best way to invest 4m. invest in condo ?

Amergold has such small profit margins, they cant take credit cards.

Money orders only.

Ever heard on paper gold? One gram notes of pure gold.

The disscussion about selling a bouse and investing in Thai

property, from a couple of days ago, suggested to rent your house at home,

then RENT in Thailand!!

"Good enough" condo location in Thailand currently costs 150kTHB/m2 or more, both in Pattaya and Bangkok.

With 4 - 5 MTHB you'll get at most 27-33 m2, i.e. most likely a studio or small 1BR.

I know nothing about Bangkok and I dont want to know, but this is certainly not the case in Pattaya.

Yes it is.

"Good enough" in Pattaya means on the beach. Literally on the beach.

The OP was asking about investment, not about throwing money away.

Can't find that small units in Pattaya beachfront developments today, so Bangkok is a better bet with limited money.

"Good enough" condo location in Thailand currently costs 150kTHB/m2 or more, both in Pattaya and Bangkok.

With 4 - 5 MTHB you'll get at most 27-33 m2, i.e. most likely a studio or small 1BR.

I know nothing about Bangkok and I dont want to know, but this is certainly not the case in Pattaya.

Yes it is.

Can't find that small units in Pattaya beachfront developments today, so Bangkok is a better bet with limited money.

Maybe you are talking about some other Pattaya that I don't know. You certainly aren't talking about where I live.

It is a great idea, but the housing market is a great return, i am doing it in 3 different areas in Pattaya, I rent mine out from 35,000 baht - 60,000 baht a month, they basically paid them selves off within 3 years, just get it in a good area, beach road is the prime location, 4-5M baht is perfect, and really make the unit or units shine, do not get a studio they are rented out for 15K a month and are not worth it, the best is a house in east pattaya, all the falangs are wanting good houses in that area.

Let me know if you need any help, I have friends in the property business and also we can get you into a house under your own name, none of this Thai has to own it bullshit, drop me a line if you have any questions.

Jay.

• Like 1

Kudos to you sir, you came to the right conclusion ... and quickly.

It is alarming how many people choose condo's as an investment and have no idea why.

(1) Investors must clearly know their goal. If it is 100% to grow their money ... wow, there are lots of ways faster and with less risk.

(2) Timeline ... IE, can you just park XXX M for a long time and are sure you will not need it?

(3) Lots of people forget currency risk. It is quite easy to see a 10% change in currency over two years, and if one is on the wrong side of that equation ... the "10% gain" in the property is erased.

In short, there are very strong companies paying good dividends, stocks that go up quite nicely and are not hard to pinpoint, and best of all ... unlike property that takes forever to flip and has high commissions (and tons of stress) ... a person can buy a stock and sell it ten minutes later if they choose to do so.

I sold a lot of property, but when my girlfriand asked what she should do with 5 Million THB, I put her in a stock, and sold it for 6.25 Million 60 days later.

The only reason to buy property ... is to live in it.

Sir

You have to be the canniest invester on the whole planet

You can double your investment every 240 days

Can you also stick a pineapple up your arse without gurning lol

• Like 1

The best way to make 4 million in Thailand ...is to invest 8 million. whistling.gif ...meaning the OP made the right decision not to invest yet in a condo..could be a good idea..depends on knowing the market..and buying a good deal..

I expect a financial crash this year...so don't put your money in banks..buy gold & silver and / or farmland somewhere.

Am I missing something ?

How can he buy farm land in Thailand?

He is not a Thai

He is a tourist

It is a great idea, but the housing market is a great return, i am doing it in 3 different areas in Pattaya, I rent mine out from 35,000 baht - 60,000 baht a month, they basically paid them selves off within 3 years, just get it in a good area, beach road is the prime location, 4-5M baht is perfect, and really make the unit or units shine, do not get a studio they are rented out for 15K a month and are not worth it, the best is a house in east pattaya, all the falangs are wanting good houses in that area.

Let me know if you need any help, I have friends in the property business and also we can get you into a house under your own name, none of this Thai has to own it bullshit, drop me a line if you have any questions.

Jay.

Only the house can be legally owned, the land must be leased. At the end of the lease the land reverts back to the Thai owner along with everything on it including the house!

GOLD . sounds the ticket, i might have to do some homework here. which online site is best and secure ? cheers,

I am not promoting or endorsing any of these sites...however...their is a wealth of useful information to be had by perusing their info...(helpful hint...look for free shipping and a low rate for storage...as a start)

This is a random order and not prioritized: This should get you started...don't be afraid to follow some of the links suggested by these sites:

kingworldnews.com

Kitco.com (they have a free app that allows you to see the price of precious metals on your laptop or smart phone in real-time)

caseyresearch.com/gsd

hiddensecretsofmoney.com/

goldseek.com

JMbullion.com

Gata.org (This site has scores of links you could take a look at)

Please understand that most all investments are essentially gambling...Gold's high so far was almost $2,000 per ounce...and the low was $1,140 per once just as recently as last Oct...this is a strategic long term investment...a hedge against inflation and the devaluation of fiat currency (paper money printed with no real value other than the perceived value given it by governments to the naïve public)...

There is ample proof that governments manipulate the price of gold as they are afraid that if not manipulated and left free to follow the real gold market...it would go much higher than it is today and crush their near worthless paper money and economies...

Good Luck Friend....(If you have any more questions...contact me by personal message on this site)...by the way...I am retired and have no financial interest in any transactions you may consider when buying your precious metals...

What a load of crap

There is not enough gold in the world to <deleted> one single Major market

Let alone the whole world market

Jay.

