Racist Bangkok taxi driver doesn't accept Japanese passengers

webfact

hansgruber, on 21 Jan 2015 - 15:16, said:

Everyone has a right to refuse service.

I've seen worse. Anti Israel sign on Phi Phi island saying "Israeli not welcome at this hotel".

Another bar in Phuket has "No Africa man allowed"

I'm not full up on Thai law, but certainly, in Australia, a taxi driver would lose his licence for such behaviour.

It's doesn't matter where you go in the world racism exists ... such is generally caused by ignorance but in this case by those refusing to accept that anything is wrong and who continue to believe Thailand is the perfect country ... it's a bit rich considering most of them couldn't tell you where the US or the UK are on the world map and where few have ever ventured outside.

What they need to do is to learn to take criticism and do something constructive with it ... that is to learn by mistakes made and make the system better ... I'm guessing that is not within the remit of the Thainess campaign.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's doesn't matter where you go in the world racism exists ... such is generally caused by ignorance but in this case by those refusing to accept that anything is wrong and who continue to believe Thailand is the perfect country ... it's a bit rich considering most of them couldn't tell you where the US or the UK are on the world map and where few have ever ventured outside.

Why would they need to venture outside? I mean everything they could ever want is within the borders of Thailand, the greatest country on earth....

Well, I'm an American who lived in Japan for 20 years, and I wish I had a nickel for every Japanese taxi driver who refused to pick ME up!

Really? I lived there 10 years, used taxis daily and never once got refused. Where did you live and do you speak Japanese?

Maybe the Japs don't like Yanks ! whistling.gif

• Like 2

Thats OK Let him display his sign in his Taxi Now what Everyone should do and I mean everyone is boycott this baby.

Everyone who see's this sign should not hire him for a fair

Let him know this is unacceptable behavior SHAME ON YOU MR. TAXI Driver

I've seen worse. Anti Israel sign on Phi Phi island saying "Israeli not welcome at this hotel".

In Bangkok is a hostel near Khaosan Road who says "For Israelis only".

• Like 1

Prayuth Thainese does not mean that Thais should be looked down by Farang like Japanese.

There are pride in every Thais.

If Japs make Thai loose their jobs, they have tthe right to stand up and fight for his/her freedom.

Viva le Siam.

Please tell me this post is a joke.

But, anyhow. I say let the taxi drivers dig their own grave. The cost of taxis in Japan, who the Japanese exclude in Japan, and so on are all irrelevant.

I'm just enjoying watching these taxi mouthbreathers look more and more foolish, while the clowns in charge do nothing. Carry on.

Two things, why didn't the person taking the photo also take a photo of the car, and second, that is not racist that is called my choice in Thailand, They are allowed to insult any body, but you are not allowed to insult them, no real news here.

• Like 2

Correct me if I am wrong but is there not or was there a Japanese only Soi next to PatPong? caters to thai ladies for Japanese only. If anyone else goes there they will not serve you.

Haha, true that. But its apples and oranges I think. Soi Thaniya is not exactly a "public service" sector, although it may seem like it!

Sorry I don't understand apples and oranges. If it is not a public service sector what is it?

Isn't it apples and bananas... thumbsup.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well, I'm an American who lived in Japan for 20 years, and I wish I had a nickel for every Japanese taxi driver who refused to pick ME up!

Really? I lived there 10 years, used taxis daily and never once got refused. Where did you live and do you speak Japanese?

Maybe the Japs don't like Yanks ! alt=whistling.gif>

yea, they also don't have much love lost for Brits of Australians....

Maybe the Japs don't like Yanks ! alt=whistling.gif>

yea, they also don't have much love lost for Brits of Australians....

I'm English and didn't find that to be the case at all.

What a bunch of cry- babies!

Unbelievable!

This country get's dumber by the minute!

...and proud of it, they are!

Funny you draw this conclusion as the driver was fined 1000 baht and banned from picking up fares at the airport; and the one taxi related official, the head of some driver association, disapproved of the action. But continue on...I'm sorry I had to interrupt with some facts your Thai-bashing rant.

I stayed at a hotel in Nha Trang years ago that would not allow Israelis to stay there. I asked the boss lady why and she said they are too much trouble, don't need the headache. And they try to haggle the room price down to nothing. biggrin.png

I stayed at a hotel in Nha Trang years ago that would not allow Israelis to stay there. I asked the boss lady why and she said they are too much trouble, don't need the headache. And they try to haggle the room price down to nothing. alt=biggrin.png>

They certainly as a nationality aren't on the top of any ones list of favourites...there seems to be a pattern, not just isolated incidents as to why Israelis are shunned in many places....

and the accusations of me being an anti semite will start in 3....2.....1

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 2

They should expand more......

No British, No Americans, no other Europeans allowed.........except Greeks.

So they could all go back to Issan and live a happy life thereafter, eating and drinking all day.

And the traffic on the streets of BKK, will be much betterthumbsup.gif

Why, what makes your lot stand out above the rest

I've seen worse. Anti Israel sign on Phi Phi island saying "Israeli not welcome at this hotelarrow-10x10.png".

I don't think so. If you hold a public service vehicle license you can only refuse a person on the grounds of personal hygiene or drunk or similar scenarios....not on the grounds of race.