office where she is from.

Please could someone highlight the steps and procedure for getting a replacement ID card in Udon Thani?

Thanks for the help

• Like 1

Some data is not on computer yet , if not then she will have to go back to where she was born , And if no data there she will have to find some one, who will vouch for her to say they know her, family, old neighbour, This is where money usually crosses hands.

Edited by Thongkorn
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update for anyone that needs to search for this.

Seems it was pretty straight forward and once people had been there to witness her being her and showed the house book there wasn't a problem. Waited around for a bit then got issued a card. Bing bang - done.

Out of interest.... What can someone do with a lost/stolen ID card anyway? Seems not much. With the system they have for getting someone you know and the house book, which doesnt look too hard to forge, couldn't you pretend to be someone else?

Thanks again for all the help