Lol

You sure talk some bull

So you got a 33% return on your condo investments

Billy Bullshitter

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes it is.

I have a 145sqm prime beachfront condo. High floor, direct beach view in Jomtien.

It'll be snowing in Pattaya before that sells for 150K Baht per meter or 21,750,000 baht.

I will sell it for that price if you PM me, I'll even throw in the chanote titled, privately owned parking space for free.

Jay.

I smell bull sh i t here..lol. 1. Astronomical numbers. 2. get into house in foreigners own name.....hahahaha!

Scam alert, Scam alert!

Edited by Rajhulmaheesh
  • Like 1

Jay.

Really..?Gotta share with the other thread, about investing r.e. funds in Thailand

Aloha and thanks..

I have cheap land on Hawaii Island, high altitude, above the gold Kona Coast..

I invite p.m's also

[quote name="maynard420" post="8968720" Gold is never the 'ticket'

Could be a hedge.

Silver, Palladium, Platinum was very low once..

I bought some gold @396.00. Now its pretty high!!

Thanks for the warnings guys..Good Guys..!!

Aloha

I have been browsing this market for over 6 years thinking the same at the beginning. (I stopped @ several sites before and after construction) , I have never bought anything reason is:

low quality, sink fund is stolen from owners, thais don't fix problems unless they are affected badly , don't clean or remove trash(they even throw trash from Windows from high Floors with risk to kill someone ) , karaoke at 3 am, gun shots,children noise from swimming pool, drugs cartels,robberies,...

even if you are lucky to find a good place , there is no guarantee that the place doesn't turn into hell after a few years.

in the other hand you can invest in bonds, commodities, .... and make a nice 5 to 7 percents annual return , tax free and no hassles.

with the money earned, rent! (and enjoy your hassle free life), if you rent from Thais, you can get a little nice house for 8k/month.

Edited by VIPinthailand

The best way to make 4 million in Thailand ...is to invest 8 million. whistling.gif ...meaning the OP made the right decision not to invest yet in a condo..could be a good idea..depends on knowing the market..and buying a good deal..

I expect a financial crash this year...so don't put your money in banks..buy gold & silver and / or farmland somewhere.

Am I missing something ?

How can he buy farm land in Thailand?

He is not a Thai

He is a tourist

I said somewhere..meaning not Thailand!

DirtyCash,

You need to understand a few things, and only you know the answers.

What is, in your opinion, a "good return" percentage?

What is your timeline to hit your goal?

How much risk can you absorb to achieve those returns?

Are you going to use the THB to invest, and then take those returns in the THB ... or is there currency conversion risk?

It is absurd for people to lend investing advice to anyone, or for you to take it, if you do not understand your goals, risk profile and timeline.

Since your name is "DirtyCash" ... it gives me a clue ... but would rather hear it from you.

I have spent a hell of a long time managing money and investments, and until a client really understood what they really wanted and were willing to risk ... no investment advice could be given.

As to the Gold Bugs giving you advice, please go to http://www.goldpricethai.com/charts.php?type=10-year and try and guess how many of them are "in the money."

DirtyCash,

Are you going to use the THB to invest, and then take those returns in the THB ... or is there currency conversion risk?

It is absurd for people to lend investing advice to anyone, or for you to take it, if you do not understand your goals, risk profile and timeline.

Since your name is "DirtyCash" ... it gives me a clue ... but would rather hear it from you.

I have spent a hell of a long time managing money and investments, and until a client really understood what they really wanted and were willing to risk ... no investment advice could be given.

As to the Gold Bugs giving you advice, please go to http://www.goldpricethai.com/charts.php?type=10-year and try and guess how many of them are "in the money."

well , i am allways looking for some ways to invest in something , after reading about gold i dont think it would be a good decision as it seems too difficult to sell back , i could be wrong and certainly no expert , thai gold graph gives it an increase of way more than double in 10 years but it is falling again. i would just let it sit in thai bank whichever gives best return. i would be willing to throw 5m into something for 5 years but what ? can i ask you since you seem to know a bit about gold , my wife has around 30 baht in thai gold , necklaces and rings etc all of it bought over the last 8 years , i do not understand what in the world she will do with it all , i ask her and she says she keeps it for our daughter , fair enough but what will our daughter sell it for or to whom ?

Edited by dirtycash

DirtyCash,

Talking goals, risk profile and timeline to someone who is expecting the end of the world any time now, soon, next week, month, whatever, is a labour of Sisyphus. How many times have we all spoken to retired guys in Thailand with limited income putting whatever savings they have into PMs and living on squeezed budgets.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes it is.

I have a 145sqm prime beachfront condo. High floor, direct beach view in Jomtien.

It'll be snowing in Pattaya before that sells for 150K Baht per meter or 21,750,000 baht.

I will sell it for that price if you PM me, I'll even throw in the chanote titled, privately owned parking space for free.

If you own a condo literally on the beach, i.e. the condo development's land either includes OR directly borders a proper beach without any road or similar in-between, then I congratulate you to owning a good asset!

That's one of the types of asset I'd recommend the OP to invest in, perhaps he should contact you then! :-)

Edited by Globalist

Don't waste your time in spain I've had a place in the market for ages

Currently property in Spain is selling like pancakes, but of course not at prices similar to 6 years ago, but rather at bank repossessed prices as a99az mentions.

So probably your place is above that price.

I know many people who have bought a property in Spain lately, and wouldn't have thought about that 6 years ago, and according to them there is still a lot available to pick up.