rubber tree land for sale . advice needed . pro,s and cons

dirtycash

7 rai of land. 383 talang wah in size. about 700 tree approx. trees are 6 years old and ready to cut for first time. located near trat. land is few metres from roadside. since i know nothing of rubber tree land etc could i employ local people to take care of this land and what would the cost be ?

do the trees need any special requirements ? i am looking for a long term investment . the price for the land is 3.5 million baht is this asking too much ?

Calculation for rubber tree business in Thailand | Uno Gomes
www.unogomes.com › Blog
i have just googled a few sites and the above gives good information. my wife allways told me there was very good money in rubber tree land but after looking at the above blog i dont think it is hardly worth the investment.

ive also read this ( below ) in farming / rubber tree forum. so no need for advise now i think i have my answer, maybe need to do more googling myself before i start posting topics on forums.

How much land for rubber trees?
Started by honoluludave, 2013-12-30 02:49

That's a very steep price ! We live in the Sisaket region and rubber tree land, 6 year old trees, sometimes is available for 100,000 - 130,000 per Rai !

I remember two years ago we were offered 1600 trees, on 20 Rai Land, for 2 million Thai Baht.

Seems you are going to pay the Farang price.

Rubber is down from 65 Baht per kilo raw rubber 3 years ago, to 18 Baht per kilo this month ! Not a business worth doing any more at these prices. Fertilizer? Rubber tappers take HALF as they don't work for salary, only for sharing. You should barter the price down until the seller bleeds from the eyes.

Edited by crazygreg44
  • Like 2

Absolutely not worth it in the current climate! The wives family bought up heaps of land in Kantang, Trang when they moved to thai generations ago, it may have been a wise choice then, but now they are sitting on roughly 500rai and making hardly anything of it.

On a side note wood was apparently good but by the time they got replacement documents from the Land office to to sell, the wood has dropped.

I stay out of this business but my advice to the wife was cocoa or coffee - I guess two markets that strong even if you process yourself and sell as a brand product.

Or there is now strong developments in Trang currently - tourism is up and Koreans are buying and chinese .

Apart from that I really see no reason that you should be jumping in to the farming game and advise you to look to tech/digital (outside thai) or even platforms such as crowdcube etc where you take equity in coS as farming in pretty much every form is dead - side note we now have a 2.7 Rai leading to 10rai garden :) - so that's another option a really big garden !

Though something I have been considering is a high end lake lodge resort like you have in Zambia. Kenya etc - lots of people like them getaways - I know i do! But once again you have the problem if it succeeds of every thai and their gik setting up a similar concept.

All the best but strongly suggest you give rubber a miss.

• Like 1